My avatar sinks into the seat when it sits

Scribit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am assuming this happens in all the places where you sit. If it is only one place, then that chair's (?) sit position is likely messed up.

If you are adjusting your right-click-on-avatar Hover to keep your feet on the ground, that can throw off your sit position. If you use either Hover (shape or click) to keep your feet on the ground you can cause the sit problems.

Make sure you are wearing the right 'System Shoes' or shoe for the shoes you are wearing. If your right-click Hover is adjusted by more than a few millimeters then Shape Hover, feet, and shoes are probably off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Turn off your AO when you sit.  That is the most common fix.

Yes, and it also prevents you sitting in your own AO's default sit position as far as new arrivals are concerned, even though to yourself you seem to be sitting using the chair's sit animation. Turning off your own AO reverts to the chair animation. If that makes sense. I guess it depends on priorities too.

• Like 1

I typically hover over the seat when i sit, I know  why, I  adjust my height to  get the bottoms of my shoes on the ground instead of wearing the thing that adjusts my height for the  show.  i keep the hover height adjustment  slider  open all   the time  and  just move my but down to the seat when i need to. The fact that I usually where huge platform heels aggravates this problem, but I am so used to dealing with it I hardly even notice.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, Candice LittleBoots said:

Yes, and it also prevents you sitting in your own AO's default sit position as far as new arrivals are concerned, even though to yourself you seem to be sitting using the chair's sit animation. Turning off your own AO reverts to the chair animation. If that makes sense. I guess it depends on priorities too.

Just wish that the AO or SEAT SCRIPT could automate the switching between the AVI AO and the Object (Seat/Bed/Boat/Car) animation.  Rather than this have to be done manually each time.  (unless someone know that this can be automated). 

3 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

Just wish that the AO or SEAT SCRIPT could automate the switching between the AVI AO and the Object (Seat/Bed/Boat/Car) animation.  Rather than this have to be done manually each time.  (unless someone know that this can be automated). 

Often the item being sat on will have an adjustment option.  It commonly is on the blue dialog box which has all the sit pose options, or there may be a quick message to your local chat after you sit, with instructions as to how to adjust your position on the object via a chat command.  With many objects, after you adjust your position, there is a button for saving that setting for your avatar on that specific item. 

EDITED TO ADD:  I just saw your other thread in another section of the forum on this issue, where you gave more information about your AO and settings you had set within the AO, and it looks like you've solved your issue, and it was AO setting related, for a specific setting.

Edited by MoiraKathleen
new information

My partner had this problem. The solution for her, which we leanred here on the forums, was to set her avatar hover value to 50, via edit appearance, not with the slider. The slider can now be used for minor adjustments while standing, and the pose adjuster function on furniture can be used for minor adjustments while sitting. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.