11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Not the sim owner as much as the afk-adult that gets griefed. When the Lab burn an account with fire for this AR category every alt they know of is erased. In Zeta's case we know the AR was against her male AFK alt, so she was caught up in his AR.

However region/club owners can be banned if they "facilitate" and that's in the TOS/CS/Asscoiated Wikis.

It should be noted that Zeta isn't banned currently.

The rules regarding child avatars are all very well, but what exactly constitutes a child avatar, besides an obvious 3'6" Toddleedoo?

Any avatar below an arbitrary height of perhaps 5'0" (152cm) tall?

So, if a 5'2" avatar is sucking on a binky, does that equal minus an inch, or more? .. Maybe bobby socks are minus another inch.

SL is awash with moral police with their own arbitrary beliefs and personal opinions. I was referred to as a 'six year old girl' a few days ago. It gets ridiculous. My avatar is 5'7" tall and was wearing regular daytime clothes.

Until it is understood -without question- what constitutes a child avatar, then this discussion is meaningless.

• Like 5

Nude child avatars might be allowed but they are a recipe for drama and desaster... if you allow them be sure to have trusted staff around 24/7 in your place.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Klytyna said:

As a Randian Cultist, "Fair" shouldn't be in your vocabulary... No it's not fair.

Actually one of the cornerstones of her beliefs is in the fair, voluntary, mutually satisfactory exchange between individuals.

That may even include price "gouging" during scarcity, but if you are willing to pay the price, it's fair.

It's only when the government starts to intrude in the everyday lives of its citizens that things become unfair.

They have a vested interest in creating and perpetuating unfairness because receiving campaign contributions, and buying votes is what it's all about.

And no it's not fair to be permabanned for being set up and ARed by a throwaway child avi, but you know what?

Once you have lost everything, you have nothing left to lose. So, there's no disincentive to creating a new account and starting over. 

Under such circumstances, it would be crazy to spend any money, so LL is really the one that would lose. 

They lose the premium payment of $72 a year,  monthly tier of $35, and the $20 a month spent on buying Lindens.

Edited by Phorumities
added a word

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Nude child avatars might be allowed but they are a recipe for drama and desaster... if you allow them be sure to have trusted staff around 24/7 in your place.

Ok, so you don't allow nude child avatars. You would still would need staff 24/7 to make sure none showed up.

In theory everyone that has any adult items on their property would have to be 24/7 vigilant against child avatars dressed or nude.

The alternative is to lock the property down when you are not there.

• Like 1

I was shocked & deeply distressed when I learned that there are nude family beaches in SL that cater to adults who enjoy looking at children who are either naked or wearing risque/provocative clothing. I personally don't feel like child avatars should be allowed to be naked around adults or vice versa. I have heard all the arguments before but it doesn't make any sense why someone using a child avatar would want to frequent such places.

• Like 1

It has to be said that only a small portion of the child avatar community frequent such places, the vast majority stay on G rated land, full dressed and are equally disgusted by places & people that skirt the rules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Evie Sunflower said:

I was shocked & deeply distressed when I learned that there are nude family beaches in SL that cater to adults who enjoy looking at children who are either naked or wearing risque/provocative clothing. I personally don't feel like child avatars should be allowed to be naked around adults or vice versa. I have heard all the arguments before but it doesn't make any sense why someone using a child avatar would want to frequent such places.

They frequent such place because, like as not, they are looking for sexual encounters with adults, and vice versa.

Now i'm gonna be told how dare you, keep your filthy opinions to yourself, i'm nude around my child all the time, and we never get into anything like that blah blah blah

Yes, ok, sure, good for you.

once i saw one guy profile and LMs for Pedo sims.But was no way to enter (premium).so,,,,...it s what you want naked child avi?

P.S reports on this guy and these sims seem not worked(

Edited by SamMoon777
  • Confused 1

Now to twist the topic a bit how about all those Lolita "barely legal" strip and s e x clubs? They make it quite clear that no one under 18 is allowed, but half the girls look 13 and dress like they are 6.

Just now, Phorumities said:

Now to twist the topic a bit how about all those Lolita "barely legal" strip and s e x clubs? They make it quite clear that no one under 18 is allowed, but half the girls look 13 and dress like they are 6.

