Unable to get to lands with "18+" checkbox in About Land

ShaelaThae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

That check box keeps out people who are under 18, according to the birth date they entered when they registered for Second Life.  If you are, in fact, 18 or older you should file a Support Case.  On your Dashboard page, go to Help/Support/Create Case, and use Account Issue as your issue type.

However, the exclusion may be for another reason.  Many Adult areas limit access to avatars who have accounts less than 30 days old, to cut down on the number of people who create new accounts just to cause trouble.  If that's the problem, a fairly short wait will solve it.  Meanwhile there are lots of other places to visit, and many of them are Adult.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

2 hours ago, ShaelaThae said:

This is a brand new problem, because It's only been happening the passed 2 months. I've been here since 2013.

are you sure it's about that box?... might be more the combination of settings, if people use the + 18 selection they mostly also tick the payment info requirement.. and thats something you do not have.

And just my opinion... it's a good thing if the 18+ ánd required payment info would be needed for real adult activities like you practice ( no judgement, i visit also sims totally unsuitable for kids). It's no guarantee minors keep out, but at least a additional check on the age of the user.

Well, I was pretty sure about that box? I checked the three places and they all 3 had the "18+" box ticked. I was looking into getting payment information on file, but I was told you have to buy lindens, and that's not something I wanted to do. I was trying to figure out a way to resolve this without buying lindens.

9 minutes ago, ShaelaThae said:

Well, I was pretty sure about that box? I checked the three places and they all 3 had the "18+" box ticked. I was looking into getting payment information on file, but I was told you have to buy lindens, and that's not something I wanted to do. I was trying to figure out a way to resolve this without buying lindens.

You can register a payment method (a major credit card, or a verified PayPal or Skrill account) without having to purchase $L.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ShaelaThae said:

Lindal already answered the question, the second part, "people telling you" .. it's only required to buy a little sum of L$ , just a few dollars worth, if you ever plan to pull money from SL to RL. The buy makes the clock ticking for your buy and sell limits to take off from 0 to higher levels. A month after your initial buy you can sell L$ you earned and transfer it to RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.