Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I don't have a clue what that means.......*scratches head *?

It means that the CI - Avatar Complexity Index?? (not sure what the I stands for) - of one of the mentioned heads apparently is roughly 48,000

The complexity value is supposedly a number that indicates how much of a load your entire avatar (all clothing and such) is having on the viewer - thus how much you are impacting other people when you come into their view.  It is a quite controversy measure, but we don't really have anything else to go by right now.  Anyway, most folks shoot for keeping the value under 100,000 and many try for keeping it under 50,000. Those numbers can be hard to hit if your head alone is eating up 48,000 of the value.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It means that the CI - Avatar Complexity Index?? (not sure what the I stands for) - of one of the mentioned heads apparently is roughly 48,000

The complexity value is supposedly a number that indicates how much of a load your entire avatar (all clothing and such) is having on the viewer - thus how much you are impacting other people when you come into their view.  It is a quite controversy measure, but we don't really have anything else to go by right now.  Anyway, most folks shoot for keeping the value under 100,000 and many try for keeping it under 50,000. Those numbers can be hard to hit if your head alone is eating up 48,000 of the value.

It's ARC (Avatar Rendering Cost) - default on all viewers is 350,000 (one more tick to the right on the slider is unlimited). Higher the score, the more lag that avie is creating for you.

My full body with the Genus and my most complicated outfit is about 53,000. HAIR is the largest variable of your ARC. Everyone can change the ARC slider in graphics settings on every viewer. I have a preset where I set that down to about 50 (for crowded events, etc - cuts lag down to almost nothing).  A naked system avatar (as though you create a brand new shape) comes in at about 12 to 14k if I remember correctly.

If your ARC score is above anyone's setting you become a "JellyDoll" - a big blob of green goo. Be careful as any attachment can send that score skyrocketing. Most heads are between 20k and 50k, the Genus is actually highly respectable.

In FS viewer you can turn on ARC score for everyone around you and another checkbox to always show your own score - it's the number that appears at the top of nametags. I think LL viewer also has this option, but not all viewers do (I use Catznip and it does not).

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

LittleMe and Alyona are right. The difference between ARC and ACI is time. ARC came first. When it was revised it became ACI and Jelly Dolls were based on the new algorithm.

The 'I' for index is because the number has no true meaning. It isn't like horsepower or watts or miles. It is a number calculated to give users a reference point. In general lower/smaller is better.

With all the different video cards the number is just an indicator. What may be easy for one card can be difficult for another. So, the number isn't a uniform indicator of difficulty across all cards. It just sort of works.

Next is ArcTan... as the servers and viewers have changed since ACI was implemented the algorithm for calculation of ACI needs to change. How the system uses resources has changed and new incentives are needed to get get designers to build better stuff for the current way SL works... better being things the computer can render faster, easier.

We see the new ACI/LI values with the coming Animesh, mesh things that can be animated. Those changes in ACI/LI calc for animesh are going to propagate to the grid and affect everything. But, the Lindens are collecting ACI/LI data and deciding if the algorithm should change in other ways. Whatever the change it will be a slow change. The Lindens are worried a poorly tested change could result in loads of stuff being returned from regions all over. It has happened before. The Lab is determined it won't happen again.

One of the basic ideas is to close loopholes that make poorly designed content cheaper to upload and have on one's land than well made content. For clothes and avatars the cost will likely change to put pressure on designers to stop making ridiculous LoD clothes and onion skin bodies & heads. The coming Bakes-On-Mesh is another step to improve content. But, a number us have our doubts about BoM.

I don't understand the science and math behind it all and I know different people's viewers will show different AC numbers for the same avi, but for me in FS a naked system avi is 1000.

The LAQ, Catwa and Lelutka bento heads I have range from 3k to 10k AC with the Genus head at 48k+

It looks great in pics, but that and not having the hud to demo or demo other skins on it is not worth it to me.

• Thanks 2

On 7/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, BelindaN said:

OK, me yet again.

So, I've had a few days to surf the forums, and I've been absorbing all the Avi images in the vanity threads..................

