Dreamerra

How High Are Your Standards, Actually?

Posted (edited)

How High Are Your Standards, Actually?

Maybe Yes-No  sorta of or minor or None.

Edited by Dreamerra

Extremely high, which is why I'm happy being alone until I meet the right person. 

• Like 1

Standards?!? Are those available on MP.... or only from inworld shops?   ?

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)

Never mind.

Tacky comment was not necessary nor as funny as I first thought.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

Posted (edited)

For the most part, they're all free to be as high as they wish, especially when they're in a bad mood..I prefer them high when they're crabby. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

My standards for what?

My thoughts exactly. :D

However, I suppose it's meant in regards of "Lifestyles and relationships". Here, I have pretty high standards, and I expect my partner(s) to live up to them.

I met some guy who had strange standards, like "i hate mesh avis, classic are the best, but need mesh hends and feet".People with too high standards in SL should get a life in rl, but they kinda expect that their friends will look-talk-behave like they want

Posted (edited)

I long long LONG time ago, my roommate and I were visiting a friend of ours and he asked if we had ever had real Purple Haze.  Why no, we had never had anything but plain old blotter.  Well, somehow or another I never heard him say "most people only take half."   About 45 minute later I'm thinking we either go home now or we ain't making it home.  It's just a 10 minute drive outside of town.  Once I got out to the car I knew is was already too late.

We were in my old bucket of bolts that did not have a working speedometer.  Out on the country road by myself with no other cars around.  Explosions of rainbows starting to cover the windshield.  Space and time were just esoteric concepts so I had no way of knowing how fast I was driving.  Maybe 20 mph?  Maybe 120 mph?  Eventually I got out to our apartments.  I had to cross a 4 lane divided highway and I would make it.

That's when the sign across the street went into multiple image mode like standing between mirrors.  It filled my whole vision.  Before crossing the highway I looked to the left, away from town.  It opened up into a giant void without gravity.  Fortunately I was not headed that way.  I looked right.  Blobs of light in all colors, sizes, shapes were moving in all directions and speeds in a chaotic orgy of motion on a pitch black canvas .  I had to look forward and hope for the best.  There was no way I was going to see a car in either direction.  I made it across on shear luck.  I had never been that high in my life.  I have never been that high since. I was so high I had lost touch with any part of reality.

That's how high my standards are.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Not my standard, but one of my friends just talks to me, when im able to pay 100% attention to our conversation and when my response time does not exceed 5-10 seconds.
Do i need to mention, we are not having a lot of conversations!?

1 hour ago, ThorinII said:

...] Here, I have pretty high standards, and I expect my partner(s) to live up to them.

53 minutes ago, SamMoon777 said:

I met some guy who had strange standards, like "i hate mesh avis, classic are the best, but need mesh hends and feet".People with too high standards in SL should get a life in rl, but they kinda expect that their friends will look-talk-behave like they want

Well, I don't care if my subs or partner wear mesh or just a system avatar. That's just superficial. Although I think even with a system avatar, one can at least try to look better than the starter avatars.

However, I do have a few standards I expect my subs and partner(s) to live by:

1. Real Life™ has absolute top priority to me, no matter what happens in-world. I expect everyone around me to accept that, and to live by that rule themselves.
  2. I dislike short message style abbreviations, so I expect my subs to communicate as good as they can. Mistakes can happen, and typos too - but I expect them to at least try to learn from their mistakes, just as I do my best to learn from my mistakes as well. And I expect them to be respectful at all times, no matter where they are.
  3. For my subs, I expect them to communicate the Likes/Dislikes/Limits they're aware of as concise as they can, because I'm not a psychic yet, and I don't want to hurt/abuse them emotionally. They're real humans with real feelings behind these avatars, after all .
  4. I'm not there to beat their boredom. If they're bored, they better do something in Real Life™ that entertains them without the need to be interactive.
  5. And lastly, I don't want them to be "door-mats" who accept everything without a thought. I expect my subs to use their brains; to offer feedback,  dialog, emoting.
  • Like 3

Mine are impossible high, and that's the way I like it. At least for a partner. 
For friends they're much lower - I'm a rather laid back person in regards to that. It's easy to be my friend, a bit harder to be my good friend, and you basicially need to be a god to be my partner. 

