Mesh Heads (yes I know!!!!_)

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Oh no, really? Well, funnily enough...........that experience followed............haha.

So maybe I'm a Liz and a Lez................ I never thought he might have been a spelling moron, but you might be right. It makes a lot more sense.............9_9

I like your version better..

hehehehe

• Like 1

I still use one of the those static with emote hud slink heads i tried a demo if a Catwa bento and it looked like I had some sort of Facial tick.

I am just going to stick with what i have it works and i have used it for long enough that it "is" my avatar and the idea of changing is kind of .. disturbing

The Genus beta head was re-released because of so much demand from people asking for the release..So the creator put the beta  and demo back out for now..

So If anyone is interested,you can get the beta for 3000 and when the full release comes out you get it as an update,where everyone else that didn't get it will be paying 5k for it..

I guess the animations and other things will be in the final release..

I've been waiting for a chance to get this head even in beta since I missed getting the beta by only two days that last time it was out..

I'm really loving this head and just the options in the current hud..Can't wait for the full release..Just what you can do with editing the makeup is awesome..

Anyways,here is a pic just from me throwing my current shape in there and not really having to touch it yet. You can edit just about everything in the hud ,from lashes to having each eye a different color,just all kinds of really nice things to play with.. This is gonna be so much fun to play with =)

plus found skin for the head and body at the skinnery which I was glad to see..Plus it's omega compatible to boot.. =)

I'm babbling now because I'm excited.. hehehehe been waiting and waiting for this head..

Aaaaanyways,here is a look at mine..

42177691700_1a8d824e6f_b.jpg

Then just playing with moles and makeups and things.

30118287508_0536b4127d_b.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Wow that looks good........9_9

Where would I get that exactly?...........

This being a beta it doesn't have everything yet..It didn't even come with instructions.. There are links at the top of the hud that will take you to their flickr page though..

I guess they are working on complexity and animations and some bugs..

You can get  the DEMO and the BETA here.. Definitely try the demo first to see how you like it..

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Genus Project/140/161/24

Strawberry Singh does a nice tutorial on it that helped me a lot with it.. Also Naria Panthar does one as well that is helpful and more in detail on some things..

These are both before the mesh head beta was updated and re-released,  but should still be pretty helpful..

Hope this helps =)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The Genus beta head was re-released because of so much demand from people asking for the release..So the creator put the beta  and demo back out for now..

So If anyone is interested,you can get the beta for 3000 and when the full release comes out you get it as an update,where everyone else that didn't get it will be paying 5k for it..

I guess the animations and other things will be in the final release..

I've been waiting for a chance to get this head even in beta since I missed getting the beta by only two days that last time it was out..

I'm really loving this head and just the options in the current hud..Can't wait for the full release..Just what you can do with editing the makeup is awesome..

Anyways,here is a pic just from me throwing my current shape in there and not really having to touch it yet. You can edit just about everything in the hud ,from lashes to having each eye a different color,just all kinds of really nice things to play with.. This is gonna be so much fun to play with =)

plus found skin for the head and body at the skinnery which I was glad to see..Plus it's omega compatible to boot.. =)

I'm babbling now because I'm excited.. hehehehe been waiting and waiting for this head..

Aaaaanyways,here is a look at mine..

42177691700_1a8d824e6f_b.jpg

Then just playing with moles and makeups and things.

30118287508_0536b4127d_b.jpg

My alt has this head and I was kicking myself that I did not get it for my Main :) But once I saw your post I hopped on and got it, I am so excited..lol. Going to be fun tweaking it and trying new skins for it. Glam Affair has some appliers for it now, so I am going to Demo those too :)

• Like 2

Yes, yes... there are very few things I'll experiment with and before the current Bento head, I've always pulled my hair out over Genesis (they imply such in terms of consistency and functionality) - but now rocking a newer Lena head and I'm impressed. So I decided to jump onto the Genus beta also. The plus side is we get to learn and understand the HUD and what can be done with it all before the release version. Woo-hoo!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, yes... there are very few things I'll experiment with and before the current Bento head, I've always pulled my hair out over Genesis (they imply such in terms of consistency and functionality) - but now rocking a newer Lena head and I'm impressed. So I decided to jump onto the Genus beta also. The plus side is we get to learn and understand the HUD and what can be done with it all before the release version. Woo-hoo!

I'm really liking this hud..Just the ability to mess with opacity on things is so nice and gonna save tons on make and things..

I first looked at it and thought to myself,This is gonna take some time to learn..But really  so far it's been pretty easy to understand..

