Looking for calm AO

Noortje098

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I know this has been asked before but the answers weren't helpful and there might be new stores that I don't know off.
I've been looking for months now for a female AO that is calm, realistic, smooth and does not look arrogant, weight shifts all the time, moves it's head like crazy, walks around and looks like a whore(sticking out breasts, hips and ass, bending over). Some male AO come close to what I'm looking for but they're still too fidgety, arrogant und hold thier arms as if there are razorblades stuck under their armpits(should at least be a little ladylike).

Examples for what I'm NOT looking for: Vista, Akeyo, Tuty's, Oracul and Poses(no movement at all also looks unrealistic :( ) Right now I use Oracul stands from different AOs but they're driving me so crazy that I often go with the ugly SL standard animations. I gave up on creating my own can't make them move smoothly.

I hope someone can help me.

16 hours ago, Noortje098 said:

I've been looking for months now for a female AO that is calm, realistic, smooth and does not look arrogant, weight shifts all the time, moves it's head like crazy, walks around and looks like a whore(sticking out breasts, hips and ass, bending over).

That's a tall order unfortunately.

There is actually a Vista AO that fits the description. It's a very early one though and I doubt it's still for sale. I've run across it under various names in various freebie stores but it's been a while now so I can't say what to look for or where.

The only other one I can think of, is also an oldie - made by Koumia Bellah who seems to have left SL

One I bought a time ago for my Enchantress avatar... (I needed something  calm that like you said, did not bounce around like a hyperactive toddler)  I got from a place called Body Language (sweet lovely cute) -  Now, they are around 1k in price if not a few hundred lower, but I guess that price also depends on how old the AO is,  if there are any group discounts, or current sales.

The one I wear (Fulfilment) is quite calm with a hint of confidence -  it does make my avatar bend at the waist, but not in the same manner as the "come hither" (a nicer way to put it) movement. Currently it's not available on MP. It may still be in the store, but this was several months ago and I haven't been back since so it very well could not be available anymore, but do not take my word for it; go see yourself.

MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/26489

Mainstore: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bon Voyage/128/93/1253

Also: It has (that I can find) NO PRE-LOADED DANCES. I'm not sure if they can be added, I haven't tried yet.

You could always take out the animations you don’t like. For some reason most AO makers have at least one animation that looks silly in there.

As to you question the closest AO to what you’re describing is from Voir and it’s called “Almost Still” personally I didn’t like the walks, so I took them out and swapped them for ones I liked. But the standing animations are great.

• Like 1

I really like the calm version of the Vista Esther, but I also removed probably 4 or 5 of the stands that annoyed me. I've yet to find any AO that doesn't need animations removed and/or added to create the perfect AO. So I think your quest is achievable but it will take some effort on your part to find the animations you like and swap them out in the AO you're currently using.

15 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

Two words: Body Language!

I think is exactly what you describe and are looking for :) Is a famous AO store, so...

Wow. There are really nice natural looking animations. I like especially the many smooth relaxed standing animations without any silly movements.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 1

As I said Vista is not my cup of tea, I've tried them all and I tink I know the one that was sold at freebie places... The creator of (not only) Vista doesn't seem to go outside and watch how people actually move. There are very few stand animations from Vista that are calmer but they still look strange or fit other discriptions of what I'm not looking for. I've also tried the new Bento AOs and nothing has really changed.

"You could always take out the animations you don’t like. For some reason most AO makers have at least one animation that looks silly in there."

That's what I've already been doing. But the problem is that I think it's the opposite that most animations look silly and it's hard to find at least one that doesn't.xD

I don't see what is calm about Body Language animations. They're non stop moving, only slightly slower and with less variety in one animation than others. The Voir "Almost Still" is even worse. Looking at them for more than a minute is hard and it feels like something is broken, the Oracul ones I have are not as hard to look at even though they drive me crazy. At least there are some at Body Language that come close to how a normal human being stands, if they just weren't constantly moving they would have been perfect. I'll get some of thier sitting animations though.

I guess I'll be stuck with the robotic Linden Lab stands and the standard potatoe sack animations, at least I didn't have to pay for this mess.

