rikkee54

rikkee54

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why is it when I update firestorm all my folders lose things,,, im so tired of this happenng,, I  have a lot of money invested  in those foldersof clothes and textures,, how can I get everything back without having to pay for it again.... please help me

Edited by rikkee54
misspelling

3 answers to this question

That missing inventory link is a good one but if this keeps happening over and over it seems like you have a "conflict" issue somewhere. Actually I can't remember ANYONE reporting this (and I read the forums a few times a day so don't miss a lot). I am also VERY concerned with inventory loss *wink*. 

Maybe Whirly will have some suggestions.  

HAVE YOU TRIED SEEING IF YOU HAVE YOUR INVENTORY IN THE LINDEN VIEWER?  If you do, then scroll to the bottom of that inventory wiki and look at the info about a corrupted file. That seems a good bet.  

@rikkee54 To give you a framework for chasing down your problem... Consider.

Your inventory is a list kept on the SL Servers. The viewer downloads a copy of the list and uses it for the life of the session. Making changes, adding, and deleting things in inventory makes a change in the servers AND the local list. The server side list is never downloaded from the viewer. So, it is difficult and rare to lose inventory. More often apparently lost inventory is a problem downloading you inventory list.

When the viewer has a copy of the list the viewer updates/checks the list against the server list. However, some things go wrong and the file gets corrupted, The FS Wiki page is about how to fix that.

The list is a list of item names and UUID's (a sort of URL into the asset database). The actual item is in the SL Asset servers. So, the inventory is a small thing even when you tens of thousands of shoes. 

Continue inventory problems are often an indication of a connection problem. You may have a good general Internet connection, but that does not guarantee a good connection to the SL servers. So, check that specific connection. 

If the connection is weak and you have everything in one folder you'll have lots of problems and may not even be able to login. Too much stuff in a folder is on the order of 5k items in a folder. But, a weak connection and slow computer may reduce that number.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.