Just playing with the makeup and putting a little fade to things really changes things a lot..

It's been about the most effortless head and hud I'm toyed with so far..I can't wait to see what the full release has to add to it..

I'm really loving that they gave us another chance at the beta..

This is from just doing a little fade with my makeup.. I seen the difference  when I did and was like :o:x

hehehe

30134679138_a96523d171_b.jpg

• Like 7

You look gorgeous @Ceka Cianci. I loved this new GENUS head, so beautiful and realistic! I'm a little confused now cause I spent so much in CATWA stuff... If I was not a broken bish I'll definitely buy it already, so I'll try to save some money, I won 2k this week... I'm optimistic. 

Already saw a few good products available, but I just can't wait for that head dominate SL and nice brands start to create nice skins and everything for her. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

You look gorgeous @Ceka Cianci. I loved this new GENUS head, so beautiful and realistic! I'm a little confused now cause I spent so much in CATWA stuff... If I was not a broken bish I'll definitely buy it already, so I'll try to save some money, I won 2k this week... I'm optimistic. 

Already saw a few good products available, but I just can't wait for that head dominate SL and nice brands start to create nice skins and everything for her. 

@Lara AulderThe good thing is it'll be on sale as long as it's in beta, so you have time.

@Ceka Cianci Where did you get the eyeshadow from? Now that it's omega, I can play around with makeup! Yey!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janetosilio said:

@Lara AulderThe good thing is it'll be on sale as long as it's in beta, so you have time.

@Ceka Cianci Where did you get the eyeshadow from? Now that it's omega, I can play around with makeup! Yey!

That's from the genus hub..I just played around with the color some and opacity..

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

One more 'K' to go for you, then! Get it while you can - you're saving 1500L LOL

Ugh, I have so many Catwa heads and others, I even already have a version 3.0 Genesis (what I'm wearing in my profile picture) - I think yesterday is the first full day I've worn the Genus and went out into the public with it. (I had spent the previous week just tweaking and things, trying to match my current face, but ended up with an excellent looking Japanese/Korean eyes than Chinese - yes, there is a difference) hahaha! I absolutely love it (Genus head).

So far the only issues I'm seeing are that the back of the head is rather small as has been mentioned before, but not only that: the entire head is a bit small, like the AK heads: so most (like 90%) rigged mesh hair will have a slight "floating" off the scalp if you look closely (which bother me as I'm a real snoot about attention to detail) or even oversized - looks like a wig or something. If it's not changed on release then hair-shopping will be a little more of a process in that case. I could just go back to my short hair look (because then resizing script are usually there or modifiable).

The only other thing I haven't discovered how to do yet (maybe it cannot be done yet) is turn off/hide/remove any eyeliner that I've already applied (and I do mean that which comes with the head). Other than that, it really is an amazing head: beautiful, flexible, and techno-wise: blows away every other head I have (Catwa, LAQ, LOGO, others...)

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Oh Ceka.........what have you done........now you've really got me going on this.

I just added the demo, no tweaking, added my favourite hair.......... and BANG!    :x:x:x

secondlife 16.jpg

What skin are you demoing? I have a couple spares from a couple of  rare Nataly Gatchas that I can just give you..

I'm not going to use them ever..

I'm giving away a Two Honey and One Champagne tone of the Nataly in the group or whoever wants them..

They match up with the skinney body skins also..

mine is the Ebony Nadine,which It matches the same body skins also..

If you see me in the Genus group just ask and I'll give you the ones you want..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

One more 'K' to go for you, then! Get it while you can - you're saving 1500L LOL

Ugh, I have so many Catwa heads and others, I even already have a version 3.0 Genesis (what I'm wearing in my profile picture) - I think yesterday is the first full day I've worn the Genus and went out into the public with it. (I had spent the previous week just tweaking and things, trying to match my current face, but ended up with an excellent looking Japanese/Korean eyes than Chinese - yes, there is a difference) hahaha! I absolutely love it (Genus head).

So far the only issues I'm seeing are that the back of the head is rather small as has been mentioned before, but not only that: the entire head is a bit small, like the AK heads: so most (like 90%) rigged mesh hair will have a slight "floating" off the scalp if you look closely (which bother me as I'm a real snoot about attention to detail) or even oversized - looks like a wig or something. If it's not changed on release then hair-shopping will be a little more of a process in that case. I could just go back to my short hair look (because then resizing script are usually there or modifiable).

