Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm moving a lot closer to Simone today, although May is a very close contender. I've done a complete rejig of both, this time starting with the default settings, and they both look better for that.

I need to get the three Catwas tested, but already I'm becoming a Lelutka whore.............

I can feel it in my bentos.... haha.:D

I tried green eyes initially, more like my RL colour, but have grown attached to the big brown eyes of my system Avi......

Here's Simone again..........

secondlife 44 Simone.jpg

Edited by BelindaN
Added image

This was the head I got from Genesis Labs..

I've barely messed with it at all, yet..It's just on my bodies shape and I put the numbers from the head onto my shape..

I figured,this was a really good starting point.. I was kind of amazed that the numbers were not really too far off my head shape in a lot of the places..

some were off pretty good,but for the most part.. So I went with their numbers and am gonna build from here..

I really like this head a lot..There is a lot of room with the sliders..

Just a funny note..When I clicked,save as..I didn't even notice until I said it to myself..I named  the photo, Ceka Genesis..

It didn't hit me until after I was finished..

hehehehehe

43294915062_0fa8086eb1_b.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

Nice look Ceka.

I've just given up on the Catwas. All three were similar, and nowhere near as good as Simone....................

Breaking News........ I've purchased Simone.........now to start looking at skins and make up..............

It never ends does it?

hehe

Edited by BelindaN
Breaking News
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Nice look Ceka.

I've just given up on the Catwas. All three were similar, and nowhere near as good as Simone....................

Breaking News........ I've purchased Simone.........now to start looking at skins and make up..............

It never ends does it?

hehe

Hopefully  it doesn't..I wouldn't know what to do with myself in SL If I was all shopped out in SL..

hehehe

36 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I loved Genesis Lab the most underrated head. @Ceka Cianci wait until the Genus Project comes out of beta!

That's how I discovered Genesis Lab..I was doing a search to try to get the demo for the Genus Project head and Genesis Labs showed up in my search..

I'm not sure of how they are related,but am glad I found them both..

Soon as that head comes out,I'm getting it right away..

I thought they had the beta already and took it down.. I've been in the group for about a week now and heard they had the beta so they could get feedback and things from those that got the first one,so they could tweak and do fixes for a quality release..

I'm not sure what all is going on,but I'm glued and excited for that day to come :D

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

It never ends does it?

In LeLutka's main store, back behind the bento head main wall you will find some extras.  There is a set of hairbase appliers (I believe they are free) that will give you many more color options and also close cropped hair options.

All of the extra animation packs are back there was well.  These are totally not needed since the Moods will keep you animated in a realistic way but they are nice extras if you want them.

Re: hunting skin.  Most places will have all of their options for faces displayed around the store.  Body appliers are almost always separate and have one version per skin tone.  You need to be sure you pick up the correct appliers for the body since it will not be included with the head's skin.

Also, LeLutka heads can use Omega appliers but you will need to buy their Omega updater.  It works a little different than Omega relays.  You wear it along with your head and HUD and click on it once.  This adds the scripts to your head that enable Omega.  After that one update, you will not need to wear the Omega Updater again -- until you need to set up a new head or get a re-delivery to fix some problem so don't throw it away!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's how I discovered Genesis Lab..I was doing a search to try to get the demo for the Genus Project head and Genesis Labs showed up in my search..

I'm not sure of how they are related,but am glad I found them both..

Soon as that head comes out,I'm getting it right away..

I thought they had the beta already and took it down.. I've been in the group for about a week now and heard they had the beta so they could get feedback and things from those that got the first one,so they could tweak and do fixes for a quality release..

I'm not sure what all is going on,but I'm glued and excited for that day to come :D

If I am not mistaken Genesis lab is no longer active.  Genus is coming out as most of the creator are from Genesis.  It has a lot of confusion anyway but in terms of assistance I think genus will have people to answer your queries if u bought the beta head but for genesis is more or less a dead shop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikita2004 Ashley said:

If I am not mistaken Genesis lab is no longer active.  Genus is coming out as most of the creator are from Genesis.  It has a lot of confusion anyway but in terms of assistance I think genus will have people to answer your queries if u bought the beta head but for genesis is more or less a dead shop.  

Yea,at first I got the Genesis heads I liked from there and the skins to hold me over while waiting for the Genus head to come out..I seen them and thought they were amazing work..I'm really glad I did because I'm enjoying those..

From seeing the reviews of the Genus head from just the beta version..I really can't wait for that one..

I just missed being able to get the beta and demo by a few days..

I'm in the Flickr group and in world group just waiting for the word go on it hitting the market.. Soon as it hits the market,I'm gonna be all over it like a spider monkey..

hehehehe

Right girls, I have something to show you! :x*excited laugh*...... Simone has come good. Here she is - no make up yet, I need a few more days to experiment and so on, but I'm as thrilled as I was with my Lara body............................

