Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Caleb Linden

Deploy Plans for the week of 2018-07-09

Recommended Posts

Second Life Server (No Roll):

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/18#18.06.14.516450

 

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/18#18.07.03.517389

Scheduled Wednesday 2018-07-11 07:00-10:30 PDT

 

Second Life RC LeTigre:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/18#18.06.22.516968

Scheduled Wednesday 2018-07-1107:00-10:30 PDT

 

Second Life RC Magnum:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/18#18.07.03.517389

Scheduled Wednesday 2018-07-11 07:00-10:30 PDT

 

On Region Restarts:

Regions will be restarted if they have been running for more than 14 days on Tuesday (Main Channel) and Wednesday (RCs) regardless of whether or not new code is being deployed, for the general health and well being of the Simulators.  Nothing beats turning it off and then on again … once in a while.

As always, please plan events around these maintenance windows.  However, if you are hosting an event on Tuesday or Wednesday when we’re not deploying new code, you can restart your region ahead of time to avoid interruption.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Caleb Linden said:

Second Life Server (No Roll)

Kitty asks: But, but, but, restart yes? Last roll June 26th. Think of the kitties! mrow

cat tilt head.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Willow Wilder said:

Kitty asks: But, but, but, restart yes? Last roll June 26th. Think of the kitties! mrow

 

1 hour ago, Caleb Linden said:

Regions will be restarted if they have been running for more than 14 days on Tuesday (Main Channel) and Wednesday (RCs) regardless of whether or not new code is being deployed, for the general health and well being of the Simulators.  Nothing beats turning it off and then on again … once in a while.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what it says. I know what it says. Even the Kitten knows what it says. But does it say "Second Life Server (No Roll): Restarts only" or some such thing? The Grid Status doesn't reflect it as yet. Kitten is just asking. But if that's good enough for you, it's good enough for Kitten. But woe betide you if tomorrow comes and Kitten comes looking for you. ;-) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Willow Wilder said:

But woe betide you if tomorrow comes and Kitten comes looking for you. ;-) 

2 Kittens can go off Patch hunting

proxy.duckduckgo_com.jpg.38a7faa479b8e01e8afd53db0f805459.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three of the mainland regions I track restarts for restarted today. :-) Kitten is happy, and appreciates all the work the Ops team does. Kitten is exhausted as you might expect and will be unavailable for a time. ;-) 

 

 

kitten_sleeping_on_the_keyboard smaller.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I will ask at the Server User Group if I don't space it off:

  1. Is LeTigre really sticking with 516968 as listed here, or does it go with the other RCs to 517389 as in the release notes ?
  2. The Land Auctions have been out-of-stock for a few days. I know this happens sometimes (and it's summer) but another possible explanation comes to mind: Might Place Pages-based auctions be imminent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The Land Auctions have been out-of-stock for a few days. I know this happens sometimes (and it's summer) but another possible explanation comes to mind: Might Place Pages-based auctions be imminent?

Indeed, given the current grid status. This was also brought up as I recall at the Meet Oz and Grumpity event that it would be happening soon. Apologies I don't have a timestamp for you. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×