Dear content creators

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So running into an issue with certain content creators and yes I know I'm sounding picky, but this is how it is for me,  I goto the marketplace store you have setup, sweet, I see something I want,  most slink male and female fits without issue so while you lack demo's (you should always put demos up, if it fits and looks right, you get more people buying...) , but the problem has become this,  

Please grab the Free Demo, available at the main store in-world.

I'm in one place naked, trying on clothing and you would like me to visit a store in world, I have no interests visiting any stores, I'm not giving you that kind of traffic, I buy so much from so many many people,  so please stop this bad practice and please list the items with the demos instead of making me chase them down (imo, closing your main store and not removing the links to it or the url... bad)

Edited by bigmoe Whitfield

Yes I have seen that sometimes in MP as well, no demo there, have to go to the inworld main store for a demo.  Well, I have been in your situation nakies trying on demos,  and I agree it is annoying.  But I can sort of understand why some merchants do that.  You see, MP charges a percentage of the sale (other than 0 or 1L) on each purchase, so if someone buys an item from MP the seller gets less than if the same item was purchased in the main store inworld (unless the merchant marks the MP prices up to compensate, which I don't think many do).  So if the demo is only available at the main store perhaps the hope is that you will like the demo you will then purchase the item in the main store instead of MP.  

As a merchant myself, I do not do this, I have demos on MP as well as in the store.. Sure I would like to make the full profit from sales in my inworld store rather than give MP a percentage of my sales, but in reality,  MP is handy for a lot of folks so my demos are there, and if they make the purchase on MP, it is better than annoying folks just to get them into my store, for a demo or a purchase.  I would rather not annoy my customers lol.. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.