The KFC Double Down is a Double LET-Down

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Waited so long for this to hit the UK, and then missed it when it did...

Well, now it's back over here and I've finally tried it. And instead of being the ambrosia of the gods I was expecting, it's more like an old fowl with scabies had a car-crash with a block of cheese.

To say I'm disappointed doesn't even  begin to...look, remember how you all got upset about SL last names going 6-7 years ago? Multiply that by 10 million and that's how gutted I am by the KFC Double Down. >:(

• Haha 1

I would sooner close General in general than worry about necroposting or people worriting about being notified because something something muted.

This a case in point. I wonder how much cheaper it would be to keep it to actual SL questions. Theres always groups in world if you want to just chatter =^^^=

If someone were to make a KFC double down avatar this would be an entirely acceptable topic on the forums. We could then discuss whether an avatar of two chicken breasts, cheese and bacon would be subject to a DMCA takedown if the avatar was not being sold in the SL marketplace and simply being used as performance art.

Edited by Bree Giffen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

KFC in America is nasty..I have no idea what KFC in the UK would be like..

I can fry up a couple chickens that will blow away KFC southern fried chicken, plus have drop biscuits and fixings done,well before my husband could make it to KFC and back with a bucket..

Farm fresh too..

I don't allow fast food in my house..The smell just gets into everything..

• Like 3

We got them in Canada a few years ago. I ate one and instantly felt sad deep down in my core. I never tried one again.

This year they came back as the waffle down. It’s basically chicken and waffles. Which sounds pretty good, but the wrongness of the double down keeps me from ever trying anything like that again at kfc.

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only thing good that every came out of KFC was their coleslaw recipe.

We have similar taste in coleslaw. Whenever I make burgers or something similar somebody has to stop by KFC and pick up a large side of coleslaw (about six servings?). When I go, I enjoy testing the staff. It's a two-part test. Asking "For here or 'to go'?" is an instant fail, but the ones who pass that (only about fifty percent, sadly) often still flunk out on part two: asking me if I need a spoon.

30 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

We have similar taste in coleslaw. Whenever I make burgers or something similar somebody has to stop by KFC and pick up a large side of coleslaw (about six servings?). 

https://topsecretrecipes.com/kfc-cole-slaw-copycat-recipe.html

The recipe really does work.  My husband makes it in 1-2 gallon quantities at a time -- he likes it even more than I do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Conifer Dada said:

At least there's less to read on this thread's original post than on that one the other day where some guy's SL wedding went disastrously wrong. xD

Was that because they ordered a double down instead of a wedding cake?

I've NEVER understood the appeal of franchised fast food & takeaways...

Take away food, yeah, useful, especially for shift workers who don't want to find a shop that doesn't have a 200% "middle of the night" surcharge when they finish work, or who can't be bothered cooking  in the middle of the night.

But...

Take pizza...

1/4 mile from my apartment, there are several pizza places in a row. If I want a pepperoni pizza, do I go to the Dumb-Ho's (tm) pizza franchise, and wait 20 mins in a line of gullible middle class students to pay £9 or more for a  piza with exactly 3 pieces of pepperoni, placed on each slice, by a service drone according to a photo stuck on the wall in front of them to show them what to do...

Or... do I walk around the corner, to an unbranded pizza place that's been there for more than 30 years, where the pizza costs £4.50, tastes better, and they just grab a generous HANDFUL of pepperoini and scatter it across the pizza, freestyle, and I can be walking out of the store with a fresh made pizza in less time than i'd stand in line at Dumb-Ho's (tm).

The idea of waiting impaitiently for Col. Mc Kings to release the Treble Woodchip Patty Lard-O-Matic special, in my country for a limited 4 week offer, just sounds insane, especially since they insist on putting gherkin on it, even if you ask them not to...

I'll stick to unfranchised non corporate takeaways, the foods better, cheaper, and it comes the way you want it.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 12:48 AM, Klytyna said:

I've NEVER understood the appeal of franchised fast food & takeaways...

"Can't be arsed'itis" and a recognised understanding of expected mediocrity.

The expectation of a known product can exceed the desire to search for quality for some.

I once had a boss who tried to stay in a Marriott everywhere he went. For him it meant that everything was the same, he could understand it! He couldn't understand why a taxi driver in Dubai wouldn't accept his US Dollars and we had to explain to him that no, the US Dollar is NOT the world's standard currency and it's really not accepted everywhere.

The power of delivering the same standard of medicroity is indeed a strong one, want another example?

Starbucks...to open in Milan.

37 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

BlahSchmucks...to open in ....

Drone: HimynameisMandywelcometoBlahSchmucksCanItakeyourorderplease?

Me: Black coffee 4 sugars, I just came off a night shift

Drone: Wedontsellblackcoffeeyouhavetopick from the menu... Doyouwanttotryour Crapa-Wapa-Frapa-Dapa-Papa-chino Fartte-Tartte-Smartte-Latte Half-Double-Decaf-Half-Treble-Decaf-Half-Semi-Decaf-With-A-Twist-Of-Lemon? WouldyouliketoGoLargewiththatandaddaweekoldstaleYank-Muffin?

Me: Give me a black coffee with 4 sugars or I will rip your face off the front of your skull, and then I will make you eat it...

Drone: WedontsellblackcoffeeyouhavetopickfromtheMenu...

*rip shred tear stuff*

Drone: Argh *choke*may face argh it hurts *cough* argh argh...

Drone 2: HimynameisChettcustmerservicedronehereatBlahSchmucksIsthereaproblem?

Me: No, I'm going to the unbranded greasy-spoon working-class cafe around the corner, where I can get a black coffee with 4 sugars AND a generously filled bacon sandwich on toast for less than half the cost of a cardboard cup filled with decaffeinated mud slurry served with a stale week-old Yank-Muffin...

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since I'm in the US, it would be the US gallons  :D

Isn't it kinda funny? The Nation to proudly refuse staying in the Empire now is among the last to adhere to the Imperial System...

• Haha 1

There is a difference.  One imperial gallon is equivalent to approximately 1.2 US gallons.

[ETA]
The real difference is when it come to a pint of beer.

A pint glass is a form of drinkware made to hold either a British ("imperial") pint of 20 imperial fluid ounces (568 ml) or an American pint of 16 US fluid ounces (473 ml). These glasses are typically used to serve beer, and also often for cider.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.