My male mesh body can't stay naked

Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning everyone!

My new male alt is doing fine so far, but I ran into a problem: I've chosen the Signature Geralt body, which in itself is quite nice to look at, but it seems that I've made it 100x more difficult for me to get any clothes for that body. Especially since I'm looking for more fantasy themed clothes. The clothes are either not for signature bodies _at all_ or if they have that logo listed somewhere, its for the other signature mesh body. So... have I dug my own grave with that body choice or has anyone suggestions where to go to?

Thanks for reading.

42 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Good morning everyone!

My new male alt is doing fine so far, but I ran into a problem: I've chosen the Signature Geralt body, which in itself is quite nice to look at, but it seems that I've made it 100x more difficult for me to get any clothes for that body. Especially since I'm looking for more fantasy themed clothes. The clothes are either not for signature bodies _at all_ or if they have that logo listed somewhere, its for the other signature mesh body. So... have I dug my own grave with that body choice or has anyone suggestions where to go to?

Thanks for reading.

there isn't a lot available for Geralt yet, but some creators have it in their collection. You make it more difficult with your theme .. phantasy is a bit niche market for most bodies, so for sure for relatively new ones.

My account with Geralt uses mostly the S sized items from the old standard sizes, he doesn't get a lot because my main account takes all money :) think he looks presentable in it. This only might give some issues when shirtless and you see some gaps.

I'm pretty sure you can get better advices from  @Skell Dagger

If you look for some "normal" clothes go have a look at the male events like TMD, MoM, Mancave, Manjail or even Fameshed, Sense ..and more... in the demo packs you mostly already can see if there's a Geralt size available  (check to be sure, as the signature logo is used for both bodies)

Some older, and typical followers/mass productions as mentioned in the other answer i really doubt they have a interesting Geralt collection. ( been ages ago i bought there, so can be wrong)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

We all prefer body specific fitmesh but for fantasy that is not entirely necessary (unless you want to build a Conanesque barbarian of course) put on some plate armour or wide wizard's robes and you're settled.

PS: A lot or armour is body specific for no apparent reason. I have both Signature and Kemono armours and all you really nead is a mesh head because the armour covers the rest, LOL

Edited by Fionalein

In my experience, most male clothes need the alpha cuts, maybe 18 of 20. While on my female bodies, there is maybe 1 of 20 where I need to use alpha cuts. Yes, some may have that built in auto-alpha function. I would not know.

So as said, if you cover the body, you only need the body to fit around the neck and wrists.

It is not so easy to drop the body totally, because some really popular skin designers don't sell system skin AT ALL. And there is almost always some of the body visible around the neck, unless the avatar uses a cowl, a mask or a turtle neck. If you had the system skin, it would not be a problem.

Sometimes the TMP clothes fits the Slink body really well. I haven't used Geralt on an alt, but when I look at the body, I think that you should demo some of Bellezas clothes on Geralt.

Thanks so far! To be a bit more specific, with 'fantasy' themed would not just mean the typical medival roleplay sim stuff, but the kind of clothing that wouldn't feel out of place at shopping events that feature a more "varied" style in clothing, not typical streetwear (I think a good example would be GB, who have a lot of that stuff as gacha sets, but its all for other bodies).

So maybe I should replace fantasy with "not so ordinary"?

Edited by Syo Emerald

The fun bit is that Signature has its very own event now, specifically tailored for the two bodies... and barely anyone except the inworld group seems to notice. ^_^
Just a mention on Seraphim, no gallery though...

Actually, the even funnier bit is that a few of the participating designers demonstrate that their rigging may match anything, but not the Signature bodies. You've got mismatching alpha cuts as in "these sleeves must end right here in the exact middle of that piece of alpha, so the wearer can happily choose whether he wants to have a couple of inches of skin missing or have the upper part poke through the garment" or "hey, how about creatively shaped cuts at the seams which will always show a glimpse of the direly needed alphaed out bits below".

Others found a profitable way of extra sales, simply by splitting their available riggings into different packs. "Get your Signature fix here, get the others at the mainstore and pay again!" ... surprised that this hasn't been tried too often on the female side. 

5 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Others found a profitable way of extra sales, simply by splitting their available riggings into different packs. "Get your Signature fix here, get the others at the mainstore and pay again!" ... surprised that this hasn't been tried too often on the female side. 

I can only imagine, that most female avatar users stick to one body, instead of activly buying clothes for several different ones and switch less. At least I hope thats the case...don't give them ideas xD

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Lets just say he currently lacks some...parts.

considering what guys tend  to want to be doing with their parts all the time, that might be a  good thing

39 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

considering what guys tend  to want to be doing with their parts all the time, that might be a  good thing

To his dismay, its not high on the shopping list. Eyes and a suit came first, shoes and tatoos are next.

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

To his dismay, its not high on the shopping list. Eyes and a suit came first, shoes and tatoos are next.

Sounds like the right priorities to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Agree.  You can do "that" just fine without any bits at all.

Especially if you have great eyes, a nice suit, sharp shoes, and killer tattoos

• Like 1

I've found it's worth-while to "Try all the demos \o/"

A lot of items have rigging that fits Geralt, you just need to be willing to try the Slink, Gianni, Adam, TMP versions... and throw a lot away.

And don't forget if you are going non-shirtless often you can deal with the hips poking through Gianni clothes.

I prodded PFC a while back about making stuff for Geralt, and they said they were going to consider it. They've been rigging their stuff for Gianni for some time now and specialize in Fantasy. I don't know if they've done so yet, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

I prodded PFC a while back about making stuff for Geralt, and they said they were going to consider it. They've been rigging their stuff for Gianni for some time now and specialize in Fantasy. I don't know if they've done so yet, though.

PFC does have at least one "leather thong" now for the Geralt. As there are no decent speedos yet it's what I use for swimming.

The Signature event had 2 speedo items, one had a boner so is innapropriate for normal use (please stop with the boners, clothes creators, seriously) the other looked like a huge pair of daipers.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Sad 1

I am using Signature Geralt and you're right. Because it is so new there isn't really much out there that's made for the body yet.

Most of the time, if you're wearing a shirt and pants together, there won't be much problem because you just alpha out whatever shows, however it gets harder when you're trying to wear pants or shorts without a shirt. Or really anything that shows a lot of skin.

Try out the options for other bodies; I often find that pants made for Belleza Jake fit best, though the tops are terrible. Tops for Slink bodies aren't too bad but the pants won't fit. Most everything rigged for standard sizes fits too far forward on the Geralt body, so it shows a gap at the front and needs all the alphas at the back. That's the biggest problem with it, IMO. 

It will come though; Signature Gianni is by far the most popular body for guys and I don't think it will be long before there's as much made for Geralt as there is for Gianni.

The Signature event has a couple more days to run this month, it will be repeated monthly with new stuff. I picked up a nice pair of shorts (Clef de Peau) and a really cheesy shirt (Hevo) this time. Just about everything had Geralt as well as Gianni versions.

180718_001_600.png.c83b6d773ee30fe5cdc112ca446c38c4.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.