receiving instant messages on mail instead of online

smukkecharlie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, smukkecharlie said:

Anyone know why I almost everyday misses out of some texting from friends and receiving part of in my mail, then when i log back online the messages is there. Sometimes i dont get the chance to respond to them on everything since it goes to my mail?

In preferences make sure you have ticked offlines to email.  Also make sure on the website you have verified your email address.  I have also had in the past gmail deciding all messages from SL are spam.

20 minutes ago, smukkecharlie said:

Anyone know why I almost everyday misses out of some texting from friends and receiving part of in my mail, then when i log back online the messages is there. Sometimes i dont get the chance to respond to them on everything since it goes to my mail?

restart your modem/router, for some reason the servers don't get the message from your viewer you are online for messages.

This can also happen if the presence service loses track of you -- which seems to happen whenever I'm in mid-teleport. If I stay put in one place scripting or something, I never miss IMs, but if I'm scouting around by constant TP, those IMs go to my inbox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

This can also happen if the presence service loses track of you -- which seems to happen whenever I'm in mid-teleport. If I stay put in one place scripting or something, I never miss IMs, but if I'm scouting around by constant TP, those IMs go to my inbox.

That's expected behaviour actually.
When you are in a teleport, you are technically "offline" for a couple of seconds as far as the chat system is concerned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.