Unfair ban from a region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:09 PM, AngelStar42 said:

So I want to ask if what I did was such a huge thing that warrants a ban ? 

You IM'd an advertisement to someone who does not like to be IM'd with advertisements.  Anyone with ban rights can ban for any reason. So, your action led to their reaction. Easy!

On 7/12/2018 at 8:09 PM, AngelStar42 said:

I work as a manager in the power couple contest and as a way to get more people and spread the word, I am promoting this contest. Many of you might have got a message from me about it. I am fairly new to SL so I don't have much friends or contacts...
Similarly inworld , I look for groups that have their member list and have not mentioned I can't message them and send then ONE SINGLE message - a brief about the contest and if they are interested. 
Yesterday I messaged some people from my rental and one happened to be the owner's alt. 

My idea of communication is word of mouth, we all have our dj and host friends who tp us or have conferences about their gigs. 

Are you a telemarketer in RL or maybe just think they have the right to call anytime they want, out of the blue, just to pitch whatever they are selling at the moment?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

General Discussion (and previously RA) do and always have done

Oddly I agree with Deakins from the other side. The fact that a 'General' subset exists here is - pointless as there are so many other places. To wit

Now, I am engaged in that topic elsewhere. So why should such a topic be here. I admire the sentiment (sigh as one of those brought up in it). And given that most SLers do not know this forum exists why not just nuke the whole idea? We have a whole virtual world to engage in. And I do when logged in.

Oh and on topic JIC to the OP spammers of all kind are plopheads and yep I would have banned as well.

There. Responded to thread and was OP orientated.

20 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yes, the Off Topic prohibition seems to be new, or at least newly enforced.

but strange enough very randomly,
wrongly posted in several sections stays where it is since some days ( and yes it's reported)  looks like Dakota is the only one on this part of the forum at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

vacation time ... give them a break

we get also a break on premium and landcosts?

just kidding of course, but for a company with the user/client base as LL holidays shouldn't be a reaon to have cuts in service or presence, also still always a mistery they simply close support and other departments for holidays.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.