Constant Issue Group Call (voice)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else noticed or has issues with group calls using Firestorm? It seems no matter what group is tried when making a call a message appears stating an error has occurred.  Is this an issue with the viewer? Do people using SL viewer have this issue doing group voice? I know there has been issues recently with LL and Vioxx is there a limit as to how many can connect to the network because it seems to happen when "Inworld" population gets near the 45-50000 mark. Thanks and my the SL gods smile upon you favorably :D

• Administrators

Inquiring minds want to know, does it happen when you use our official viewer? If so, feel free to drop me your group name and while I can't promise an instant resolution, I can at least have my team take a look at it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Inquiring minds want to know, does it happen when you use our official viewer? If so, feel free to drop me your group name and while I can't promise an instant resolution, I can at least have my team take a look at it.

Hello Tommy. I appreciate your response. To answer your question no I have not tried the "official" viewer so I can not say if the issue happens there. Is there some reason why the 3rd party viewer would act differently with vivox ? I am using Vivox 4.6.0017.22050 I imagine that the "official" viewer uses the same. Does the number of groups effect its use? Again thanks for your response.

In response to Alwin I find that group voice chat is nice tool when in areas that do not allow voice so friends I am with we can chat instead of type ;)

Yes we be lazy..lol. and for some who find typing hurts or are not able to voice comes in handy.

8 minutes ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

I find that group voice chat

yes but group voice chat it something different than group call what's in the title.. groupcall is a random voicecall in a group to annoy everybody, a group chat is a chat with several friends.

This is a new bug that started recently.
It's independent of viewer - it repros on Firestorm & the LL viewer.  It also reproduces on very old viewer builds of both.

Certain groups have broken group voice chat for everyone in the group - independent of viewer or region.

There is a bug report filed here: BUG-216478 - Group Voice calls are not working for some groups

What are the names of the affected groups?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

If so, feel free to drop me your group name and while I can't promise an instant resolution, I can at least have my team take a look at it.

Hiya Tommy,  I believe all the known affected groups are noted on the MAINT-8801  internal JIRA.
As far as I'm aware it's suspected the problem is at the vivox end & vivox are investigating.

Greetings Whirly. Yes I do believe there is a bug going around groups. Interestingly enough the groups that effect me as to group call and those in those groups are groups that are NOT open to join. So I am not sure if "open" groups are effected since I have not tried making a open group call. What I did notice is that as I moved from one group to another because one would not group call the other groups also stopped working and giving the same error message. So maybe there is something corrupting the code or when one doesn't log out of a call in group the call "hangs" therefore not allowing it to be called again. The names of the groups effected so far for me are:

Persharena , House of Sedia, Wirefly House and Reepers Children MC

Thanks for your reply and I wish you all good luck on this one. I am sure with you and all the Lindens working along with vivox you'll have it solved in no time ;D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.