Types of people on the forum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read this as "someone once answered one of my questions in the tech forums, so they are cool, everyone else in every other part of the forum sucks...but not because I run out of arguments in discussions, but because they are all just bad trolls and idiots".

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

There are 10 types of people on the forums.  Those who understand binary and those who do not.

For those who don't understand binary or it's relevance to this thread, 10 is 16 in hexadecimal, and the number of Jung/Briggs/Myers types. ¬¬

• Haha 1

Just now, CoffeeDujour said:

For those who don't understand binary or it's relevance to this thread, 10 is 16 in hexadecimal, and the number of Jung/Briggs/Myers types. ¬¬

I love Myers-Briggs tests. They were one of the first interactive things I found on the internet when I joined in 1993. I kept taking one over and over again, recording the results. It didn't take long to work out the approximate algorithm used to tip the flag in each of the four groups and I was quickly able to take the test in a way that I could place myself in virtually any of the sixteen boxes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Und under which category do you fall with your post? Just asking...

Definitely an entitled kid....its just not fair ya know....im joking. There were probably more I could have added, some have been mentioned such as the derailers etc etc. Perhaps you can think of a category to class me as? xD

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Quite a grain of salt to get such thorough research from someone with a single post...

I don't know if you saw but there was a disclaimer of sorts explaining that this was just for fun and no harm or insult was meant. I mean so far everyone has taken it as it was meant to be taken, light hearted and fun. You are one of two who sounds like you have had your feels hurt by this....see further down for the other...

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

maybe it's someone rushing to get that final "I know I'll do SL"  assignment in

Alas its true. My tutor will kill me if I do not make the 9pm deadline. Im studying psychology you see, my assignment is called "The multiple personality types of the SL forums and how their personalities relate to their posts"....I think its a bit long winded personally but its the best I could come up with in such a short space of time.....

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and forgot one not un- important one : ... the derailers group  :)

Yep!!, thats another category

1 hour ago, Ren Toxx said:

One category for the positives. Five for the negatives.

Interesting.

The other..

54 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I read this as "someone once answered one of my questions in the tech forums, so they are cool, everyone else in every other part of the forum sucks...but not because I run out of arguments in discussions, but because they are all just bad trolls and idiots".

Nope, you are wrong. It was nothing more than a little light hearted fun generalising some of the forum personality types. No offence or harm meant what so ever

Edited by ThatsPants
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatsPants said:

Definitely an entitled kid....its just not fair ya know....im joking. There were probably more I could have added, some have been mentioned such as the derailers etc etc. Perhaps you can think of a category to class me as? xD

I don't know if you saw but there was a disclaimer of sorts explaining that this was just for fun and no harm or insult was meant. I mean so far everyone has taken it as it was meant to be taken, light hearted and fun. You are one of two who sounds like you have had your feels hurt by this....see further down for the other...

Alas its true. My tutor will kill me if I do not make the 9pm deadline. Im studying psychology you see, my assignment is called "The multiple personality types of the SL forums and how their personalities relate to their posts"....I think its a bit long winded personally but its the best I could come up with in such a short space of time.....

Yep!!, thats another category

The other..

Nope, you are wrong. It was nothing more than a little light hearted fun generalising some of the forum personality types. No offence or harm meant what so ever

Thank you for not asking us to take a survey.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThatsPants said:

I don't know...the different categories read a bit too similar.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Phorumities is that you?

While its true that I'm a replacement for another account that I stopped posting with, I do not post in a forum in the same time span using more than one account.

One of me is already more than you can handle.

Edited by Phorumities
changed a word, changed a line

5 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Paging Klytyna....paging Klytyna....

*coughs*

6 hours ago, ThatsPants said:

So, I was bored

I can tell, that's the usual reason for writing "wall-of-pseudo-intellectual-crappola" posts like this one.

This is purely for fun so don't take anything too to heart.

Phrases like that invariably mean exactly the opposite. It's the same sort of crap as "in my humble opinion" from people who are anything but, or "I don't mean to cause offence" just before deliberately doing so.

If I have missed any please write them below

The 5th Rate Cow College Liberal Arts Faculty Pseudo-Intellectual Debate Class Life Waste.

People with worthless degrees in pathetic pseudo subjects such as combined degrees in "Sociology & Macrame" or "Psychology & Comic Book Appreciation" or anything with the word "Philosophy" in it's title. The worthless subjects.

These people often use sock puppet accounts to make their "Hi I'm new but in my 5 mins in SL I've noticed..." threads.

It's also common for them to berate people for being sarcastic and/or cynical, because a) they themselves have no real understanding of these terms and b) because they once read a web page by some self proclaimed lifestyle guru, denouncing "cynics" as trolls and demanding that "decent folk take back the web", etc.

Their threads are usually about as relevant as "The Space Hamsters of Elvis ate my neighbour's blueberry muffin using hypnosis - Debate!" (so fairly typical of "General Discussion Threads" during the summer school break silly season.

What else needs to be said, we're done here, moving on...

</thread>

EDIT:

And now for something completely different...

<derail>

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You forgot my category -  tries her best to help but with blonde moments.  Can revert to sarcasm with snowflakes and likes a good laugh when people start to rant or when they don't get their own way or don't get people rushing to agree with their rant.

We blondes should stick together......9_9

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThatsPants said:

-The Lindens : Our lords...our masters...the true god of old....we pray 'Heavenly lindens, bless us this day and guide us on our true path. We thank you for all you have done and all you will continue to do. Bestow upon us the blessing of the great one Oz and the supreme ruler Ebbe and may they deliver us into a new age of virtual innovation...for in the lindens we trust....'..... found to be merciful to some and merciless to others, they are the true gods of the world we inhabit. Some say that meeting a linden is like meeting the architect of the universe itself. Those who have studied the lindens closely make mention of the 'linden hive mind', controlled by a single AI consciousness known only as E.B.B.E they claim that the L does not really stand for Linden but in fact Legion....for they are many....  (srs guys don't ban me I love you all, il pay my tithings next week I swear...)

Okay, that truly cracked me up.

You forgot the category of the person that creates an Alt just to post a topic in the forums because they are too afraid (or possibly shy) to use their normal account.  i.e.:
image.png.f3916311fbf9e604b2ddf431b024c0b2.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Klytyna said:

*coughs*

I can tell, that's the usual reason for writing "wall-of-pseudo-intellectual-crappola" posts like this one.

Phrases like that invariably mean exactly the opposite. It's the same sort of crap as "in my humble opinion" from people who are anything but, or "I don't mean to cause offence" just before deliberately doing so.

The 5th Rate Cow College Liberal Arts Faculty Pseudo-Intellectual Debate Class Life Waste.

People with worthless degrees in pathetic pseudo subjects such as combined degrees in "Sociology & Macrame" or "Psychology & Comic Book Appreciation" or anything with the word "Philosophy" in it's title. The worthless subjects.

These people often use sock puppet accounts to make their "Hi I'm new but in my 5 mins in SL I've noticed..." threads.

It's also common for them to berate people for being sarcastic and/or cynical, because a) they themselves have no real understanding of these terms and b) because they once read a web page by some self proclaimed lifestyle guru, denouncing "cynics" as trolls and demanding that "decent folk take back the web", etc.

Their threads are usually about as relevant as "The Space Hamsters of Elvis ate my neighbour's blueberry muffin using hypnosis - Debate!" (so fairly typical of "General Discussion Threads" during the summer school break silly season.

What else needs to be said, we're done here, moving on...

</thread>

EDIT:

And now for something completely different...

<derail>

Oh stop being such a snowflake. It was nothing more than a bit of fun. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.