30 alts and bots crammed into a safe point

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The Oritz safe point has been filling up with alts and bots for days. Now it's up to 30. Apparently, this is one of the places avatars are dumped when a sim goes down. They all end up behind a sign, and there's not enough room for 30 avatars. One has been pushed through the wall into an aquarium.

afkpileup_001.jpg.ec037f33ecfe366279c2423d7e85e7bc.jpg

It keeps them off the streets.

Good place to test avatar impostor performance. Maintaining 30FPS here.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

AR them all for being traffic bots ...

as alsoin  the title of this thread you can't be sure about it being traffic bots.

And if they are bots, they as well might be registered. They simply end there because of the rolling restarts.

The strange "alt" mentioning in the title  makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

AR them all for being traffic bots ... not that anything will happen.

What on earth makes you think that it's traffic bots that have ended up there? Don't other bots get logged out and end up in such places on auto-logging in again?

Edited by Phil Deakins

Ever since the first computers... ...there have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together... ...to form unexpected protocols. What might be called behavior. Unanticipated, these free radicals... ...engender questions of free will... ...creativity and even the nature of what we might call the soul. What happens in a robot's brain when it ceases to be useful? Why is it that robots stored in an empty space... will seek out each other rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior?

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=i-robot

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Haven't  you noticed? people today don't think, they only assume.

lol - especially about bots. Some people see a bot and think, 'That's not allowed. Traffic bots are banned'.

What I don't understand is why LL chose to make it so that we are unable to see whether or not an avatar is registered as a scripted agent. It would have taken a bit of work, as opposed to what they did do - make the simple statement that traffic bots are now banned, but, in the long run, it would have saved work, because it does take time to check on all the bot ARs.

I know from personal experience that there are enough interfering busy-bodies around to cause a good deal of extra work checking out bot ARs. Not that I've checked them out - I've never been on that side of things lol. The experience is from is people ARing my bots, and threatening to AR them if I don't remove them, which I never did, of course. I never broke that rule so their ARs got nowhere, except that they wasted the AR team's time. Busy-bodies like being busy-bodies, and they constantly keep an eye open for things they can interfere with.

Edited by Phil Deakins

6 hours ago, animats said:

with alts and bots

1. You have proven time and again that you are incapable of telling the difference...

2. Neither is against the rules in SL...

3. Both bots and NOOBS tend to end up at safehubs, especially during rolling restarts. NOOBS often end up at hubs becaue, Lagtech Griefer Orbs try to send them 'home' for being less than x months old and they don't HAVE a home location...

4 Your inexplicable hatred for "alts & bots" ssems to result in you making as many whiney "alta & bots" threads as you do "Save SL by covering it in copies of Kama City" threads and "Save SL by closing it down for 6 months, banning anyone over 30 or who doesn't use a console, and rewriting it as a pseudo-rpg first person shooter in UE4" threads.

What the hell is your problem with ALTS, their money spends just as well as anyone elses, and they are not "criminals" just for existing so why don't you just mind your own business and let them mind theirs...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I know from personal experience that there are enough interfering busy-bodies around to cause a good deal of extra work 

Tell me about it, I work for a condo association, and some days this makes up everything I do.

44 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

lol - especially about bots. Some people see a bot and think, 'That's not allowed. Traffic bots are banned'.

What I don't understand is why LL chose to make it so that we are unable to see whether or not an avatar is registered as a scripted agent. It would have taken a bit of work, as opposed to what they did do - make the simple statement that traffic bots are now banned, but, in the long run, it would have saved work, because it does take time to check on all the bot ARs.

I know from personal experience that there are enough interfering busy-bodies around to cause a good deal of extra work checking out bot ARs. Not that I've checked them out - I've never been on that side of things lol. The experience is from is people ARing my bots, and threatening to AR them if I don't remove them, which I never did, of course. I never broke that rule so their ARs got nowhere, except that they wasted the AR team's time. Busy-bodies like being busy-bodies, and they constantly keep an eye for things they can interfere with.

Banning is a worthless empty gesture if it's impossible to enforce it. So you go to a club and there's 20 afk avatars up in the sky. Are you gonna report them? Is anyone gonna report them? They are still doing what they aren't supposed to do, which is inflate traffic numbers.

