AUCTION CHANGE ***LINDENS READ****

FailedScience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Or am I just going to sit on 250,000L$ till the person who bought the land decides to sell it 5 years from now?

You could use those lindens to bid on a different parcel, or to buy a parcel from someone who is selling a parcel directly.  It seems to me that you have some unusual practices about how you choose and buy land that are outside the normal range, and that is the reason that this change appears to affect you so much.   

For me, this change won't be a problem, and it makes a lot of sense to me for the money to be held in escrow until the auction is lost or completed.  I was surprised that this wasn't already a requirement for bidding.    

I also don't see this as benefitting large landowners.  In fact, this may make more parcels available to others.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

But do i get my USD back if I have no use for the L$ now that the auction has ended?

You can sell your L$ for US at any time.

3 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Or am I just going to sit on 250,000L$ till the person who bought the land decides to sell it 5 years from now?

No .. if you really want a parcel then you are going to have to big higher and win. 

Stop throwing HUGE NUMBERS around and then acting like you're cheap and only interested in opportunistic low bid wins.

2 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Quiet those with complaints so your company can rob and plunder, thats always a good business plan... Thats how they wind up in court... Don't like bad reviews, dont give people a reason to give you bad reviews. You can't make everyone happy.

Obviously everyone who disagrees with you is secretly on the Linden payroll.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

You could use those lindens to bid on a different parcel, or to buy a parcel from someone who is selling a parcel directly.  It seems to me that you have some unusual practices about how you choose and buy land that are outside the normal range, and that is the reason that this change appears to affect you so much.   

For me, this change won't be a problem, and it makes a lot of sense to me for the money to be held in escrow until the auction is lost or completed.  I was surprised that this wasn't already a requirement for bidding.    

I also don't see this as benefitting large landowners.  In fact, this may make more parcels available to others.  

I bid on specific plots that I want. and wait for them to come on sale.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

Exactly,  and while they have the means and capitol to win everything, they operate to make a profit. They will genuinely have a max L$/sqm that they are prepared to pay for a parcel and wont go over for emotional reasons. Residents on the other hand will almost always have an emotional reason if there if a parcel they really want, their max will be above the bulk owner profitability ceiling and potentially below it's resale price as their bids do not have to factor in covering holding costs & ROI.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i must do something wrong... my money always moves in the other direction...

You guys said they were going to ban me for posting a negative comment. That would be quieting the things they dont like. I never said anyone was on payroll.

are you guys all dumb? is that what the forums have become since i left them in 07?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

You guys said they were going to ban me for posting a negative comment.

3 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Its like you half read these posts and interpret them how you see fit. Ludacris.

like you did.. nobody said you would get banned for negative comment, I SAID you are in risk to get banned for that very rude comment

36 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

So s**** the auctions, and sc***** the**** yet again another unsatisfied customer of 13 years. Good job guys.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

like you did.. nobody said you would get banned for negative comment, I SAID you are in risk to get banned for that very rude comment

Im an adult in america with my freedom of speach. Sorry i choose to use it?

Its quite all right, I get it LL doesnt need or want my money. Thats just fine. It'll be nice when all the land barons stop dumping funds too because of this change. Good way to loose money, lower the land prices and make it more difficult to get land.... Kinda a catch 22. They should probablly get some thinkers on their team.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Nothing will change for me either.  I never bid on anything unless I already had the lindens in my account.   Cause it just makes sense to do that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Thanks for those suggestions, Qie!  We are still in the process of tweaking the new system and already have some tweaks planned (including a few of yours) coming soon.  We'll toss around your suggestions and see if we can make any of them stick. 

In the meantime, feel free to hit me up with any other tweaks you might feel would make the process better.  I'm sure once we roll out the resident to resident system there will be more tweaks as everyone gets used to that.  The joys of building a new tools! 

Thanks again!

If you want a suggestion Keira. The option to order by size, cheapest first, most expensive first etc etc would be a good idea instead of everything just thrown together randomly like it is at the moment

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FailedScience said:

But do i get my USD back if I have no use for the L$ now that the auction has ended?

Except, it sounds like you "play" the auctions a lot, which would imply that you bid pretty darn regularly.  So if you don't get plot A, it doesn't really sound like your L$ are going to sit idle for too long as in no time at all you'll likely be placing another bet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FailedScience said:

or give to the second highest bidder

This could be bad for the second highest bidder.  Say I'm bidding on plot-C and I get out bid.  I think about it and decide that I'm not willing to go higher.  I then go and find plot-Z in the auction list and I like it so I place a bid on that.  Now the action on plot-C ends and the winning douche-bag doesn't have the L$ and his payment method fails.  Thus, with your suggestion LL would automatically make me the winner.   However, I no longer want plot-C because I am currently the highest bidder on plot-Z and I cannot retract my bid and I most definitely do not want 2 plots in 2 different areas, nor the increased tier associated with that (because I am NOT playing the auctions to sell whatever I win).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.