The only other thing I haven't discovered how to do yet (maybe it cannot be done yet) is turn off/hide/remove any eyeliner that I've already applied (and I do mean that which comes with the head). Other than that, it really is an amazing head: beautiful, flexible, and techno-wise: blows away every other head I have (Catwa, LAQ, LOGO, others...)

If you want to clear a layer away like eye shadow for instance.. you go to your Genetics part of the hud,then highlight where it says eye shadow in the,Layers controls..Then click the tear drop next to where it say's eye shadow..You need to have the bar lit up first though..

if you just want to hide it,you can highlight the area you want to hid on the face and click the hide button right next to the head..You can clear everything there also.. and you can also hit the show button to show again what you wanted hidden..

Also if you want to mess with the opacity of makeup or anything else on the head..you click on the section on the head in the hud and the opacity  circle will show the percent you are at..just click on that ring to move up or down in percent of opacity you like..

Hope this helps ?

Edited by Ceka Cianci

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you want to clear a layer away like eye shadow for instance.. you go to your Genetics part of the hud,then highlight where it says eye shadow in the,Layers controls..Then click the tear drop next to where it say's eye shadow..You need to have the bar lit up first though..

if you just want to hide it,you can highlight the area you want to hid on the face and click the hide button right next to the head..You can clear everything there also.. and you can also hit the show button to show again what you wanted hidden..

Also if you want to mess with the opacity of makeup or anything else on the head..you click on the section on the head in the hud and the opacity  circle will show the percent you are at..just click on that ring to move up or down in percent of opacity you like..

Hope this helps ?

Yes, did I say eyeshadow? I meant *eyeliner* - no tab for eyeliner and no clickable eyeliner section on the mesh model in the lower half (to set opacity to zero). I could be missing something, but I don't think so. The only way I see to remove eyeliner completely is a reset (then having to do all the rest again). 

But that's minor, I'm really hoping they fix the size (and balance: back of head size) issue most of all. And the nose: cannot make it very small at all, the tip looks amazingly awkward if you try LOL

But that's the fun of playing with betas!

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, did I say eyeshadow? I meant *eyeliner* - no tab for eyeliner and no clickable eyeliner section on the mesh model in the lower half (to set opacity to zero). I could be missing something, but I don't think so. The only way I see to remove eyeliner completely is a reset (then having to do all the rest again). 

But that's minor, I'm really hoping they fix the size (and balance: back of head size) issue most of all. And the nose: cannot make it very small at all, the tip looks amazingly awkward if you try LOL

But that's the fun of playing with betas!

Ah I see..Yea I believe you can do that from the eye shadow bar as well.. I just checked it out and it took off my eye liner..Hopefully they will add a bar for the Eyeliner also..

That way your eye shadow stays put..I just put the eye shadow right back on from clicking the color I had on and the opacity stayed the same..

At present Ceka I'm using the default Luletka skin with my Lara. I'll definitely need help in getting a match if/when I adopt this new head. If any of the skins you mention would work then I would be grateful!!

I don't mind a tanned look because although I'm blonde here and in  RL, i have an olive texture to my skin from my maternal grandmother.

11 hours ago, BelindaN said:

At present Ceka I'm using the default Luletka skin with my Lara. I'll definitely need help in getting a match if/when I adopt this new head. If any of the skins you mention would work then I would be grateful!!

I don't mind a tanned look because although I'm blonde here and in  RL, i have an olive texture to my skin from my maternal grandmother.

I have one left which is a honey..that's kind of right in the middle of all the tones..so it should fit pretty well..

Also where they have these skins they sell the body skins also that match up to where you can't see the line..there is a like there ,but it's really minute and not anything to do with the tone..they are working on that before the release of the full version.

So I'll save that one for you ?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BelindaN said:

51 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have one left which is a honey..that's kind of right in the middle of all the tones..so it should fit pretty well..

Also where they have these skins they sell the body skins also that match up to where you can't see the line..there is a like there ,but it's really minute and not anything to do with the tone..they are working on that before the release of the full version.

So I'll save that one for you ?

For fun and giggles, I decided to grab the Omega System for Genus (still only 99L in-world store, folks: Marketplace is 100% markup now) - and I decided to play with skin appliers I've had for four or five years and voila!

Even really old stuff (omega skins) work flawlessly!

My point is that unless your chosen skin is so exclusive to one particular make or another and doesn't include an Omega version, then you may be out of luck with it, otherwise you should be safe. The point being that the Genus is apparently compatible with an already existing huge chunk of the skin market in SL - everything that's Omega compatible.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.