7 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Banning is a worthless empty gesture if it's impossible to enforce it. So you go to a club and there's 20 afk avatars up in the sky. Are you gonna report them? Is anyone gonna report them? They are still doing what they aren't supposed to do, which is inflate traffic numbers.

Strange but true...

1. SL has exactly NO regulations forbidding the parking of afk accounts for traffic figures.

2. An afk account is not a "bot", a "bot" is an account operated by means of a client side "ai" application, a either a compiled program or an interpreted script of some sort (no not an lsl script in SL)

3. The rules only state that "scripted agents" (accounts controlled by client side applications) are supposed to be registered if left static on your parcel. Nothing in the re about accounts logged in with SL viewers and left AFK. NOTHING

There used to be a BDSM sim, that many people referred to as "Boredom Ranch". Typically it would have 45-50 avatars standing on it...

Nobody moved, nobody spoke...

A Clueless Worthless Noob Butthole from Planet Stupid... Such a person MIGHT have assumed that all 50 accounts were "alts & bots" and "doing what they should not" by inflating traffic figures, and filed AR's against them all.

In reality, none of them were "bots", they were all actual people, all waiting around for one of the other 49 to IM them and offer kinky RP, enhanced by the use of large amounts of RLV scripted attachments.

The reason nobody moved about was because you couldn't, due to the lag being a bit like wading neck deep in molasses, in winter time, even local chat lagged like hell which is why nobody talked, everyone IM'd or waited for others to IM them, the lag was so bad you couldn't even TP out half the time if you had been foolish enough to walk in...

The place had very high traffic figures, because NEW people who didn't know about the place, tended to TP in after seeing the traffic figures, without checking the map to see how busy it was, and then got stuck, unable to TP or stagger out again...

When ever I see threads/posts that basically start with...

"Hi! St Clueless of Dumpville, the Self Proclaimed Messiah-Noob, here. I recently went to a SafeHub, and *gasp* it was filled with people who didn't run around doing FPS ePeen vs ePeen combat, while shouting over voicespam, or RPing being biker thugs or all the NORMAL stuff that I do. LL need to do something about thgis problem..."

I immediately think of several questions.

1. Who proclaimed them the Messiah-Noob, and why should anyone else care?

2. Why would anyone with even the loosest approximation f a functioning brain voluntarily visit a SafeHub, and why should anyone else care?

3. What makes them think that other people wanting to spend their time doing things the Messiah-Noob doesn't do, and not doing things the Messiah-Noob does do, be seen by LL as a "problem" that urgently needs fixing, and why should anyone else care?

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

There used to be a BDSM sim, that many people referred to as "Boredom Ranch". Typically it would have 45-50 avatars standing on it...

Nobody moved, nobody spoke...

A Clueless Worthless Noob Butthole from Planet Stupid... Such a person MIGHT have assumed that all 50 accounts were "alts & bots" and "doing what they should not" by inflating traffic figures, and filed AR's against them all.

In reality, none of them were "bots", they were all actual people, all waiting around for one of the other 49 to IM them and offer kinky RP, enhanced by the use of large amounts of RLV scripted attachments.

The reason nobody moved about was because you couldn't, due to the lag being a bit like wading neck deep in molasses, in winter time, even local chat lagged like hell which is why nobody talked, everyone IM'd or waited for others to IM them, the lag was so bad you couldn't even TP out half the time if you had been foolish enough to walk in...

The place had very high traffic figures, because NEW people who didn't know about the place, tended to TP in after seeing the traffic figures, without checking the map to see how busy it was, and then got stuck, unable to TP or stagger out again...

Actually the bondage ranch still exists, but for some reason it's now always empty.

That one was the worst, but all sex sims are like that, everyone waiting around for someone else to make the first move.

The whole thing is kind of sad really.

And now there is afk s e x places, but at least there no one is expected to talk. 

You can get your jollies in silent bliss.

... or not, I just searched it and nothing came up.

Edited by Phorumities
added a line

Those poor bots abandoned by their owners, someone should call the bot protection agency!

Really though, there isn't much that can be done. As long as they are marked as scripted agent, LL usually doesn't care unless it is all owned by the same person and they are being negligent to restore their bot's position.

They got kicked there because they tried reconnecting while the sim they stay at was down. Usually bot owners will log in within a week and pick them up when they notice they are gone.

I have seen some "chat bots" that are quite annoying(especially when there are two and they are talking with each other spawning 1 message per second), I usually just bump into those until they get out of the safe zone spawn and into the water so they don't bug people.

