Stop Visitors Flying

Norianah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a sim with Estate rites and it is not  divided into parcels. The Estate setting for fly is  ticked to allow ( or else I can't even fly ). I have unticked  the fly setting in The about Land. Only group members can place items here and in the group settings under abilties allowed to the group I have ticked fly. Evem when wearing their tags  they still can't fly so I am asking is there a way that will allow just the group to fly. The land is not deeded to the group.  Thanks for any help  Nori

6 answers to this question

Thankyou   one more question please. If I deed the sim to the group would that effect anything that is already been placed on the sim by everyone living here. Only the group can create objects so all items should be  rezzed under the group name. thanks again

5 hours ago, Norianah said:

Thankyou   one more question please. If I deed the sim to the group would that effect anything that is already been placed on the sim by everyone living here. Only the group can create objects so all items should be  rezzed under the group name. thanks again

That depends on your Autoreturn setting.  If it's on, any objects not rezzed under the group name will be returned.  It's because of this that I leave Autoreturn off on my land and just manually return any things that don't belong there.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, Norianah said:

is there a way that will allow just the group to fly

Mostly - no.  There is a way to override the 'no fly' setting, thus anyone that really wants to fly can.  

That being said, there are objects that you can buy that will detect flyers and handle them - and usually said objects can exclude group members or a list of people.  Thus, with one of those objects, you could just set the land to no-fly and let the object handle allowing group members to fly.

yes

On 7/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, Norianah said:

I have a sim with Estate rites and it is not  divided into parcels. The Estate setting for fly is  ticked to allow ( or else I can't even fly ). I have unticked  the fly setting in The about Land. Only group members can place items here and in the group settings under abilties allowed to the group I have ticked fly. Evem when wearing their tags  they still can't fly so I am asking is there a way that will allow just the group to fly. The land is not deeded to the group.  Thanks for any help  Nori

Yes you can buy a selection from a couple of products in the SL store, they go by the names of "No Fly", "No Fly Zone", "Fly Buster" "No Fly Zapper" "Flyer Buster"

prices from  49 to 500 

They all do not appear to work, to some extent/review.  A friend with a SIM like yours bought Zapper and she likes it 

There is also a real pricey script you can also buy 

Edited by JessieSmart
detail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.