SL15B Gift Grab Gripe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just got around to unpacking the SL15B Crystal Jewelry Set from week 2 of the Gift Grab.  I tried on the choker, promptly found that it was too small, No Modify, and does NOT have a resize script in it (though all pieces do have scripts for changing the color of the crystal via a HUD).  I had to resize my neck down such that it looked stupidly narrow for my body - even after switching to the smallest of the bodies shapes that I use.

Yes, I know that I shouldn't complain about freebies, but COME ON LL - No Modify without a resize script?  REALLY?

ETA - SL oddities again. After unpacking the package 2 more times, I finally got a version of the jewelry set that I could modify.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The colour changing scripts make it "no mod". Rez it and resize it - pick up the resized version ;).

Well that should make getting a proper fit interesting.

57 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

image.png.c828381a12ecbbb68d878725733560c8.png

Hmm, that's the necklace, which I didn't try to change. 

My choker would not let me resize it.  Maybe it was a fluke or something.  I'll unpack a new copy this evening when I get inworld.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My choker would not let me resize it.  Maybe it was a fluke or something.  I'll unpack a new copy this evening when I get inworld.

Choker can be resized using building tools also. Only the texture change script is no mod.   You can wear and resize as seen in photos. Best to use the pose stand for most folks. Old time jewelry maker here (long long ago). 

image.png.5a8bdd951f9ea56e83be00f569d5db9e.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

• Moles

Much of what the LDPW makes is for games like PaleoQuest, Horizons, etc. We have to be super vigilant not to give out or attach game items with perms that might allow someone to find an exploit and so we have erred on the side of caution. We've probably allowed that to taint our thinking a little when it comes to things like prizes and gifts. We've made a concerted effort with the SL15B gifts to apply perms that make better sense than we have in the past. If something can be modify and there is no pressing reason it can't or shouldn't be we are going to do so. I personally checked all the SL15B gifts myself. Unrigged wearables like the jewelry have no mod scripts in them, but you should be able to edit and resize them manually. And yes, I just used 'taint' in a sentence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Unrigged wearables like the jewelry have no mod scripts in them, but you should be able to edit and resize them manually.

Thanks.  I truly have no clue what was up with the first few copies that I rezzed - SL quirks, sim quirks, my own session quirks - who knows. I do now have copies of everything that is modifiable.

• Like 2

• Moles
10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Thanks.  I truly have no clue what was up with the first few copies that I rezzed - SL quirks, sim quirks, my own session quirks - who knows. I do now have copies of everything that is modifiable.

SL has been acting funny recently. I've had more than a few occasions in the last week when it would not let me edit objects, L$ balances were not showing, or I had to relog to get items to appear. That may have been part of it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

SL has been acting funny recently. I've had more than a few occasions in the last week when it would not let me edit objects, L$ balances were not showing, or I had to relog to get items to appear. That may have been part of it. 

So it's not only me. I had this missing L$ happen increasingly often during last month.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.