CoffeeDujour

TPV Cliff Notes - 13th July 2018

Posted (edited)

Another couple of weeks, another TPV meeting. This time we had Oz, Vir & Rider Linden.

1KF1Lkq.png

• Maintenance viewer coming
  • BoM bug fixes to come soon in an updated project viewer, in the next week hopefully.
  • Animesh going to RC very soon, waiting on server side support to roll out. They are pretty close to calling it complete.
  • EEP viewer will take a little longer as it's waiting on server side inventory support to be rolled out.
  • Texture cache revamp is coming "Soon"
  • Estate access management is real close, was held up by a server side change. Viewer and server side components are now in QA.
  • They are debating internally what to do about Apple depreciating OpenGL.
  • Name changes are being worked towards, the plan the moment is that none of the old names will be offered (due to exiting residents valuing names from certain era's of SL history). In the case of marriages both people wanting a new last name will have to both buy a new one. Display-names will continue to function as they do. There will be a RL cost associated with the change, but nothing has been decided on yet. Work at the moment is focused on updating the infrastructure to cope with names changing.
  • Some discussion regarding group voting (for those who remember that being a thing).
  • Fix for group & friend invites sent to offline avatars is coming.
  • The cap on offline messages might be increased as a premium perk.
  • There are NO PLANS to charge for inventory over a certain amount. Silly rumor mill.

Edit : Adding Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CmHngG8oMU

(I've been doing these on the secondlife subreddit for a long time now, figure no harm in duplicating here)

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

I actually sat there looking at this name and waiting, waiting, waiting... until it twigged. Doh!

1b1eabb492a24c077f550617aa0b9692.png.70daf8207e8a83dd24766cb63c1299f0.png

On 7/14/2018 at 5:42 AM, CoffeeDujour said:

Estate access management is real close, was held up by a server side change. Viewer and server side components are now in QA.

I want to know what this is... think I can find any information on it? Any teasers will be appreciated :D

What else... yeah, Oz pronounces Cache incorrectly.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I want to know what this is... think I can find any information on it? Any teasers will be appreciated :D

Perhaps relevant, Inara Pey reports on a SL15B session with Patch and Kiera:

[49:44-50:28Estate Management Enhancements: The recent announcement that private estate holders can now restart their regions from the web, rather than having to log-in to SL is the first item in a number of further improvements to the estate management tools. These will include:

• Improved ban  / access list management.
  • Increasing the number of allowed estate managers.
Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I actually sat there looking at this name and waiting, waiting, waiting... until it twigged. Doh!

Haha.  Oz keeps asking me to change my display name.
My next one will be MISSING_STRING :D

5 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The viewer code is here: https://bitbucket.org/andreyl_productengine/viewer-estate-access/commits/all 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

What else... yeah, Oz pronounces Cache incorrectly.

"Cash" or "Cashay"?

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Haha.  Oz keeps asking me to change my display name.
My next one will be MISSING_STRING :D

Trolling Oz is a delicate art <3

• Haha 2