Mesh heads with changeable ears?

Ansiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any mesh heads with ability to change ears, so that the creator would have done them to go with the head? I haven't seen but if i missed those.

Different types of elf ears, cat ears, bunny ears and so on.

Not that I know (with the exception of the Yabusaka petite v3 but a) the pointy ears are unavailable and b) most likely not the size you are looking for). But some heads have no holes when you remove the ears... and some mesh designers released omega ears to go with your omega head skins.

21 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Not that I know (with the exception of the Yabusaka petite v3 but a) the pointy ears are unavailable and b) most likely not the size you are looking for). But some heads have no holes when you remove the ears... and some mesh designers released omega ears to go with your omega head skins.

Ok, thank you. Will check those you mentioned.

It would be nice addition for heads to have them.

Catwa heads, too, can be worn without ears - I'm using a Catwa head and ears from ^^Swallow^^ that are higher poly than the standard Catwa ears are.

11 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

The LeLutka head I use can also be worn without the standart human ears and I actually do that (I'm an elf).

Sadly, not with bento ears. They rig the jaw to the earbones, so when one's add-on ears twitch the face breaks up.

Thank you all for tips, just need to try more demos. :)

I went to see omega shop and there were lots of the heads, don't know if all, gathered in one room so you could see there which heads have kits and pictures of heads.

There was one head with changeable ears, VOID PEARL MESH HEAD V1.1,  but on marketplace someone wrote it hasn't had any updates in many years, also looks like it don't have a demo.

I guess it will be a bit annoying to find matching skins for all, not very good point in this mesh thing. There is a lot of skins with so much make up and if prefer skins with as little make up as possible, the amount of possible skins is smaller. I haven't searched for all shops, so maybe there is more of those than i imagine. 

Lots of skins found already, but many of them are for Catwa only and will never buy Catwa if the price is 5000.

There are SO MANY skins out there. So many. While annually matching a pair of third-party ears to your head skin (as in the case of elf ears) can be a pain, it's not as bad as some other areas because of the shading. I recommend that once you find a head you like with hideable ears, and a skin you like, you look for a set of ears with a default skin close to yours and then fine tune manually. Just make sure the ears are tintable. 

As for head prices, check out the groups of popular creators. Vista just recently had a promo on their heads for those who bought their newest female AO. LAQ offered their newest head at a lower price for a short time after release, Catwa *occasionally* offers a lower price on new releases or at events - I got one of mine at half price in the first 24 hours (I think?) Deals are out there if you look, and sometimes wait, for them. Join groups to get notifications of those deals. Each brand often releases this information in their individual groups. (The Mesh Body Addicts inworld group also often release notifications for this.) For a particularly low price option, demo Utilizator's Normie head; although i don't know if the ears can be hidden. 

17 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sadly, not with bento ears. They rig the jaw to the earbones, so when one's add-on ears twitch the face breaks up.

Okay, fair point. I never noticed that, since I don't use any animal ears.

Lumae skins come with unrigged mesh elf ears as standard (or at east the fantasy skins do, and many of the normal skins), AND Ear appliers for certain brands of Elf ear, such as Bentbox, and Soul, for example, as well as appliers for most brands of body/head, all included in the price along with a system skin.

Mandala ears can be recoloured without too much difficulty as well for a reasonable match.

5 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

For a particularly low price option, demo Utilizator's Normie head; although i don't know if the ears can be hidden.

They can...

18 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Err? What mouth acrobatics to you do? I wear Soul's ear patches attached to th earbones and it works fine for me with the extremy twitchy Aii ears...

Is the male head different?

On 7/7/2018 at 7:02 AM, Fionalein said:

Err? What mouth acrobatics to you do? I wear Soul's ear patches attached to th earbones and it works fine for me with the extremy twitchy Aii ears...

Is the male head different?

Maybe it is the male! It's a scary sight with Aii's ears :D

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Maybe it is the male! It's a scary sight with Aii's ears :D

Damn and silly me voted for "I want the same as with male heads" in their "how would you like your ears" poll... Thought I would be able to finally have ears without plugs then.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.