Does Singularity Viewer Not Have Bento?

dancingdelilah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello-

I just installed Singularity Viewer & immediately noticed my Bento hands were a big blob of messy huh?? And my Bento AO doesn't work at all. I'm back to walking like a noob.

I normally use Firestorm but beings my computer is a tad old (and I desperately need a new one) Firestorm tends to be laggy & takes forever to load textures etc. I heard Singularity was a bit easier on older computers.

I noticed on the Singularity download site the was an Alpha ("nightly") Builds ( Now With Bento) to download. So do I download that? Hopefully someone who uses Singularity as well as Benton can help me with out with this.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

No, the official release hasn't - get the unstable release instead (the one you found).

Do you mean no don't download the Singularity and just continue using Firestorm? Or no....don't download the Alpha ("nightly") Builds (Now With Bento) and just continue using Singularity even tho my Bento body parts are distorted & my Bento AO doesn't work?

Thanks~

1 hour ago, dancingdelilah said:

I just installed Singularity Viewer & immediately noticed my Bento hands were a big blob of messy huh

Dr. Singularity's FrankenViewer, the badly reanimated rotting cprpse of Viewer 1, comes in TWO flavours.

32 Bit Official Release FrankenViewer, no Bento, frankly, if your PC is old enough to NE$ED to install this, then there are better options available, that were designed THIS decade.

64 Bit Alpha Release FrankenViewer, this has Bento, but, if you can install and run a 64 bit viewer on your PC, then you don't NEED FrankenViewer, and there are better options, that were designed THIS decade.

Try Catznip...

Comes in 32 Bit for Old PC's that choke on Firestorm AND in 64 bit for modern whizzy PC's.

• Haha 1

I see the most current Alpha ("Nightly") Build of Singularity is 3 months old already. And yes, the Alpha builds do have Bento, have had for quite a while now.

However, I suggest that if you so prefer the V1.x Look&Feel and rather want a viewer that's maintained and updated more regularly, do try the Cool VL Viewer. That viewer is updated weekly to bi-weekly, and although not listed on the TPV list, it's fully TPV-compliant.

@Klytyna : I actually rarely use any viewer that has the cluttered UI of the official LL Viewer. I strongly prefer using Firestorm in "Phoenix Mode", the Cool VL Viewer - or the most current Alpha build of Singularity. And I do wish that more TPVs offered the V1.x Look&Feel, which I find way more intuitive than the UI of the official viewer.

Edited by ThorinII
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dancingdelilah said:

Hello-

I just installed Singularity Viewer & immediately noticed my Bento hands were a big blob of messy huh?? And my Bento AO doesn't work at all. I'm back to walking like a noob.

I normally use Firestorm but beings my computer is a tad old (and I desperately need a new one) Firestorm tends to be laggy & takes forever to load textures etc. I heard Singularity was a bit easier on older computers.

I noticed on the Singularity download site the was an Alpha ("nightly") Builds ( Now With Bento) to download. So do I download that? Hopefully someone who uses Singularity as well as Benton can help me with out with this.

Thanks!

See below.

14 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Dr. Singularity's FrankenViewer, the badly reanimated rotting cprpse of Viewer 1, comes in TWO flavours.

32 Bit Official Release FrankenViewer, no Bento, frankly, if your PC is old enough to NE$ED to install this, then there are better options available, that were designed THIS decade.

64 Bit Alpha Release FrankenViewer, this has Bento, but, if you can install and run a 64 bit viewer on your PC, then you don't NEED FrankenViewer, and there are better options, that were designed THIS decade.

Try Catznip...

Comes in 32 Bit for Old PC's that choke on Firestorm AND in 64 bit for modern whizzy PC's.

See above.

I recently switched to Catznip from Firestorm myself and I am so loving it: everything is rezzing twice as fast, the indicator light of CPU load isn't giving the colors Firestorm did, and the extra features it does have are ten times more useful to me (and most users, I imagine) than most of the Firestorm features (because they actually make *using SL* easier.). That's MY OWN impression of Catznip compared to Firestorm.

I've looked ar Singularity, but I get the impression development has been abandoned (though I could be wrong about that).

Edited by Alyona Su

• 4 years later...
On 7/10/2018 at 5:45 PM, dancingdelilah said:

Hello-

Thanks!

You need singularity nightly, that fixes Bento.  I don't know why they came up with both versions. But yes, we are using Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.9 (8419) Feb 14 2021 17:01:24 (Singularity Beta)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Anne Zapedzki said:

You need singularity nightly, that fixes Bento.  I don't know why they came up with both versions. But yes, we are using Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.9 (8419) Feb 14 2021 17:01:24 (Singularity Beta)

Forget Singularity in any form. You're better off using Cool VL Viewer if you still desire to experience SL with a V1 style HUD/interface.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.