Admin rights question

SelaSteele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a sim admin and the owner has added me to the group that has every right possible that an owner can assign to another. 

I use Firestorm. Others in the same group that also use FS have no issues at all. But when I go to WORLD/NEARBY AVATARS and right click, the FREEZE and EJECT options are not in the dropdown. Further, if I click on an avi and get the pie menu, the FREEZE and EJECT options have no effect. 

Anyone have any idea why? Thanks for the time! 

6 hours ago, SelaSteele said:

I am a sim admin

Do you mean that you are an estate manager on that region?
World -> Region Details -> Estate -> Estate Managers

I need to be added to the land group to check what the problem is.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
spelling

46 minutes ago, SelaSteele said:

No I don't mean that at all.

Freeze is a feature that only estate managers can use.
Are the others on Firestorm that you say do not have the same problem all estate managers on that region?

It's difficult for me to troubleshoot blind because I can't see who is estate manager on that region & who has what roles in the land group.
I'm happy to help but I need to be invited to the land group & given the same roles that you have yourself to see if there is a problem here or whether it's expected behaviour.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Freeze is a feature that only estate managers can use.
Are the others on Firestorm that you say do not have the same problem all estate managers on that region?

It's difficult for me to troubleshoot blind because I can't see who is estate manager on that region & who has what roles in the land group.
I'm happy to help but I need to be invited to the land group & given the same roles that you have yourself to see if there is a problem here or whether it's expected behaviour.

Ya, it's the abilities within the land group that seem to be the problem. 

In the abilities . . . the Parcel Access subsection . . . Eject and freeze residents on parcel is checked. But I can't do it. And all others in the group can. 

I can set you up however you need. 

Edit: Thank you for the time!

Edit 2: These others are not estate managers. 

Edited by SelaSteele
Multiple

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Can we ask please, what the solution was?

Stating what the solution was can help people years in the future who stumble over the thread on a google search.

Of course! It's kind of a dumb answer and maybe a unique situation that never helps anyone, but you never know. (And really I am so new to some of this, I hope I don't mess up the terminology, but here goes): 

Short answer: We were fiddling with the wrong land group. 

Long answer: The land is set to group-owned. As he was building the sim, the owner set it to be group owned, but owned by the group of his previous sim.  I guess it was going to be easier for him that way; keep the same admins, same rights for tags, etc. He just wanted to build a new place. Eventually he made a group named after the new sim, but since that is not the controlling group, except for maybe the message board rights and/or some things I probably don't understand, the options affiliated with the various tags in that group have little or no effect. 

All this was done maybe two years ago and it temporarily slipped the owners mind that he had to give me rights in the old group.

So ya, pretty much human error. Thanks again for the time ^^

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.