How to fix this?

FourNTwenty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So lately I have been experiencing some weird issues regarding mesh bodies being worn by other people. It's typically the female mesh bodies. The issue looks like this...

https://gyazo.com/175ac3a3aaddd86b2495ff47418b0171

https://gyazo.com/6a536793dcfbeb1cad60dd13fc14b8dd

In the first image link, it shows random sections of the body alpha'd out, anyone wearing that same mesh body will also have the same effects. The second image shows where the part of the body really is, instead of being on the avatar. 

How do I fix this?

Be patient .. if you see avatar parts of clothing separate from the avatar then it's because the rigging hasn't downloaded yet.

Might be an idea to check your connection, make sure you dont have packet loss, use a hard cable connection rather than wifi .. or if you must use wifi, move the router .. etc etc

• Like 2

I agree with @CofeeDujour, my advice is: Try adjust your graphic settings to something more lighter. You can go into Preferences and try turning off shadows and shading, tweak the graphics setting, see if it's faster if you set the draw distance lower, also check in Preferences if your Network is config to WI-FI, clean the cache maybe helps too... 

If this is always a problem (as in everyone with that body has the same glitch and it never renders correctly) then it is possible it is corrupted in local cache.  Clear your cache and that should fix it.

If is is sporadic and clears up with a little time or after tp'ing out and back, clearing cache will do nothing but slow you down while the cache rebuilds itself.

I'm with Coffee. 

Your cache is stuff delivered by the HTTProtocol , which has error correction. So, it is very rare that anything in cache is ever corrupted.

However, the viewer gets confused and processes hang from time to time. Whether it was clearing the cache or relogging that did the trick is debatable without knowledge of what actually happened. If you decide it was the clear and you begin clearing cache (requiring a relog) to fix the problem, you'll get to experience an ongoing slow down with each clear. The annoying part is that to some extent it affects other users too.

Next time it happens, try logging in with a different brand of viewer. See if you have the same issue. If you are a Firestorm user login with the Linden viewer. Or vica-versa. FS and Linden viewer by default use different caches. It is HIGHLY unlikely both will corrupt the same file. So, if both show the same problem it is something both viewers have in common, the connection and SL servers.

If not, retry the original viewer (FS?). See if it still has the same problem. Ideally you log into a different region on this try. If the problem is gone, then it was likely a transient problem in the viewer. If it is still there, it may be an unlikely cache problem and clearing cache would be a reasonable step.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.