Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd love to try that Ceka.....please!!

I'm struggling with the neck join. It's a bit raggy despite tweaking and the Genus neck fix makes it worse. The Maitreya neck fix improves it slightly but it's not um, perfect.

Maybe the final version will improve it. I can live with it though because this look is soooo good.  And so easy to adjust. I'm really excited about this look!!!!

Oh and my hands got very big for some reason. I had to resize down......haha?

20 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I'd love to try that Ceka.....please!!

I'm struggling with the neck join. It's a bit raggy despite tweaking and the Genus neck fix makes it worse. The Maitreya neck fix improves it slightly but it's not um, perfect.

Maybe the final version will improve it. I can live with it though because this look is soooo good.  And so easy to adjust. I'm really excited about this look!!!!

Oh and my hands got very big for some reason. I had to resize down......haha?

I've found that setting the Oily Skin to 10% (or zero if you can) eliminates the next texture seam on Genus. It's the specular (shine) that goes all the way to the bottom of the next that is causing the texture seam. It seems the fix would be to make that specular map a gradient from full white to full black (transparent) from top to bottom of the neck for a gradual face - and where the Oily Skin look would not be visible at the bottom of the neck.

In any case: that's what that seam is: Shiny to non-shiny. I've even set the skin on my body to maximum shine and still not even close to a match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After reading all about the Genus mesh head I just had to try the demo.
OMG... it's a very pretty head - and no duck lips! ❤️ :)
Surprisingly the shape what I'm using with Vista Lia head looked pretty good on it with just very slight adjustments in the eyes and mouth.
Wearing the Brownies skin in the snapshot below.

Genus-head-demo.thumb.png.a05fd11d82ff24f5b46815eb88f41981.png

• Like 3

I think I have finally gotten my Genus to look the way I want it to (though the nose is still a bit finicky for me):

New%252520Hair.jpg

Genus%252520Head.jpg

Maybe it's me or some kind of placebo effect, but it just feels like this head is so much more flexible in the way it handles the shape sliders.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I think I have finally gotten my Genus to look the way I want it to (though the nose is still a bit finicky for me):

Maybe it's me or some kind of placebo effect, but it just feels like this head is so much more flexible in the way it handles the shape sliders.

The Genesis Lab bento heads were like that too, very responsive to the sliders. They make/made excellent heads, they just kind of got lost in the shuffle and had very limited Omega support before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

New%252520Hair.jpg

Genus%252520Head.jpg

That's what it seemed like to me..Just seems to be closer to working with making a shape rather than working with a mesh head..hehehe

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

After reading all about the Genus mesh head I just had to try the demo.
OMG... it's a very pretty head - and no duck lips! ❤️ :)
Surprisingly the shape what I'm using with Vista Lia head looked pretty good on it with just very slight adjustments in the eyes and mouth.
Wearing the Brownies skin in the snapshot below.

Genus-head-demo.thumb.png.a05fd11d82ff24f5b46815eb88f41981.png

So how can you resist a look like that Coby? Its just addictively amazing........?

18 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

The Genesis Lab bento heads were like that too, very responsive to the sliders. They make/made excellent heads, they just kind of got lost in the shuffle and had very limited Omega support before.

Agreed. My profile picture is my "main look" using a Genesis Lena head :)

Oh, and the only Omega support Genesis' heads have is makeup (and not always consistent, either) - this new one is full-blown SL compatible and that alone is what skyrockets its value for me, the rest is whipped cream and cherries on top! Hahaha

@BelindaN - That is gorgeous and before changing your shape? That is amazing!!!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

So how can you resist a look like that Coby? Its just addictively amazing........?

But, but... I just recently wrote somewhere in the forums that I don't need another head (°.°) :/
But still, that head sure is very, very tempting. Must think about it, hmm...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I bought the head and I have to admit it is very pretty. I love the makeup options. However I have problems with the neck fix its not really bad but its not great. Hopefully it will improve in the final version, until now will stick with my Catwa. 

Yeah, I agree that the neck join is not good enough (yet), but I can live with that for now!! Having said that I felt guilty for almost abandoning Simone after she's been so good to me in such a short time. So yesterday I gave her some slider time................................and she has a perfect neck haha!

secondlife 21.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Belinda I think even strawberrysingh said neck fix is not the best depending on which skin you are wearing. I’m just used to seeing no neck problems and omg I used to suffer badly when I first got my Catwa head. 

I will persevere with it but at moment as I said sticking with the head I have. Despite the duck lips contraversy I like it.

If you care you can see why only flicrkr page .  It’s on my profile. 

You look great ? btw good job I looked awful at the age you are. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.