Oh wow........you girls are a really bad influence on me. I'm happy with my look, and even if I go mesh, I would like to try to keep the look, but some of these mesh faces are soooo gorgeous, that it's starting to pull at me.............

I can see that there will be lots of fun playing with "the look"...

I have the landmarks for CATWA and Esode, but you talk of others. Do the other sellers have in world malls? If so can somebody post the landmarks please.

Is it then as easy as bu a head eg CATWA, buy a skin eg Esode, and job done???

Nothing has been that easy so far..........:x

DO NOT buy a Mayreal head tust me 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

I don't understand the science and math behind it all and I know different people's viewers will show different AC numbers for the same avi, but for me in FS a naked system avi is 1000.

The LAQ, Catwa and Lelutka bento heads I have range from 3k to 10k AC with the Genus head at 48k+

It looks great in pics, but that and not having the hud to demo or demo other skins on it is not worth it to me.

That is one of the things they are working on before the full release..That's probably one of the big time consuming reasons for it not being fully released I'm guessing, besides the animations and any important bug feedback  that's getting reported..

I've used the LAQ and Lelutka,catwa and Logo and Genesis..I'm probably forgetting some..My complexity on avg when i go shopping or to a sim that has a lot of people or not that many people has been around the 70'k+ mark with this head..

I don't think I'm having too much of a problem rezzing for other people..

Since I've worn this Genus head..I haven't been able to go anywhere and people not hitting me up on IM's with compliments..

I used to be able to sneak around in the background and get into a store and out unnoticed or sit at the bar in a club and relax a bit before I would just go and dance by myself..

When I was at the beach last night I was mostly back where the waves would rez behind the rocks and was still getting IM's..

My complexity really hasn't changed that much..I check it before I go out and it's been higher at times with the other heads and the things I've been wearing as well as has been lower.. I try to keep it in that range and pull an item that jacks it up too much..

I'm not wearing as many huds as I had to with the others either.I don't know if that has anything to do with it..

I just know that people are talking to me out of the blue more than they have in a long  time..I had a good thing going there for awhile keeping under everyone's radar..hehehehe

I'm just glad that Complexity is one of their things on their list of things to do before it gets released.. I can't wait for the full release to see what we are getting as well as what's changed.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Progress report....................... I'm doing OK so far. Haven't got a perfect neck match yet but that can be sorted.

The first image is the usual me. I've lightened the skin tone for conistency. The rest are the new me.............

This is amazing. See what you think........?

secondlife 22.jpg

secondlife 17.jpg

secondlife 18.jpg

secondlife 19.jpg

secondlife 20.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Thanks Janet, and I'm loving every minute!!!!

So Ceka, is the skin you mentioned a part solution??

What's my next step?????

What skin do you have? is it the skinnery Nataly or the Nadine? if it's the skinnery demo then it would be Nadine..I just don't know if there is someone else with a peach tone or not besides the skinnery.. if you don't have the same skin line and skin tone, you will see the neck line much more..

It's the "peach" demo which came with the head and the default Lara one nearest to it. (so Glam affair!)

So what would you do next (as my mentor and teacher).....hehe

Edited by BelindaN
added note

You’re going to have to get the corresponding skin from the skinnery to match the skin on the head. So peach head skin, peach body skin. Using a skinnery skin for the head and a glam affair skin for your body isn’t going to match up exactly even if you have a similar skin tone.

You have to go to The Skinnery and grab a demo  for Maitreya it should come with all the skin tones. Apply the peach tone and you should have a closer match.  Then you can just go ahead and buy the peach Maitreya applier it comes in fit and tummy so you have a couple of options there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Done that Janet. Now looking good. Guess what? Within a minute of arriving at Skinnery I was hit on by a girl wanting........um.....some action I guess. ☺️

There is something about that head..I can't go anywhere without that happening when I'm wearing it..

I had a demo skin on at the skinnery when I went back to buy my skins and some guy IM'd me..

Hey don't forget.I still have a honey tone nataly if you want it..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.