• Like 2

Standards when it comes to mesh v system -  Pah.  My partner of 9 years still has his original avi and skin.  I don't give a flying fig about that if he is happy.  I love him not his pixels. If he wants to change then I will be there to help.  Same goes for my friends and probably anyone I come across.  It's  your avi, I might admire an unusual or particularly well put together one but it has no bearing on my relationship with you.

Recently since I learnt how to use AVsitter properly, I have developed very high standards regarding furniture menu set ups.  I will honestly spend days and days making sure ours makes sense and works smoothly.  I notice other furniture and have driven myself nuts thinking how I could have made the menu better. Why have you just lumped in a load of animations that don't actually fit and left them with boring names like Sit 1.  I devour a thesaurus coming up with appropriate and more interesting animation names to the point where I am now slowly updating all our old stuff.  

Also text speak.  Don't even get me started on that.  If you replace you with U, our relationship is doomed unless its a customer service issue then I just bristle and continue to help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThorinII said:

I suppose it's meant in regards of "Lifestyles and relationships". 

Not nearly High enough.

• Haha 1

I guess they are high, because every person applying for the position of a partner would have to compete with my personal comfortzone, that I have cultivated over the years.

• Like 2

I've been on SL for 8 years and never had a relationship that lasted for more than two meetings.

Perhaps my standards are too high and I need to drop it a notch. Then again, I'm not looking for a relationship in SL as I enjoy the freedom, zero responsibility and easy come, easy go of my second life. Assuming we're talking about SL relationships, that is. 

As my old biology teacher once told me;  Fussy means less. Or none, in my case.

Some people are way too needy and I've never liked clingy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Dreamerra said:

Maybe Yes-No  sorta of or minor or None.

Higher than that.

Edited by Ren Toxx

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I long long LONG time ago, my roommate and I were visiting a friend of ours and he asked if we had ever had real Purple Haze.  Why no, we had never had anything but plain old blotter.  Well, somehow or another I never heard him say "most people only take half."   About 45 minute later I'm thinking we either go home now or we ain't making it home.  It's just a 10 minute drive outside of town.  Once I got out to the car I knew is was already too late.

We were in my old bucket of bolts that did not have a working speedometer.  Out on the country road by myself with no other cars around.  Explosions of rainbows starting to cover the windshield.  Space and time were just esoteric concepts so I had no way of knowing how fast I was driving.  Maybe 20 mph?  Maybe 120 mph?  Eventually I got out to our apartments.  I had to cross a 4 lane divided highway and I would make it.

That's when the sign across the street went into multiple image mode like standing between mirrors.  It filled my whole vision.  Before crossing the highway I looked to the left, away from town.  It opened up into a giant void without gravity.  Fortunately I was not headed that way.  I looked right.  Blobs of light in all colors, sizes, shapes were moving in all directions and speeds in a chaotic orgy of motion on a pitch black canvas .  I had to look forward and hope for the best.  There was no way I was going to see a car in either direction.  I made it across on shear luck.  I had never been that high in my life.  I have never been that high since. I was so high I had lost touch with any part of reality.

That's how high my standards are.

Hey. You're a pretty good writer.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Mine are impossible high, and that's the way I like it. At least for a partner. 
For friends they're much lower - I'm a rather laid back person in regards to that. It's easy to be my friend, a bit harder to be my good friend, and you basicially need to be a CAKE to be my partner. 

fify

• Haha 4

I have very high standards but am also comfortable alone so I am fine with having those standards. Some things I am very rigid with, I identify on the asexual spectrum so I need anyone even considering me as a partner to know that, understand that, and accept it. I find that a lot of relationships in SL are sex driven, not all of them, but a lot of them are, so for me to have the avi that I do and show the skin that I do, people think that I must not be on that Ace spectrum and instead are playing hard to get. The thing is, my sexuality and lack of interest in pixel sex, is not a moral thing, if people want to enjoy their sexuality in any manner of ways I am fully supportive, if I want to walk about showing more than 75% of my skin, I will, because I like what I like, that doesn't mean I want some rando kissing on me in a club when I am just trying to enjoy music and am kind enough to carry on a conversation.

So I find it difficult to find a partner in SL that understands and accepts me for who I am, but that is okay because there is always shopping and the narcissistic self portraits of myself to occupy my time.

• Like 5