AUCTION CHANGE ***LINDENS READ****

FailedScience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SO lets start with the fact that you are now required to have money before placing an auction bid. For some of us who played the auctions daily we used the same money to pay for plots or would buy the money as needed. THIS IS NOW A FORCED BUY it is not an OK change by any means. It now limits me to bidding on one parcel a week. Rather then trying to win multiple parcels and buying funds as needed. This is going to be a detriment to the way the auctions worked and you will see a lot of people moving away from it. You raised the amount it costs to buy L$ so now not only are we forced to buy money we may not even use but we are also forced to pay more for it. Its a complete scam. A sham, and as a resident from 2005 I am absolutely sadend by the fact that the lindens dont seem to care and only want more money. Sadly. Most of us who played auctions didnt need 100k to bid on two plots all the time, I would use 50k and if I needed to buy more L$ at the end of auction if I won more then one plot. This is absolutely absurd and rude of them to do. #BOYCOTT THE AUCTIONS #AUCTIONSAREDEAD #WAYTOCHEAPYOURCUSTOMERS #UNHAPPYPAYINGCUSTOMER #WHY DO I PAY TO GET ROBBED

Edited by FailedScience
More to add.
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Paragraphs are your friend.
  • It is absolutely an okay change.
  • You raise your voice in rant rather than make your case.
  • Cest la Vie.

/me breaks out micro-violin and begins playing "Entitlement Boo-Hoo for the Snowflakes".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

It actually isnt okay, it leads to auctions being one sided for land barons who already own most of the grid. Leaving us smaller ones to rot and die away. Its totally going to shift the market one sided. I cannot afford to spend 300USD for a plot that I may or may not win and then get stuck with the money because LL forces us to buy L$ before bidding on an auction. They should have rather set up a relisting system for people who cant pay within a set amount of time. Its absolutely ludicrous to expect people to pay 300USD just to get into an auction, and then if someone bids higher they expect us to buy more money to get stuck with. Its one sided biased nonsense and is absolutely absurd. The changes to the page are nice. The way auctions work now are not.

• Haha 2

Side note: Im on the internet you can read and decypher what im typing can you not? SO Punctuation does not matter.  /me breaks out my mini violin and begins playing "You're clearly an idiot"

My case is clear. My case is valid. This change is unacceptable. This change is one sided biased lindens choosing existing land barons over new residents and those who casually play auctions. It's unfair, unjust, and forced. Absolutely pathetic business move.

• Haha 3

A new player isnt going to pay 300US to just maybe get a parcel, and get stuck with a useless amount of money in hopes of getting a piece of land. The order of operations is all backwards and wrong. There should be a span, where it would either a.) go back into rotation, or b.) go to the second highest bidder.

Edited by FailedScience
  • Haha 2

I can't imagine many bidders will be inconvenienced by this change, and most of those will readily adapt to the somewhat different way of doing business.

Some apparently won't, presumably finding some pastime other than auctions, and maybe that will change the market somewhat, but I think much less significantly than resident-to-resident auctions, coming Real Soon Now. I don't know what that will do to the land market, but it will be fun to watch -- and as a landowner, a welcome alternative to abandoning parcels for quick tier relief.

• Like 2

Well, I for one, am SHOCKED.   SHOCKED, I say.

It never even dawned on me that you could actually bid on something without already having the money "sitting in your wallet", so to speak.

8 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

A new player isnt going to pay 300US

A new player isn't going to pay 300 US$ (for any land) PERIOD

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A new player isn't going to pay 300 US$ (for any land) PERIOD

A new player will be deterred from buying any land now, if they have to fight people with endless amounts of L$ at their disposal for a 512sqm. Its an absurd way to go about this change. I thought the point was to attract more people not create more deterrents.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

A new player will be deterred from buying any land now

a new player that buys land in auctions is often at the wrong place anyway, the free market has better deals for a starter.