Don't rant about them - AR them ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

Don't rant about them - AR them ;)

I'm not ranting, and I never AR unless something is a direct attack on me.

I'm not here to police other people's activities.

You should AR that stuff in self defense - being there seeing it and not ARing could be interpreted as in you are enjoying watching it... another reason why the "KILL IT WITH FIRE" approach is shared by many outside the Lab as well ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

You should AR that stuff in self defense - being there seeing it and not ARing could be interpreted as in you are enjoying watching it... another reason why the "KILL IT WITH FIRE" approach is shared by many outside the Lab as well ;)

No it could mean i was so disgusted that I couldn't bear to stay long enough to do the AR. 

Besides, taking a screenshot means the offending image is on YOUR computer, thats far more damning than merely being there for a few seconds.

Kids can be amusing too though. I was at a shopping event once and someone's brat was running along the countertops.

I said to my partner, look at that kid, where is its mother?

At that point the mother started hurling a string of obscenities at me.

I thought wow, trailer trash in SL, now we do have it all.

• Haha 5

On 7/11/2018 at 1:13 PM, Callum Meriman said:

No, she's not. ;)

A bit late response, been a bit less active past time on the forums :

In my case I was perma banned after someone reported my AFK alt for ***** while it was on my AFK sex sim. I still have no explanation what the details where. I contacted Linden Lab but got a big NOPE, bad luck, perma banned, still without explanation (it was a premade standard answer), even though I send a pretty convincing (I think) explanation, with a lot of details, and everything that it made no sense. After another try they said this issue was no longer open for communication.

After final case closed, I received the option to evaluate my "support ticket" and gave it quite a big negative. That probably got it flagged at a support supervisor, because the next day I got a message it was all undone, I was no longer banned, take care and good luck. Signed: Jane Doe - Support Supervisor.

So I think the act of being AFK and a child avie reporting you does not get you banned,  but over zealous LL administrators not  really looking into report tickets and just seeing: "Ohhh child pr0n report! BAN BAN BAN" are the danger in this. When I asked the supervisor if there was reason to stop the AFK sim, if it would endanger the acconts of those who leave their avie AFK there, she answered me there was no need to quit it.

Edited by Zeta Vandyke

16 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

A bit late response, been a bit less active past time on the forums :

In my case I was perma banned after someone reported my AFK alt for ***** while it was on my AFK sex sim. I still have no explanation what the details where. I contacted Linden Lab but got a big NOPE, bad luck, perma banned, still without explanation (it was a premade standard answer), even though I send a pretty convincing (I think) explanation, with a lot of details, and everything that it made no sense. After another try they said this issue was no longer open for communication.

After final case closed, I received the option to evaluate my "support ticket" and gave it quite a big negative. That probably got it flagged at a support supervisor, because the next day I got a message it was all undone, I was no longer banned, take care and good luck. Signed: Jane Doe - Support Supervisor.

So I think the act of being AFK and a child avie reporting you does not get you banned,  but over zealous LL administrators not  really looking into report tickets and just seeing: "Ohhh child pr0n report! BAN BAN BAN" are the danger in this. When I asked the supervisor if there was reason to stop the AFK sim, if it would endanger the acconts of those who leave their avie AFK there, she answered me there was no need to quit it.

I guess you have a good point, never go afk on a sex bed in case some kid hops on then uses another alt to  report you.

Heck it could have even been a rival operator trying to eliminate a competitors afk place, and you were just collateral damage.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, Candice LittleBoots said:

The rules regarding child avatars are all very well, but what exactly constitutes a child avatar, besides an obvious 3'6" Toddleedoo?

Any avatar below an arbitrary height of perhaps 5'0" (152cm) tall?

So, if a 5'2" avatar is sucking on a binky, does that equal minus an inch, or more? .. Maybe bobby socks are minus another inch.

SL is awash with moral police with their own arbitrary beliefs and personal opinions. I was referred to as a 'six year old girl' a few days ago. It gets ridiculous. My avatar is 5'7" tall and was wearing regular daytime clothes.

Until it is understood -without question- what constitutes a child avatar, then this discussion is meaningless.

Thank you.

If I could like this post a thousand more times and have in pinned, I would.