Locking old dead threads feature request.

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I made a feature request ...

How would you like the feature to work?

I would like forum threads to auto lock after a set amount of time since the last reply .. say a year.

Why is this feature important to you? How would it benefit the community?

This will prevent long dead threads being resurrected. Especially as it tends to happen with support questions where a user with a problem will search for solution, find a similar discussion from 2015 (or much older) and then add their question to it, this causes confusion about the new problem and hinders attempts for residents to support each other.

Necro threads are never of value and only add clutter and distraction. A new thread is always preferable.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225024

Please keep the discussion here rather than on the JIRA <3 

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Apart from writing a programme to do it, which I very much doubt LL will do, it can only be done by LL if the Invision software already has the feature.

perhaps the mods get some more time to do this, i'm going to step down a bit  :)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Me too. I think that @Qie Niangao will step up though :)

If must be about time to switch to another forums platform because we're starting to get used to this one. So I promise to include a necropost-locker when I write the replacement -- in LSL of course.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

If must be about time to switch to another forums platform because we're starting to get used to this one. So I promise to include a necropost-locker when I write the replacement -- in LSL of course.

Ohh and someone will provide the Mostek's 4116 based computer for you to program the new platform xD1024px-Radio_Shack_Tandy_TRS-80_Model_I_

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Wow.. you derailed the thread on the first page. Well done.

Of course...

This is a "Necropost" thread, and derailing Necropost threads is an ancient and time honoured Tradition...

One that you want to do away with, you Tradition hating person you...

If you have your way, this may be the last Necropost thread ever, and thus the last one to be auto-derailed!

6 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

and one guy just necro's a dozen threads from 2011 with the same reply to every single one "interesting"

:S

Nine, and all seem to be based on wading through the posting history of a participant in all 9 threads, via their profile...

I can't decide if it's an actual idiot, or just a "prove a point" alt made by a "lock old threads" supporter...

Ho hum.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.