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

Aall sex sims are like that, everyone waiting around for someone else to make the first move.

The whole thing is kind of sad really.

and again too generalising.. you cán't see how many IM tabs they have open, might be even the largest voice chat group SL ever had..

some are in IM, others just park their avi while doing some mp shopping, rl cooking, or listen to the music... all kind of reasons people stand somewhere, no matter it's s sex sim or orphanage shelter.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and again too generalising.. you cán't see how many IM tabs they have open, might be even the largest voice chat group SL ever had..

some are in IM, others just park their avi while doing some mp shopping, rl cooking, or listen to the music... all kind of reasons people stand somewhere, no matter it's s sex sim or orphanage shelter.

Ok since I haven't visited every sex sim on the grid, I'll qualify it... all the sex sims I've ever visited are like that. 

*rolls eyes*

Edited by Phorumities
added a letter

45 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Ok since I haven't visited every sex sim on the grid, I'll qualify it... all the sex sims I've ever visited are like that. 

*rolls eyes*

Maybe you're the only one, or one of the few, standing around waiting for others to make the first move, and those other folks are actually chatting in IM, or group chats.

Your qualification of your assessment still doesn't change the fact that you don't know who is talking to who, or what anyone else is doing. If you're standing around and doing nothing on a sim-regardless of the type-that's on you, lol. It doesn't mean everyone else there is also doing the same. 

I'm quite fond of going places and just standing still, I don't park myself and go AFK, I'm nearly always doing something, even if I'm not moving.

(though in my case, I wouldn't do it on a sex sim, I've no desire to visit them, lol)

7 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Maybe you're the only one, or one of the few, standing around waiting for others to make the first move, and those other folks are actually chatting in IM, or group chats.

Your qualification of your assessment still doesn't change the fact that you don't know who is talking to who, or what anyone else is doing. If you're standing around and doing nothing on a sim-regardless of the type-that's on you, lol. It doesn't mean everyone else there is also doing the same. 

I'm quite fond of going places and just standing still, I don't park myself and go AFK, I'm nearly always doing something, even if I'm not moving.

(though in my case, I wouldn't do it on a sex sim, I've no desire to visit them, lol)

I never make the first move. I much prefer being the rejector than the rejectee.

And yes, all 50 avatars could be in im paired up doing the nasty, or making plans to do same, but i severely doubt it.

I'll go with a friend and chat in local, and still nothing, i guess they are all too shy to even say hey.

Any sim with no local chat is boring, be it a sex sim or a music club. 

13 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

I'll go with a friend and chat in local, and still nothing, i guess they are all too shy to even say hey.

most places i know for hook up, also some clubs... this is a mortal sin, nobody will ever talk in public chat. It's not being shy, you'r just totally ignored and even muted if you keep doing it.

29 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

there's more sex in non sex sims, than in sex sims themself. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

most places i know for hook up, also some clubs... this is a mortal sin, nobody will ever talk in public chat. It's not being shy, you'r just totally ignored and even muted if you keep doing it.

More than once I've told people that if they don't want to read what I'm typing, to mute me.

I was at a sex sim with a lover and started emoting with them in local. I was told by someone there to shut up and take it to im.

So I did, but right after we finished, and right before I tped out, I copy/pasted (with my lovers permission of course) the entire im into  local chat.

3 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

As long as they are marked as scripted agent, LL usually doesn't care unless it is all owned by the same person and they are being negligent to restore their bot's position.

They don't have to be registered as scripted agents, unless they are owned by the land-owner of the land they are on, and the land is in search. Some people seem to imagine that bots must be registered as scripted agents, but those people are totally wrong.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Lol, very true

I just have no desire to visit a place to hang out that I wouldn't enjoy. I have my hubby for sex, don't need sl for that lol. 

On 12.7.2018 at 1:52 PM, Klytyna said:

2. Why would anyone with even the loosest approximation f a functioning brain voluntarily visit a SafeHub

Because it's a safe hub where nobody will harm you or bother you. At least that's what it says on the tin.

And if by sheer coincidence your first visit happens to be during one of the 24 hours of the day when it isn't a pleasant place to be, try again. And if you happen to be unlucky the second time too, well three's a charm.

I do agree that trying a fourth time is a bit too much though...

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.