Jump to content
BelindaN

Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So far, no.  I've got a couple that are close, but nothing really great yet.  Part of why that head is still in my folder of "maybe"

I'm hoping some Genus omega appliers fit that hopefully some designers make..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 1:30 AM, Kotelle said:

you can always demo extra shapes :) I noticed that Cate is rejected by many as you say, because of looking "blokey" but I think it is all about the right shape. I had been wearing Simone with a shape I had bought for that head for long time (pre-bento and bento) and when Cate was released and I tried it, I fell in love immediately, still wearing a shape for Simone. 

what is nice with Lelutkas is that the skin always matches Maitreya (both using Glamm Affair as default) so you can save on skins if you like default look. And a shape is still cheaper than a good skin. 

I agree totally with you on this Kotelle. I have Bianca and Cate Heads I love both and yes the shape matters a lot with all heads. I don't see Cate as blokey at all and no one has mentioned Bianca and yet that head is lovely. I make my own shapes and have done since day one really, not hard to do at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So far, no.  I've got a couple that are close, but nothing really great yet.  Part of why that head is still in my folder of "maybe"

I was just looking through the makeups in my inventory..

Try alaskametro

So far theirs is the best fit I've found for lipsticks..plus they have some really nice liner and eye shadows..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to depend on the look you want to achieve. I was surprised that the Lelutkas I demo'd were all so different when trying to get my look.

Of course its not over and never will be. If the L$ was lower I might have bought two.....9_9

When the time is right I'll try some different heads as mentioned in the posts above and who knows what???? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on my observations the CATWA Catya head seems to be the most popular of the pickings. I personally use the Lona head, but I'll probably cave and buy the Catya eventually for more options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of getting a Catwa head but the HUDs are just overwhelming and fell in love with LAQ heads. I never needed more than one layer per makeup and the HUD is so simple to use. I also like that the head itself is cheap and would only ever need to buy the HUD once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my Mayreal heads, have Nadia and Olive, spent less than ONE Duckwa head. The sliders are amazing as you can change your look SO much. That's the biggest thing I really disliked about the Catwa and others (AK heads esp)...the sliders don't make much of a difference...like they're not even Bento at all...didn't like that ONE bit. It took me almost a year (2015) to get my Slink HG body and took even longer then that for a head that I could model to look like the old me (a face I'd worked on for 12 years before getting the mesh head). I'm very happy with my Mayreal heads. (I make my own skins so I don't have problems matching skins - but then again that's what we have Omega for ... wish more creators made their makeups with omega appliers rather than JUST for one type of head)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Elle74 Zaftig said:

I love my Mayreal heads, have Nadia and Olive, spent less than ONE Duckwa head. The sliders are amazing as you can change your look SO much. That's the biggest thing I really disliked about the Catwa and others (AK heads esp)...the sliders don't make much of a difference...like they're not even Bento at all...didn't like that ONE bit. It took me almost a year (2015) to get my Slink HG body and took even longer then that for a head that I could model to look like the old me (a face I'd worked on for 12 years before getting the mesh head). I'm very happy with my Mayreal heads. (I make my own skins so I don't have problems matching skins - but then again that's what we have Omega for ... wish more creators made their makeups with omega appliers rather than JUST for one type of head)

I really like how much you can do with the huds..Lots of different options in each section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really like how much you can do with the huds..Lots of different options in each section

And yes, their huds are amazing (although at first I'd wished there hadn't been so many huds, but I'm glad for them now because each of them offers so many options for one head part), especially the main changer hud!! Their face animator is great as well, loads of options! So many choices that are already included for their low price of 1799L (I got mine cheaper cuz of promo). Wouldn't trade that head for the world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elle74 Zaftig said:

And yes, their huds are amazing (although at first I'd wished there hadn't been so many huds, but I'm glad for them now because each of them offers so many options for one head part), especially the main changer hud!! Their face animator is great as well, loads of options! So many choices that are already included for their low price of 1799L (I got mine cheaper cuz of promo). Wouldn't trade that head for the world.

Even their regular price is nice at around 1900.00..

I didn't get one yet,but was looking at a video that Strawberry Singh made about them.. you get a lot of bang for your buck in that package..

like 8  heads, skins, lots of makeups and so on..

At that price it's worth looking into for me ,I think..