Auctions are no game, can't play it with a empty wallet. It's totally normal you have to proof you can pay for your bids. If your afterward payment fails you'r in trouble.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

a new player that buys land in auctions is often at the wrong place anyway, the free market has better deals for a starter.

Auctions are no game, can't play it with a empty wallet. It's totally normal you have to proof you can pay for your bids. If your afterward payment fails you'r in trouble.

You should be able to play and not buy 500US of money to play more then one auction i think your missing the point. If i buy 500US in L$ and get stuck with it im going to expect a refund because I no longer need that money for the sought after plot of land.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

and a refund in full with processing fees included since they also decided to jack that up at the same time they decided to force u to buy L$ prior to entering the auction... just because funds arent in my wallet in SL doesnt mean they arent in my wallet in RL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i just finished reading the new pages... didn't find any rule that requires to buy L$ for a value of 500 dollars...

Someone clearly doesn't play auctions some plots go for that much. In order to get in the ring just to  even try and get it you have to purchase a wasteful amount of money.... Clearly your missing the argument entirely.

• Haha 1

This leads to a one sided buying market that consists of people who are already dominating the market and leaves no room for new people to get into the market, leaves no room for people starting to win a simple small plot. Too much risk, not enough reward. Unless they are going to refund the money if I loose. Thats the only way that would make sense with this new system.

• Haha 1

Someone clearly doesn't play auctions

no because it's not playing

why do I need 98,000L$ to bid on it.

thought you were refering to new residents and 512 plots.. but seems more you'r one of the wannabee landflippers and can't go with the real boys

41 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

A new player isnt going to pay 300US

i don't get it why you refer to new players.. you'r clearly not one. and btw.. new players only can buy for a value of 30 usd ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Soon it will be possible for you to create auctions to sell mainland parcels you own (the parcel must be owned individually, not by a group)."

Makes sense to me that if people are going to be able to auction their own parcels then bidders should have the money ready or that is going to bring a whole level of griefing when people just bid up land with no intention of buying.  Not to mention the 1000s of support tickets and ARs that will come from it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no because it's not playing

thought you were refering to new residents and 512 plots.. but seems more you'r one of the wannabee landflippers and can't go with the real boys

i don't get it why you refer to new players.. you'r clearly not one. and btw.. new players only can buy for a value of 30 usd ..

A city plot a (512sqm) Baycity, Horizon, any of those places go for upwards of 100kL$ if a new player was really into this game and wanted to get one they would be dettered.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FailedScience said:

Someone clearly doesn't play auctions some plots go for that much. In order to get in the ring just to  even try and get it you have to purchase a wasteful amount of money.... Clearly your missing the argument entirely.

I Fail to see the Science behind your argument.

• Like 1

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

"Soon it will be possible for you to create auctions to sell mainland parcels you own (the parcel must be owned individually, not by a group)."

Makes sense to me that if people are going to be able to auction their own parcels then bidders should have the money ready or that is going to bring a whole level of griefing when people just bid up land with no intention of buying.  Not to mention the 1000s of support tickets and ARs that will come from it.

So make a relisting system, or make it go to the second highest bidder, not forcing people to buy L$ for no reason if they loose. I personally shop for land only on the Sharp continent and bid often. I don't need thousands of lindens sitting around being unused for no reason for years.

• Haha 1

LAND BARONS WITH DISPOSABLE INCOME WILL NOW BE THE ONLYONES CAPABLE OF WINNING IN AUCTIONS. IS THE POINT OF THE ARGUMENT YOU PUTZES. Like seriously how do you not understand what the argument is here. Its going to be biased and lopsided towards dominators of the market, literally making them the only ones able to control the market raising prices for everyone, and making land unaffordable for new users.

• Haha 1

How do you guys fail to see this argument, there also needs to be a price limit on land sales if they are going to do this. They are skipping all sorts of steps and letting the land lead to those who already dominate the market not allowing for new users, or sellers to purchase, retail or be rid of land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.