Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Belinda, spend time with the demo head. About a week, whatever time will allow, and just tweak. It looks like you’re already leaning toward the Lelutka and that’s great! Also take the time to see what products are available for it: skins, lipstick, hairbases, eye appliers, blush, contour, etc. That way you’ll have your shape all ready when you’re ready to buy it.

It looks like you have the hang of it already though.

• Like 1

Hi Janet. Well, they say that practice makes perfect!!! haha!

I love the matching skin tone with this head, and I'm almost convinced. The whole thing is lovely, the HUD is easy to navigate, and the look is almost right. It's just those hairy caterpillars on the brow. Maybe  I can buy something to cover them. It was mentioned earlier in this post by angeoco..... It's just another complication!!!

Oh and I have another five head demo's to get through......................don't know how I'll get the time away from RL, but needs must...:D

Edited by BelindaN
Added detail

About those eyebrows ... and skin matching.

Maitreya uses skin tones made by Glam Affair.  It's a nice skin and they have always been high quality if not always well known.
LeLutka also went with Glam Affair skins for their heads.  This is why Maitreya Lara body and LeLutka heads match.  They both use the skin tones created by Glam Affair.

Now, about the brows.  The stock skins have the brows painted on.so you are stuck with that color and the shape is limited to what you can do with the hairbase shape editor.

Don't forget, these are a basic set of skins that are included with your mesh body and heads to get you started.  They are quality skins but the options are limited.  Unfortunately, with the eyebrows being a part of the skin you cannot use the brow tools included on the HUD or 3rd party brow options, custom colors, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Hi Janet. Well, they say that practice makes perfect!!! haha!

I love the matching skin tone with this head, and I'm almost convinced. The whole thing is lovely, the HUD is easy to navigate, and the look is almost right. It's just those hairy caterpillars on the brow. Maybe  I can buy something to cover them. It was mentioned earlier in this post by angeoco..... It's just another complication!!!

Oh and I have another five head demo's to get through......................don't know how I'll get the time away from RL, but needs must...:D

You can purchase separate head skins.  As Rhonda mentioned, Glam Affair is the base skin that comes with Lelutka.  But you can purchase other Glam Affair sets for the head, and they include all the basic colored brows and a no brow option.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tarani Tempest said:

You can purchase separate head skins.  As Rhonda mentioned, Glam Affair is the base skin that comes with Lelutka.  But you can purchase other Glam Affair sets for the head, and they include all the basic colored brows and a no brow option.

you can even buy Glam Affair sets for Logo heads if you have the omega installer, I use Sia...

• Thanks 1

Not only that, Belinda, a lot of skins have a browless option. That way you can buy what ever eyebrows you want and just apply the ones you want or swap them out when you get tired of those. 

Thats why you want to shop around and see what is available for the type of head you’re interested in. You’ll know exactly where to go and what to get so you can have your look together right out of the box.

• Thanks 1

Oh wow.....................

The unknown unknown gets me every time......................haha:D

But I'm ever so grateful for all this info. I've just grabbed half an hour and got three more Lelutka demos. I do like them........

Does Glam affair have an in-world store???

Time for bed and more dreaming about mesh heads..............

Nighty night everyone. *kiss kiss*

5 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I really find it hard to see some of the comments about ‘duck face or lips etc’ from the pic the woman has posted as what she wants seems like she has no objection to the terms other people are calling that look.

The "Duck Face" was in reference to so many heads in general, especially Catwa - not in reference to the OP or anyone specifically. :)

I didn’t think it was in reference to the OP I know a lot of people specifically talk about that look meaning Catwa, it’s been said often enough. Personally I don’t see that I also have a leLutka head , I prefer my Catwa nothing wrong with either of them, down to what I like but I would never look at someone else and say anything derogatory about them, it’s down to personal taste ???

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Do an inworld search and you will find it they have a section dedicated to appliers for various body's and attachments the head appliers are in a different area of the sim to the skins. if you are going to get a LeLutka head their store also sells Glam Affair head appliers 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Glam Affair has a brand new location, too.  It is best to find in with in world search since most people's landmarks will be outdated now.

In the past they had two a regular and a legacy store ... in world search could lead you to the wrong one.

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

the shopping (a.k.a. hunt) is definitely a large part of the fun.

I totally hate the shopping/hunt/demo part of it.  That is probably the single biggest reason why I don't have a mesh head yet.  Gathering all the demos, then trying them on and attempting to tweak each to get something close to what I look like now.......... Ugh, I consider it an exhausting time consuming process and I hate it.

At this rate, it shouldn't take me but another 6 months to decide on one....... *sigh*

• Like 1

Wow and more Wows!!!

In the words of (maybe) Gene Roddenberry..........

"We have found our Captain"............

Crikey I've spent the last hour on the sliders with Simone............... last night I raided Lelutka and took three more demos. Simone didn't look that promising, but as some of you said, the head looks very different once you get sliding stuff about...............