Also seen the room they have with the sliders..That's a big seller for me also..:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Even their regular price is nice at around 1900.00..

I didn't get one yet,but was looking at a video that Strawberry Singh made about them.. you get a lot of bang for your buck in that package..

like 8  heads, skins, lots of makeups and so on..

At that price it's worth looking into for me ,I think..

Also seen the room they have with the sliders..That's a big seller for me also..:)

 

Yeah, i wear elf ears all the time, and their earless heads are GREAT!!!! It's completely blank, not a hole in the head, not a flattened normal ear that still has the contours, just a flat piece of head...so I don't have to hide anything or make the ears bigger to cover the hole (even at 0 ear size). And yes, the sliders are so awesome lol...of course there is a "set" look for each head but the slider movement is so nice...my Nadia head looks nothing like the original, neither does my Olive - oh and I don't get ducklips at 0 lip fatness :D

PS. I love that she provides onionless heads, so if you have a complete skin (brows/lipstick/makeup/blush included), your complexity is WAY low.

Edited by Elle74 Zaftig
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elle74 Zaftig said:

Yeah, i wear elf ears all the time, and their earless heads are GREAT!!!! It's completely blank, not a hole in the head, not a flattened normal ear that still has the contours, just a flat piece of head...so I don't have to hide anything or make the ears bigger to cover the hole (even at 0 ear size). And yes, the sliders are so awesome lol...of course there is a "set" look for each head but the slider movement is so nice...my Nadia head looks nothing like the original, neither does my Olive - oh and I don't get ducklips at 0 lip fatness :D

PS. I love that she provides onionless heads, so if you have a complete skin (brows/lipstick/makeup/blush included), your complexity is WAY low.

I'm curious if the demo comes with eyes and teeth or is that only in the full version?

 

ETA: Never mind..I read at the bottom of the demo page and it said not in the demo..

I had a feeling that was going to be the case..that's ok.. I'm looking at the Aria head right now and like it so far =)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all!

We have tried to clean the thread since it is a good resource for those looking at, or thinking about, getting a Mesh Head.  

However, once again, posts in a thread have devolved into being off topic, insulting, and childish.

This is not, and never will be, acceptable, on the Second Life Community Forums. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

If you cannot abide by the Participation Guidelines, you may find your Second Life account suspended, or, unfortunately, terminated, if you continue to violate policy. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had myself convinced that I was happy with my system head. I felt that through the years it had evolved into something I was happy with... but I found myself missing having expressions. I've had a couple of Catwa demos and a couple of LeLutkas in my inventory for a while, just to see what all big deal was. Unfortunately for me, I started playing with the Catwa first. Omg, I was not happy with them at all. I thought they were close to what I was looking for when I saw them in the store, but they didn't resemble "me" at all once I put them on. So I thought, nope, not for me.

Then I started reading this thread and it got me interested again. This time I took out the LeLutka Bianca bento head. Once I modified the shape with my body measurements from the neck down, I was amazed at how close it was right out of the box. And I thought the HUD was rather easy to navigate too. I picked up a 5L eye color applier to try to get closer to my fav Ikon eyes and a few lipstick demos from Pink Fuel and I think it's looking alot like the system me, only better.

Now I just have to wait until I can actually afford it because money is pretty tight right now, but I am finally mentally ready to go full mesh now.

Here's a few comparisons with my most commonly worn hairstyles.

 

chocolat.png

White Rabbit.png

Float.png

Moonbeam.png

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Dementia Obviate said:

 ...

 This time I took out the LeLutka Bianca bento head. Once I modified the shape with my body measurements from the neck down, I was amazed at how close it was right out of the box.  ..

You did an awesome job matching "your" look. Keep us updated on your journey.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 5:18 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm hoping some Genus omega appliers fit that hopefully some designers make..

Good news! We’re beta testing the omega head right now, won’t be long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Good news! We’re beta testing the omega head right now, won’t be long.

I was hearing something going on in the Genus group earlier today,that had all the ones that got the Genus beta head all excited..

Did they get an updated version of the beta head that is omega compatible? I only caught tid bits because people were so excited that they weren't really leaving too much information...

