Own Mainland without being Premium ?!

Axel Naxos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What do you think there is an intermediate account modality, not Premium, which allows the purchase of land in Mainlands by anyone (previously qualified) and only that with nothing but benefits, such as 300 lindens a week, premium sandbox, absolutely no another benefit. Exclusive rights only to get right to buy 1024sqm land in Mailand. Would that be consistent?
Note: I did not elaborate on the qualification for such an account.

Thanks for the opinions.

The Lab recently announced they consider different levels of Premium, let's first see what they will bring up. Maybe what you are suggesting is already in the planning.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

i am not sure how LL could attractively price an only mainland owning account - compared to $72pa with stipend. Sans the stipend then say about $10-15 (depending on exchange rate) a year for a 1024m

if we multiply this ($10-$15) out to sim size then it would give us a mainland region for about $640-$960 a year

so I would think the price would be somewhere closer to $2,100pa ($175pm). About $32pa. Not sure how attractive this would be generally. It might be though to someone who never requires L$

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

What do you think there is an intermediate account modality, not Premium, which allows the purchase of land in Mainlands by anyone (previously qualified) and only that with nothing but benefits, such as 300 lindens a week, premium sandbox, absolutely no another benefit. Exclusive rights only to get right to buy 1024sqm land in Mailand. Would that be consistent?
Note: I did not elaborate on the qualification for such an account.

Thanks for the opinions.

I think something like this may happen, but I'd expect it more at the 512 sq.m. level. There are a lot of old Linden Homes that size to fill up now.

Also, that stipend benefit... that's nearly as central to the Premium subscription business as is Land ownership. It's one major way the Lab monetizes the L$. It's possible they'd offer some membership bundles with no stipend at all, but I wouldn't really expect it.

• Like 1

Ebbe stated (Designing Worlds Video I THINK) that there would likely be a Premium level lower than the Premium level we have now. I was wondering what that could entail but your OP idea COULD be right on the money. The Lab would get (in theory) more money (without the stipend) and folks that don't care about the enforced "savings" that the stipend gives them ( for those that have a tendency to overspend) could just have the land buying ability.  So instead of 72 a year with stipend maybe 35 a year without just to own land?   That would be attractive to the folks that want larger parcels, but not so much to the folks that want "the best deal" :D. 

There was NO mention (that I have heard) of having a Premium level that COSTS LESS than what we have now. That could of course come into play if one was only buying the ability to own mainland -- I am not seeing a big downside to this but maybe someone else will. 

Truth is of course WE don't know and likely The Lab doesn't no for sure -- exactly.   So we will find out in the future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

O Laboratório anunciou recentemente que eles consideram níveis diferentes de Premium, vamos primeiro ver o que eles trarão. Talvez o que você está sugerindo já esteja no planejamento.

Yes ... but while the son is not born, I wanted to bring this special discussion ... ;-)

8 hours ago, ellestones said:

então eu acho que o preço estaria em algum lugar mais próximo de $ 2.100pa ($ 175pm). Cerca de US $ 32pa. Não tenho certeza o quão atraente isso seria geralmente. Pode ser que alguém que nunca precise de L $

Small dealers ... like me ... ;-)

8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Eu acho que algo assim pode acontecer, mas eu esperaria mais nos 512 metros quadrados. nível. Há um monte de casas antigas Linden que tamanho para encher agora.

This would limit the use of the land ... commerce would be forbidden ... there already loses attraction, to have a Linden house ... that is, for some, like me ...

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

A verdade é claro que não sabemos e provavelmente o laboratório não tem certeza - exatamente. Então vamos descobrir no futuro. 

The "future" for LL is something very unpredictable in regards to SL ... Sansar consumes a lot of time ... I imagine...

Just now, Axel Naxos said:

This would limit the use of the land ... commerce would be forbidden ... there already loses attraction, to have a Linden house ... that is, for some, like me ...

Oh, hmmm, I hadn't thought of an account limited to Linden Homes only, but rather one like the old Premium allowing tier-free 512 either as a Linden Home or on unrestricted Mainland. I guess they could offer the restricted-only version but to the Lab the whole point of a lower cost offering would be as a gateway to more spending, so I wouldn't really think they'd erect that barrier.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

The "future" for LL is something very unpredictable in regards to SL ... Sansar consumes a lot of time ... I imagine...

Folks have been saying similar things for years. 

My bet would be on Sansar dying long before SL does.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I think something like this may happen, but I'd expect it more at the 512 sq.m. level. There are a lot of old Linden Homes that size to fill up now.

Oh  I know, lets evict all the tenants from those old Linden homes, condemn the sims and reposition them to build that connection between the continents everyone seems to want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

I think that HAS been the case, but not so much these days. SL appears to be much more viable than Sansar with its 50 concurrency.  That only from official statements and other people's research. I am not there :D. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Oh  I know, lets evict all the tenants from those old Linden homes, condemn the sims and reposition them to build that connection between the continents everyone seems to want.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Patch&Co were to roll out a fresh mini-continent for 1024m²-scale Linden Homes in the conspicuously blank area between Jeogeot and Sansara.

5b3e3206d02f8_Screenshot(1)_LI.jpg.b908ca75cac99f870557c4e38a91599c.jpg

11 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Patch&Co were to roll out a fresh mini-continent for 1024m²-scale Linden Homes in the conspicuously blank area between Jeogeot and Sansara.

5b3e3206d02f8_Screenshot(1)_LI.jpg.b908ca75cac99f870557c4e38a91599c.jpg

Patch did seem somewhat open to the "connecting the continents via water" when mentioned (SL15B Meet talk).  But Ebbe stated that the 512 homes would remain. "Perhaps" they could be part of that "lower premium level".   That would encourage folks that needed more prims to upgrade to a higher premium level. 

Should I mention that my group does own mainland without me being Premium anymore?

In theory, you could take advantage of a premium discount offer, sign up for a little while, purchase a plot of land that you like, then rent tier from an established service person and happily cancel your premium account. 

9568 sqm for less than L$7800 every 4 weeks. If the fees continue to increase, it might be less worthwhile in future, but for now...

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Patch did seem somewhat open to the "connecting the continents via water" when mentioned (SL15B Meet talk).  But Ebbe stated that the 512 homes would remain. "Perhaps" they could be part of that "lower premium level".   That would encourage folks that needed more prims to upgrade to a higher premium level. 

I bet the community would be glad for updated 512er housies too ;)

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

I bet the community would be glad for updated 512er housies too ;)

Yes, but unless plans talked about have changed, that is NOT going to happen.  So that "starter premium" level does seem to fit well with the 512s. Haven't heard ANYTHING that makes me think that is true, just logic :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.