Dreamerra

How High Are Your Standards, Actually?

Basically my SL standards are not as high as my RL standards, but they are still high.

I don't seek a partner, because I don't want any SL commitment but I do like having fun, whether that's in the Malls, in clubs or just chilling out.

I love dancing..............................................just love it.:x

A few of my conversations have lasted almost since I joined, and I do have a couple of very close girl friends.

Avi sex? Tried it but nowhere near as much fun as any of the above.................and afterwards I regretted it............a step too far too soon!!  Very much like RL in fact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EleanorsRigby said:

I have very high standards but am also comfortable alone so I am fine with having those standards. Some things I am very rigid with, I identify on the asexual spectrum so I need anyone even considering me as a partner to know that, understand that, and accept it. I find that a lot of relationships in SL are sex driven, not all of them, but a lot of them are, so for me to have the avi that I do and show the skin that I do, people think that I must not be on that Ace spectrum and instead are playing hard to get. The thing is, my sexuality and lack of interest in pixel sex, is not a moral thing, if people want to enjoy their sexuality in any manner of ways I am fully supportive, if I want to walk about showing more than 75% of my skin, I will, because I like what I like, that doesn't mean I want some rando kissing on me in a club when I am just trying to enjoy music and am kind enough to carry on a conversation.

So I find it difficult to find a partner in SL that understands and accepts me for who I am, but that is okay because there is always shopping and the narcissistic self portraits of myself to occupy my time.

I absolutely love this reply. I feel the same way about SL relationships. It's very hard to find someone who isn't all about the sex in a SL relationship in my own personal experience. I am so glad you enjoy your own company. I enjoy mine as well :) lol ...

• Like 1

I'm quite laid back. Sure, I have had my moments but nothing that wasn't easily worked through.

The only thing (besides that RL comes 1st) is that I am not lied to. Do not lead me on; do not make me think that you still love me when in fact you don't. Do not leave clues and drop hints so that I am the one to break up so that you would not be the "bad guy."

To me, that is cowardice

And a complete waste of my time.

Posted (edited)

I just measured. The top of the shift lever on my Miata is 24" off the ground. The top of the shift lever in my Focus station wagon is 5.5" higher than that. If you are asking about the transmission itself you'll have to wait until I have time to crawl under the cars. I'll presume you want the measurement from the center of the driveshaft (Miata) or half shafts (Focus).

It's good you asked now while I have two, as I'm in the market for a replacement for the Focus and everything comes with an automatic. I've never owned one and don't know how to drive them.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 6

On 7/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I just measured. The top of the shift lever on my Miata is 24" off the ground. The top of the shift lever in my Focus station wagon is 5.5" higher than that. If you are asking about the transmission itself you'll have to wait until I have time to crawl under the cars. I'll presume you want the measurement from the center of the driveshaft (Miata) or half shafts (Focus).

It's good you asked now while I have two, as I'm in the market for a replacement for the Focus and everything comes with an automatic. I've never owned one and don't know how to drive them.

I have a CVT with fake shifting paddles, does that count for this discussion? Btw, I got a frisson imagining your shifter knobs, because dirty mind.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

fake shifting paddles

My husband has this. Even if his car does have a turbo engine, the mere fact of no real shifter makes it a pretend car.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My husband has this. Even if his car does have a turbo engine, the mere fact of no real shifter makes it a pretend car.  

I still get to play with knobs and paddles, got to count for something if one has a dirty mind!

• Haha 1

They’re lower than RL, but higher than average in SL. I’m ok with that.

They’re simple things like:

must be able to have a nonsexual conversation 

is a little interested in what I do

tells me about what they do

Accepts that my SL is not all about them

you’d think that was low expectations, because in RL it is.

In SL that’s asking a whole lot!

Edited by janetosilio

Look after each others happiness. Even if it's a struggle. Because you BOTH matter. Adapt with each other.

Neither controls the other. Two way street. No I won't stop doing things with others. Yes I will make the time and effort for you. I'll also do my best to make sure you don't neglect others just because I'm there either.

Don't abandon each other in the hardest of times. "I love you" is one thing. "I accept the worst of you" is MEANING it. Especially if someone is afraid of themselves and feels like they're not "good enough". I'm the kind of guy that will say "You're not the heartless person you think you are". I mean, if someone does THAT much for me, how can they be? Ok, maybe someone can be "heartless in general". I don't care about strangers that have yet to be here for me either. But if someone has been their for me to that degree then that's at least being loving and loyal to me, right?

Yea, I'm the kind of guy that will convince you that you're a loving and caring person even if you have your rough edges. I don't care what your standards are. If someone doesn't try to make you feel appreciated then it all goes out the window. We also often find what we don't seek and make the best of things. Not to be confused with settling.

Edited by Taramafor