Sign in to follow this  
Scribit

My avatar sinks into the seat when it sits

Hi, can someone please tell me if you've previously faced this problem where your avatar seems fine while standing but sinks into the seat when sitting? What can be done to fix this?

Turn off your AO when you sit.  That is the most common fix.

If you are just sinking a little bit, adjust your hover height.  That's the fastest way to fix it.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

If you don't want to turn off your AO and don't mind futzing around for a moment, another approach would be to re-position your avatar once on the object. Sometimes object menu's feature a re-positioning option.

• Like 1

I am assuming this happens in all the places where you sit. If it is only one place, then that chair's (?) sit position is likely messed up.

If you are adjusting your right-click-on-avatar Hover to keep your feet on the ground, that can throw off your sit position. If you use either Hover (shape or click) to keep your feet on the ground you can cause the sit problems.

Make sure you are wearing the right 'System Shoes' or shoe for the shoes you are wearing. If your right-click Hover is adjusted by more than a few millimeters then Shape Hover, feet, and shoes are probably off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Turn off your AO when you sit.  That is the most common fix.

Yes, and it also prevents you sitting in your own AO's default sit position as far as new arrivals are concerned, even though to yourself you seem to be sitting using the chair's sit animation. Turning off your own AO reverts to the chair animation. If that makes sense. I guess it depends on priorities too.

• Like 1

I typically hover over the seat when i sit, I know  why, I  adjust my height to  get the bottoms of my shoes on the ground instead of wearing the thing that adjusts my height for the  show.  i keep the hover height adjustment  slider  open all   the time  and  just move my but down to the seat when i need to. The fact that I usually where huge platform heels aggravates this problem, but I am so used to dealing with it I hardly even notice.

• Thanks 1