What setting turns this off!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live in a Linden Home, and I like it. And this problem is not restricted to my home, its every place, how do I turn it off or turn it around?

I log on and I am at home, I look out the window and watch the other houses rez, I can read the numbers over the doors, without caming!!, but things in my house are still blurry. How do I tell SL to rez things close to me and then worry about things that are 60 or more meters away, that I will never interact with!

This is most madding in shops as I see the shop but can't see ad boards to buy something, that's counterproductive!

How do I tell SL to show me the things around me and then worry about things I truly don't care about.

@Teagan Tobias: If you are using a TPV, particularly V1-derived, the thing you are looking for is "enable speed-rezzing ..." which steps the draw distance down at first, then gradually expands it as yourtimmediate vicinity gets fully loaded.

I have no idea of any of the V2/V3 viewers implement this.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
change name of recipient

Thanks for taking time to respond.

My LOD is 2.5, my bandwidth is a moving target, recently going from 500 to 1000 and now to 800, but its all about the same in what I see. My draw distance will change depending on where I am but normal is 72 or 96.

The viewers I use are Kokua, Alchemy and Linden Lab viewer, all are the latest by each.

I had another thread about things being bleary in general, Things are Bleary - May 9, and that helped some, but seeing things far away but not up close just makes SL difficult.

I am thinking its could be by design to keep people shopping on the Marketplace and not in world, if so, its working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.