Thank you for the answers.

• Like 1

The AO that I've been trying to make was one pose with slight breathing and little movement of either the head, arms/leg upper body every now and then, I tried to bring in variety with only changing the slight movements in following animation but the pose being still the same for about 3 animations and then shifting weight on one leg or crossing arms for another 2 animations. But my lack of skill made that whole project fail, I don't know if that would have turned out the way I wanted in the first place.

Edited by Noortje098

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

Welp, good luck! Let us know what you put together!

Yeah... I think I should give up for now. Something so basic and boring seems to be too weird for SL and the people who would actually spent money on this might be too few or else this would already be available. ^^ So far I've only seen one avatar with a nice AO, she made everything herself but didn't want to sell me a copy no matter how much I offered. ;(

Maybe one day I'll succeed with creating animations of a good enough quality and I promise I'll share that stuff for free if that ever happens. But right now I'm too frustrated to give it another try after 4 months of making no real improvement with free software at all. I hate not being talented with computer stuff.

I'll definitely share here if I ever come across a store that sells something I'm satisfied with.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 12:21 PM, Coby Foden said:

Wow. There are really nice natural looking animations. I like especially the many smooth relaxed standing animations without any silly movements.

It's my favorite, i think more realistic

There's also options of "'breathing" poses as well, some poses are very nice and you can put in your AO to switching between. :) Imitation and FOXCITY has nice ones...

I don't know what you mean by something between an AO and Pose. As I said I'm also not looking for breathing poses, that's too stiff and the transition between those poses is horrible. It's an actual AO I'm looking for or at least animations that are meant to be used in an AO.
Just look at the SL standard when you turn off your AO. That's the closest to what I'm looking for, only with more time between pose change, with a better posture and less heavy breathing. Some at Body Language have a good posture, but they just don't stop to wiggle around in an endless loop and/or shake thier head. They seem like a brain damaged person there's not one second of standing still.

Well, finding an AO that is not animated with breathing is like finding shoes that's made for classic feet in 2018.

I don't know if you have another choice  than looking in your inventory for the Linden made AO, that has no breathing and better posture. Search AO and open your library. Eventually go back to old AOs like this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ImpEle-Casual-Girl-AO/1924292

If you want your avatar to move less than in that AO, it is dead.

Searching for the 'perfect' AO can be a never-ending task, it certainly is for me. I don't mean a complete all-in-one set. I mean several single, individual animations which I can place into a single, small set. Some get close or nearly, but never perfect. They're often ruined by arms moving inside the body, or some ludicrous non-natural move which looks ridiculous.

I honestly wish I had the skills and know-how to create a smooth animation.. As the OP, I want a set of animations to be .. almost nothing. POSES often give me the closest to what I seek, which is why I like separate ARMS movements too, that I play over POSES.

The search continues ..

I commented on a similar thread also: -

On 4.7.2018 at 9:56 PM, Noortje098 said:

I've been looking for months now for a female AO that is calm, realistic, smooth and does not look arrogant, weight shifts all the time, moves it's head like crazy, walks around and looks like a whore(sticking out breasts, hips and ass, bending over).

I have no idea, how the SL Viewer looks like at the moment, but the firestorm viewer already has a built in solution for your problem.

Go to the Mocap stores, and buy only the individual animations you really like (not a whole AO or a set) and store them in your inventory.
Maybe, you find one useful animation at Akeyo, two from vista and 5 from other stores... doesnt matter. buy them as individual items.
Afterwards you open the viewer integrated AO, and then you just drag and drop your animations into it.

Of course you can set up different sets for standing, sitting, running, and so on... And you never ever will have to attach an extra HUD.

fs_ao_max.png

fs_ao_min.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, finding an AO that is not animated with breathing is like finding shoes that's made for classic feet in 2018.

I don't know if you have another choice  than looking in your inventory for the Linden made AO, that has no breathing and better posture. Search AO and open your library. Eventually go back to old AOs like this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ImpEle-Casual-Girl-AO/1924292

If you want your avatar to move less than in that AO, it is dead.

I think you misunderstood about everything I wrote.

