Forum for non-SL games?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perhaps I did not phrase my query as eloquently as possible, but the gist is: where is the forum for current SL-ers to talk about other games? To possibly socialize and ally together in these other games? I was never a big EVE player but SL had an EVE group at one point, no doubt for other games too like WOW. Would be cool to meet some other FO76ers.

Android can't even deliver a functional alarm clock on my phone, so thanks  but no thanks to that kindly meant suggestion.

Talking about games outside SL shouldn't be some Potemkin Village scenario. Everyone knows other games and worlds exist, why should talking about them be discouraged? Unless this  place has mutated  into a Star Citizen echo chamber  since I last left, but that's not possible,  SL users are strong-minded iconoclasts.

10 minutes ago, Kanomi Pikajuna said:

Everyone knows other games and worlds exist, why should talking about them be discouraged?

Conversely, why should it be encouraged by a company for whom their sole interest is the promotion of their platform?

If every single game platform had a forum for every other game on their forum, can you begin to imagine the dilution of postings?  Is there something particularly challenging about going to the specific platform providers forums to discuss that content?

1 minute ago, Bradford Mint said:

Conversely, why should it be encouraged by a company for whom their sole interest is the promotion of their platform?

If every single game platform had a forum for every other game on their forum, can you begin to imagine the dilution of postings?  Is there something particularly challenging about going to the specific platform providers forums to discuss that content?

To quote  the great Bill Hicks, It's just a ride.

Well ok but I just don't get it.  I go to a news site to get news, I go to Amazon to shop, here for SL and other gaming sites for those games etc.

I don't need to see RL news here, I don't go to Amazon to read about SL and I don't go to a gaming site for politics. Segregation just doesn't seem like a difficult challenge to me, especially when a company that owns it, does so to further their own product.

SL inworld can form whatever community as appropriate but the forum is run by LL and they have one goal.  *shrugs*

• Like 5

Trying to be smart about it is rather silly, because it just serves to make you look ridiculous. You have no reason in the world to expect the owners of a world to do what you want. You won't go into a supermarket and find directions to competing supermarkets, will you? Or areas set aside to specifically discuss other supermarkets. You started off ok with this thread, but now you're starting to look like someone who wants to be waited on hand and foot, and everything to be just as you want it to be. You won't find any support for that here.

I'm in the camp of.."I don't quite understand why someone would go to the SL forums to read/chat about other platforms/games that aren't SL".

Since you've not yet actually explained why, that's likely to leave folks with the assumption(good, bad, indifferent) that you're one of those "give me everything I want, when I want it, where I want it, how I want it, right now...logic be damned" folks...That's not going to bode well for you much of anywhere in life ;)

Why would you go to a car dealership and ask to see their line of washing machines? 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Kanomi Pikajuna said:

Talking about games outside SL shouldn't be some Potemkin Village scenario. Everyone knows other games and worlds exist, why should talking about them be discouraged?

Try to view it from the companies point of view: Why would they want to invest any amount of work, time, money and server space to host discussions about other companies products and draw attention to those? LL wants you to spend time and money in SL, not find more motivation to spend both in other virtual worlds and games...or worse, drag others with you in the process.

21 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

I'm in the camp of.."I don't quite understand why someone would go to the SL forums to read/chat about other platforms/games that aren't SL".

Since you've not yet actually explained why, that's likely to leave folks with the assumption(good, bad, indifferent) that you're one of those "give me everything I want, when I want it, where I want it, how I want it, right now...logic be damned" folks...That's not going to bode well for you much of anywhere in life ;)

Why would you go to a car dealership and ask to see their line of washing machines? 

I'm finding myself hoping she does venture across the street; it'll be fun to watch.

13 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

But then I lose storage space.

No, I think you can make this work. If you have a washing machine in the car, you never need more than two sets of clothing, the set you're wearing and the set in the washing machine.

My next dishwasher will be one with two drawers. I'll load one drawer with a day's worth of silverware, and transfer that to the other drawer as the day progresses and I dirty everything. At bedtime, I'll start the dirty drawer washing. When I rise, that'll be the clean drawer for the day. This way I can free up the silverware drawer for more junk. I sorta do that now, but sometimes forget where the line of demarcation is between clean and dirty, and only figure it out when the fork is in my mouth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.