It was kind of like..Omg I love you guys sooo much,thanks for this really awesome update! \o/

Then would take off..hehehehe

I didn't get the beta head,so I just kind of went on about my day.. hehehehe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dementia...raise the cheekbones and narrow the chin a bit.  Otherwise, I agree it's close to "you"...and in any case, looks lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BelindaN...I came to this thread late and read it (and the one you started about stores for sexy clothes) all the way through.  Congratulations!  You are writing the prototypical story of a Girl's Journey Through Second Life, set in today's Second Life, with all its new features and products.  (Many of us went through this same journey, but years ago, with different products, features, and pitfalls.)

In any case, it's been fascinating to watch your progress as you develop/discover/create your own special, unique look and style...and you're looking fab.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And wow...it is also heartwarming to see how many people are chiming in on your threads to help you (and coincidentally, each other, and strangers) out.  Your outgoing, cheerful personality has a lot to do with that...but EVERYONE in these threads deserves a hug.

I don't know why I'm so sentimental today. *sniffs*

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Lindal you deserve a big hug.................9_9

I've been very lucky in SL, because I chat a lot, and after the first few days just chatted around all the time, and it got me some good friends and somewhere to hang out very quickly. So after that start, I found out about mesh, and pushed really hard to understand it. Every day I learn something new, and I learn something else I don't know.

Shopping malls have transformed the way I shop, and finding the forums has helped me hugely. There are some lovely people on here, and it's a community I love being part of. In fact my whole SL experience, apart from one or two guy encounters, and lack of self control one day has been fantastic. I love it here!!!:D

Hey let me share one more thing with you and the Forum Community...........*smiles*

Early on, a guy hit on me in Kuula (NCI). At that time I wasn't used to such directness, and asking for sex in the first sentence..........................Obviously I refused but tried to explain why.....

As he departed his parting shot, over his shoulder was "Oh you're a Liz"................leaving me with a baffled look.................... I knew he was trying to insult me but I had no idea what being a "Liz" meant.............................

Anybody know? ............................ *looks around while tapping fingers on table*.........................................:x

I had to look it up on Google. You know what? I think he was right (haha)..... If I'm not a Liz, I aspire to be one. Here's what Google says about it..........

Liz describes a girl that once you meet, you'll never forget. She's a walking oxymoron. She's sweet, yet spicy, hot, but cold, you get it. She seems to attract men to her, like she pulled their coin out of the fountain of love. She can kick ass in dancing, sports, and any other 'cool' hobby. But don't get on her bad side, cuz she can also kick ass there too..... YOUR ASS! If you're lucky enough to be her friend or best friend or boyfriend, you'll be having laughs and side pains the rest of your life. Definitely a must for all individuals seeking a great life.

The most amazing friend you will ever come across. She has the biggest heart and is always there for you through ever minute of every day. She's there when you need someone to vent to or just need a shoulder to cry on. She will not judge you for your decisions but she will help you and be there for you throughout your journey. She tries her best to be the best friend she can possibly be. She deserves more than the world.

 A liz is someone who is beautiful, talented, and almost always really smart. Occasionally they may be stubborn and persistently attempting to prove their point but with always good reasoning. So considerate that even when the situation is not really hilarious a liz laughs at things but when is funny begins to crack up. A liz is often correct and competitive, most of the times a liz also wins. The only down side to a liz is that they may be a sore loser and not know when to give up. They are defined as know-it-alls and often confused with the term "little Einstein". They are athletic, amazing, outgoing, people. (They can be flexible too) They have a total desire to be filling themselves with chocolate every second of every day and have a strong hate towards white chocolate. They, like most kids, have a tendency to be playing video games but also continuously be moving and playing preferably outside. Lizs' are adored by many people and enjoy challenges, anything related to academics, and most of the time favors the subject (art) of Gym. 

So now, every day I aspire to be a Liz. Maybe I should set up a Liz Group haha.................................................

 

 

 

 

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling!
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHA!  Well, now, THAT is what I call looking on the bright side.  Yes, you are a Liz, without a doubt.

But I strongly suspect that your Kuula acquaintance was your typical SL horndog and also (like a lot of 'em) incapable of spelling "Lez" correctly.  In short, because you wouldn't go out with him, he was callin' you a lesbian.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, really? Well, funnily enough...........that experience followed............haha.

So maybe I'm a Liz and a Lez................ I never thought he might have been a spelling moron, but you might be right. It makes a lot more sense.............9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...