3 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Searching for the 'perfect' AO can be a never-ending task, it certainly is for me. I don't mean a complete all-in-one set. I mean several single, individual animations which I can place into a single, small set. Some get close or nearly, but never perfect. They're often ruined by arms moving inside the body, or some ludicrous non-natural move which looks ridiculous.

I honestly wish I had the skills and know-how to create a smooth animation.. As the OP, I want a set of animations to be .. almost nothing. POSES often give me the closest to what I seek, which is why I like separate ARMS movements too, that I play over POSES.

The search continues ..

I commented on a similar thread also: -

Unfortunately the wrong people seem to have the skills and know-how. Why don't they just go outside and observe how people move. I wonder if the people that do mocaps even feel silly and unnatural when they record that stuff. Perhaps they actually are the only people on this planet that move like this... It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and frustrating what people think is realistic movement. Everything from hyperactive over seizure to heavy breathing or stiff poses and old robotic nooby stuff. :(

Edited by Noortje098
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I have no idea, how the SL Viewer looks like at the moment, but the firestorm viewer already has a built in solution for your problem.

Go to the Mocap stores, and buy only the individual animations you really like (not a whole AO or a set) and store them in your inventory.
Maybe, you find one useful animation at Akeyo, two from vista and 5 from other stores... doesnt matter. buy them as individual items.
Afterwards you open the viewer integrated AO, and then you just drag and drop your animations into it.

Of course you can set up different sets for standing, sitting, running, and so on... And you never ever will have to attach an extra HUD.

I know about the Firestrom AO and that you can buy animations as individuals. I even said in my opening post that I put together animations from different AOs, should I have added that I bought them as individuals and put them in the Firestorm AO? It's also too late to edit that post and exchange AO with Animations for better understanding. I thought what I meant to say was clear but english is not my native language, sorry.

Vista and Akeyo are among the examples of what I'm not looking for in my opening entry. I've tried them all after all and there was not a single animation I'm okay with. What might be the names of the other 5 stores that weren't mentioned in this and similar threads?

28 minutes ago, Noortje098 said:

Vista and Akeyo are among the examples of what I'm not looking for in my opening entry. I've tried them all after all and there was not a single animation I'm okay with. What might be the names of the other 5 stores that weren't mentioned in this and similar threads?

Check out Vista again :)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VISTA-ANIMATIONS-LARA-AO/7120371
Go there inworld and test the stands, especially #4. Its called VALARAST04
You might like it.

12 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Check out Vista again :)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VISTA-ANIMATIONS-LARA-AO/7120371
Go there inworld and test the stands, especially #4. Its called VALARAST04
You might like it.

I don't want a non stop moving "oh I'm so overconfident and won't face you when talking to you even tough i really have a stupid stance and gulp for air like a stranded carp" animation and I don't want the hands in a position that look as if you can't hold your pee any longer. That's what VALARAST04 looks like, it's one of the worst in that horrible set. All you would need to complete the stupid Vista look is a Carpwa head, set a fitting gulping for air mouth animation and make your legs thrice as long as your upper body while setting arms to 0. No more Vista please that chapter is closed.

Edited by Noortje098
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

My Recommendation is use poses. I use to do this when I got tired of seeing my avatar moving all over the place, I've also seen other people do this as well. Find some good walking and running animations and then stick poses in for the stances. Other then that the slow moving animations are hard to find.

7 hours ago, Noortje098 said:

I don't want a non stop moving "oh I'm so overconfident and won't face you when talking to you even tough i really have a stupid stance and gulp for air like a stranded carp" animation and I don't want the hands in a position that look as if you can't hold your pee any longer. That's what VALARAST04 looks like, it's one of the worst in that horrible set. All you would need to complete the stupid Vista look is a Carpwa head, set a fitting gulping for air mouth animation and make your legs thrice as long as your upper body while setting arms to 0. No more Vista please that chapter is closed.

The one from Vista was just meant as a friendly recommendation, because you asked for animations without exaggerated movements. What brought you to an angry answer like this is your secret, and better keep your secret. But have fun with your rant, chapter is closed for me, too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.