When I hit the edit button on an object it no longer shows me description or prim count?

princessj Batriani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

princessj Batriani wrote:

When I hit the edit button on an object it no longer shows me description of the item or prim count for it. It always worked before.

Additionally, when I go to edit my cross bars are diagonal now not straight right and left and front to back? What would cause that to happen?

Hi Princess!  Sometimes this happens to me when I am not close enough to the object I am editing.

Peace!

When you click to edit, make sure you are looking at the first tab in the edit box (there are several tabs available).

Sometimes when an object is sitting at an angle, the edit crossbars will also show at an angle. Sometimes this is even because the room itself is built on a diagonal. It makes moving furniture around very...interesting.

Check that your select distance is not limited  - On Phoenix that is in Advanced menu.

As for the direction of your crossbars, check which ruler setting you have showing it should say "World". If it is set to "Local" or "Reference" it means they will be showing at angles relative to something other than the grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.