More thrilled, as it seemed like an impossible mountain to climb. I've gone a skin shade lighter, and blue eyes for the moment. They just look better..................

See what you think!

secondlife 50.jpg

secondlife 51.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I tried three Catwa demos but found them harder to modify than the Lelutkas, so gave up.

That is another big thing about Catwa heads, that she really needs to correct. Her rigging, its so hard to edit your face, in appearance editor. That I literally bought my shapes, while wearing my Catwa head. Now that I have a LAQ head, I am pretty happy with it.

• Like 1

[Moderator Edit- quoted text removed]

I like catwa for the fact that I don't know any other head with 2 layers for make up/tattoo and for the skin I have it's the one that looks the cutest, I have Lelutka, Vista, AK (an old one tho) and LAQ, I have even Normie from Utilizator and that one Chloe that was 99L on mp for some time, tried all of them more than once to see if I'd end up changing form my catwa and so far no luck. Even with bad AOs it's the one that gives me the look I want. I might have to take a new tour and get newer releases from other brands to be sure but so far I haven't seen one that suited me and had the amount of options catwa has.

Edited by Dakota Linden
Quoted Text Removed

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

See what you think!

secondlife 51.jpg

Getting back on topic ....

This angle shows it best.  Very nice and unique.  You will probably go back to tweaking little bits every once in a while (we all do) but this looks is lovely.

At the risk of starting another heated discussion ... have you looked at skins yet?  I'm sure we can offer up a favorite store or two for you to consider :D

• Like 1

Rhonda!!!!!!! *wags finger*

Of course I've considered skins...........

I need to wait at least a few days though. Hehe.

Thank you for the complements! You wouldn't believe the efforts involved. Or maybe you would.:D

I've  sorted the mascara but still playing with lipstick and eye shadows.

Skin may be the last big hurdle.......or maybe not.

I'm absolutely delighted how Simone has captured some of my look and I'll drop in on the forum hangout when I get the chance in case anybody would like a closer look.  ?

Without all your help and encouragement I wouldn't have this look after ten weeks in SL and I really do appreciate that. ???

I think your new head is lovely.  I also have the simone head and it is my favorite out of all the heads I have.  I just think it looks so elegant.   My Catwa Catya is also high on the list too as a favorite head.

The great thing is there are so many heads out there now.  I have many other heads from other creators and they all give me a different look.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 5:47 AM, BelindaN said:

Here's an update............ I found an hour this morning and started out with the two Lelutka demos, Cate and Chloe. The HUD is amazing, and I quickly discovered that Chloe was closer to what I want than Cate, so I spent more time on Chloe. The skin match is excellent. It's worth mentioning that when you wear the new head, it adopts the slider values in place, so looks terrible first off........:x

Best advice so far? Write down all the slider numbers for your number 1 look, then you can easily restore. I can't remember who said this, but that is definitely a top tip.

There is a workaround... You build one shape file just once.

I put in a Feature Request: Shapes – Better Export BUG-216131Improved Shape Export. I put a feature request in to get a better way of exporting shapes. I want to export just my body without the head or just my head without the body.

We can edit the current XML shape files the viewers export now. I have edited one to be just my body, no head. I can wear the shape included with a mesh head. Then I can wear my body only shape. The body changes and the head is not affected. I can save the resulting shape and have a combined body and head. 

I want to be able to export a body or head shape and not have to edit the XML files. Being able to do so would let body and head designers easily make shape for just a body or just a head and stop messing me up.

So, please stop by the JIRA and click ‘WATCH’.

I think using the head's included shape gives one a better starting place. But I don't want to give up my body shape. Consider...

Heads-n-Shapes.thumb.jpg.d38b1be575ea8a687536ba9c370c93aa.jpg

Since I was around for Standard Size (rigged not fitted) mesh, I have a bunch of outfits and clothes that require a tweaked shape for clothes to fit. So, I have shapes for a couple of dozen brands of clothes. Redoing the shape for all those brands was WAY too tedious. So, I hacked on the Shape XML file.

I have to say,I am really loving my Genesis Labs head..

The frustrating thing about it is.. Even their own Lipsticks don't fit.. I'm having the hardest time finding ones that do..I've found some that come really close with the  Omega head..

Hurry Genus Project!! Hurry!\o/

hehehehe

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have to say,I am really loving my Genesis Labs head..

The frustrating thing about it is.. Even their own Lipsticks don't fit.. I'm having the hardest time finding ones that do..I've found some that come really close with the  Omega head..

I thought it was maybe just me - that I was doing something wrong or just not using the right things.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought it was maybe just me - that I was doing something wrong or just not using the right things.

Have you found any that fit well?

I've found some,but think I got them just because they were close..They sure don't fit just right.. hehehehe

48 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Have you found any that fit well?

I've found some,but think I got them just because they were close..They sure don't fit just right.. hehehehe

So far, no.  I've got a couple that are close, but nothing really great yet.  Part of why that head is still in my folder of "maybe"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.