Anyway I'll carry on testing all the others, and post the images, because, you know, it might help those who are following my progress in this..........

Here she is................................

I'm so pleased with this one, you wouldn't believe how pleased I am.......... (gush gush)..........................:D

secondlife 37 portrait Simone.jpg

secondlife 36 portrait Simone.jpg

And now for Spencer............ Spencer is cute, but I struggled to get the lips as I wanted them. She looks ever so slightly sad, melancholy, or miserable.............

So Simone is still my front runner.........

secondlife 38 Spencer.jpg

This one is Greer. Better than Spencer but no match for Simone........

The quest goes on............One more Lelutka then three Catwas!!!!

I hope somebody finds this helpful!!!! I certainly am....................

My old face is beginning to look...............well, ordinary, after this crowd..............hehe.

secondlife 39 Greer2.jpg

Edited by BelindaN
Added words...........

My last post for today. Three Catwas to do as soon as possible. I tried one of the Mayreals but I've been spoiled by these Lelutkas............so didn't bother in the end.

I have a rival for Simone, and it's May.............. They are so close, it will be difficult to chose.

First another image of Simone, then two of May............. I wonder if the Catwas will be as good?

secondlife 40 Simone.jpg

secondlife 41 May.jpg

secondlife 42 May.jpg

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I totally hate the shopping/hunt/demo part of it.  That is probably the single biggest reason why I don't have a mesh head yet.  Gathering all the demos, then trying them on and attempting to tweak each to get something close to what I look like now.......... Ugh, I consider it an exhausting time consuming process and I hate it.

At this rate, it shouldn't take me but another 6 months to decide on one....... *sigh*

I tried some mesh heads when Bento project was released and it took me about 2 months trying tons of skins and editing my shape with demos to have a decision. On occasion, I decided for Catya Catwa. I used it for a while, but came back to my system head. After that, I have changed to Logo Quinn. I was very excited about this release because I always loved Logo animations, but again I used it for a while and came back to my system head. Months later, I considered Catya again when League released a Catwa skin I love. This combo gave me the look I used for a long time. Now I'm wearing Zoe Vista head and I'm completely satisfied not only with my look, but with the animations.
It was a long walk until I finally found the look I always wanted. So I understand what you mean about the time consuming process, but I have to confess that I like all this hunt.

21 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Main store: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty Avatar couture/154/49/33

Second store with most of their past event releases: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Pea/96/62/22

54 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

First another image of Simone, then two of May............. I wonder if the Catwas will be as good?

My favorite Lelutka head is Cate, but among all pictures you posted, I prefer Simone.

For your shape, I choose Simone. But will all depended of the final result of your shape, both heads will look good with a nice edit. 
You still gonna get familiar with the head and find a unique and graceful shape thats fits you most. Marketplace has a lot of Simone's (or May) pre made shapes, you can choose buy one and edit as well... 

For Lelutka heads (which was my first head too and is one of my favorites until today) it worth all the money spent, so that's very important, you be able to use this forever and never get bored off in future. 

PS: The Store DeeTaLeZ offers beautiful options of skins for Lelutka heads too. :) 

• Thanks 1

I'm going to throw something else at you....

Often with shapes it is easier to start with something close to what you want a tweak it from there.
With that in mind, Strawberry Singh has done a lot shapes for Catwa and LeLutka heads.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/63740?search[category_id]=333&search[maturity]=General&search

=1&search[per_page]=12&search[store_id]=63740

You could also search market place for shapes made specific heads and find others but I find hers reliable and (best of all) cheap.
This is Strawberry's Simone, for example.
SimoneShape.jpg

Or maybe her version of Greer.
GreerShape.jpg

What I'm saying is, you could look at what other people have done with heads you are demoing and see if anything is close to what you want.  With these example you might look at Simone and like the lips but the eyes are a little off.  Then when you are demoing you don't have to worry about the lips so much, just see if you can get the eyes the way you want them.  Strawberry like the outside corners up a little.  So you look at your demo and see how well the outside corners move with the sliders.  Being Lelutka ... not very much.  That slider does more to set the outer brow position than the eye corner.  Lips are perfect but the eyes are not what you want?  Move to the next demo.

Anyway, just an example and tip.  Why recreate what others have done for you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One thing you may want to do when you are adjusting the features on your head is,To make sure you have the right lighting..

I don't know if they have this option in other viewers,but In the phoenix viewer they have the photo tools option,where you can adjust the whole lighting to the sim..

There are some good presets that really helped me out when doing mine..

If you get light hitting on your face in some areas and make adjustments and stop and then come back later that day,you can be in a different kind of lighting and see a total different look..

I found a good preset that  I use just for messing with my heads to where the lighting in the same from every angle..

it helped me a lot..

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.