twilk14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Second Life Community.

Last night was the first time that I had gotten back on second life in a few months. And I believe I had this issue before I left, but my avatar is not rendering like it should. When loading, My head goes to my hand, and my dress awkwardly floats inside of me. Also, other pieces of my body parts are off to the side in a cluster. Can someone please give me an explanation/solution??

Thank you :)))

-Twilk14

It sounds like things aren't loading well. You RIGGED head is likely set to "right hand" (the default). Clothes floating for a LONG time is exactly what happens in a crowded venue to most all of us. Try logging into to an empty water sim like SMITH. Beyond that it may be a connection problem or you may have your viewer set higher than it can actually work well at  -- for graphics.

Without more information we are giving you the 'common' fixes. Use Help->About... when asking a tech question. Paste the info with your question/problem.

Depending on connection and region lag it can take a few minutes for an avatar to render. Not being on for a time means your cache has likely aged out and is having to reload. This also slows things down.

It is always good to have two brands of viewer installed. Firestorm users usually have the Linden viewer installed for troubleshooting. Keeping it installed allows for quick test of whether it is an us or them problem, my computer-viewer ot the Linden servers.

What you describe sounds like typical slow rendering avatars. HOWEVER, older versions of the viewer not using the latest protocols can fail to render the avatar correctly. There is what we call the 'hair-in-the-butt' bug. More broadly a problem of things on the avatar rendering in the wrong place. It is a symptom of the viewer and server getting out of sync, which has a wide range of causes. It is often fixed by a relog.

Chic has made a good suggestion for what to try.

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2018 at 6:49 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Without more information we are giving you the 'common' fixes. Use Help->About... when asking a tech question. Paste the info with your question/problem.

Depending on connection and region lag it can take a few minutes for an avatar to render. Not being on for a time means your cache has likely aged out and is having to reload. This also slows things down.

It is always good to have two brands of viewer installed. Firestorm users usually have the Linden viewer installed for troubleshooting. Keeping it installed allows for quick test of whether it is an us or them problem, my computer-viewer ot the Linden servers.

What you describe sounds like typical slow rendering avatars. HOWEVER, older versions of the viewer not using the latest protocols can fail to render the avatar correctly. There is what we call the 'hair-in-the-butt' bug. More broadly a problem of things on the avatar rendering in the wrong place. It is a symptom of the viewer and server getting out of sync, which has a wide range of causes. It is often fixed by a relog.

Chic has made a good suggestion for what to try.

COMPLAINT CLOUDS_001.jpg

53 minutes ago, Marnie Ansar said:

two hours in and this is what other avatars look like. I don't believe it is the viewer but there must be a fairly obvious answer. Asking for help to identify it...I always get, this is what to do when your avatar looks like this...mine is fine!! 

COMPLAINT CLOUDS_001.jpg

Try rebooting your modem.

• Like 1

@Marnie Ansar You have us guessing... as I suggest above, post your viewer info. HELP->About...

In that info will be some key info about your connection quality. The particle cloud avatars indicate your viewer does not have the info needed to render them.

Remember. A good internet connection is not the same as a good connection to the SL servers. So, check you connection to SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.