Kiosk spam - is this something that can be abuse reported?

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've found my main and several of my alts added to a store subscriber kiosk, and now receive lots of spammy notices from the store owner on my accounts. I did not sign up for this, have never been to the store before, never purchased so much as a demo or freebie of theirs from the marketplace on any of my accounts, the stuff the store sells is terrible. I went to the store and found the kiosk and from the hovertext I can see there are literally thousands of names being sent notices but there is no way to unsubscribe. I guess I could send owner a notecard asking them to unsubscribe me but I just blocked them instead because it was faster and someone who conducts their business in such a questionable way may not care to remove me anyway. But anyway, as per the title, is the person doing this breaching the TOS in any way? Thanks.

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Simple remedy is to mute them. As they come in, you can  "Accept", "Decline" or "Mute". I say MUTE.

As an added bonus, if you use FS, make use of the auto message feature to muted names. Tell them why they are on mute.

That does NOT WORK for many of them. They have found a way around. They just keep coming. OR perhaps they send from a different mailer each time so that it won't work. 

Unfortunately this seems to be on the rise again. "Sometimes" you can write to the store owner and get off the list. 

Only happened once to me and I will never buy from that store again... and also warn everyone of my friends about the store - hit them where it hurts them: at their income.

I found muting the owner works - muting the items didn't - and the spam mailers were located in a Linden Home on top... reported them with nothing to happen ¬¬

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unfortunately this seems to be on the rise again

Glad I am not the only one who noticed this.  

As others have said I mute and block but there does seem to be some workaround sometimes and the same store is appearing again to my alt

23 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Is it known who codes and sells such a circumventing system in the first place? 

Perhaps it might be an idea to report that person / their product as well, for violating the TOS.

I know of a few and some can be used legit.  I used one back when I had a club and a list of the staff so I could send stuff out to them separately to others in the group.  All I had to do is list names on a notecard and add a message/item/notecard and press send.  It was delivered as soon as they got online.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Is it known who codes and sells such a circumventing system in the first place? 

Perhaps it might be an idea to report that person / their product as well, for violating the TOS.

It can be blocking the item simply does not work - you add a new notecard and tada it gets a new ID because it now is technically a new item.

• Thanks 3

I'm sure I'm not allowed to name stores that have been doing this but for the past 3 months I've received multiple notecards/landmarks from stores I have never visited or heard of. I've blocked all of them but then the next day a new store sends me a notecard/landmark and all the accounts these notecards/landmarks belong to are under 1 year old (usually even under 100 days old.)

Edited by Diana Tyran
Landmarks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.