Lirriea

Looking to connect with a male or female emotional partner

Hello I am a 29 year old female in rl and secondlife and am seeking a partner of the same age or older. I want someone who can emotional support me and is open minded. I have two online dads/ one of which who is also my dom. I live on their land so you do not need to have a house. I would however like an account that is over a year old as I feel they would be less likely to take off without warning. Be warned I am a full time artist so if I don't answer don't panic. I do like to run around stores and events [i love collecting gifts or do hunts] so It would be nice if you did to or didn't mind iming me while i did so. I am planning on becoming a blogger so I'd like you to support me in this endeavor. If your avi is a child one please donot apply as i am not looking for that. Please note im not looking for a rl partner so this would be inworld only.

In recap, looking for an open minded, emotionally supportive man or woman of my own age with a good personality who either like to follow someone to different stores or doesn't mind im while i do.

Edited by Lirriea

Phroumities, as counter-intuitive as it may seem SL has folks who are looking for a low-maintenance, casual relationship.

Looking at it,  for a partner who does not want someone else getting all clingy - this might be great.

Someone pursuing a relationship with an Owned Submissive would be assuming no responsibilities for "stuff" (financial stuff breaks many relationships). 

Since the final "decider" on many things will be the Dominant (outside the relationship) - it would probably serve to keep the emotional commitment low (because "Master says I can't do that" would be a barrier to deep emotional connection for many) and just allow them to enjoy the "sharing" aspects of having someone you can talk to on a casual, unstructured basis.

Now *I* enjoy my complicated, messy, emotionally deep Partnership - but several people I have met are looking for just the opposite in their love life.

My concern would be that they type of Partner attracted to this might be a "taker" type and that always ends badly.

I'm not Dear Abby and I'm no expert - but SL is home to any number of unusual romantic arrangements. Mine is unusual, so I can't really toss rocks at anyone else's :-)

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

Phroumities, as counter-intuitive as it may seem SL has folks who are looking for a low-maintenance, casual relationship.

Looking at it,  for a partner who does not want someone else getting all clingy - this might be great.

Someone pursuing a relationship with an Owned Submissive would be assuming no responsibilities for "stuff" (financial stuff breaks many relationships). 

Since the final "decider" on many things will be the Dominant (outside the relationship) - it would probably serve to keep the emotional commitment low (because "Master says I can't do that" would be a barrier to deep emotional connection for many) and just allow them to enjoy the "sharing" aspects of having someone you can talk to on a casual, unstructured basis.

Now *I* enjoy my complicated, messy, emotionally deep Partnership - but several people I have met are looking for just the opposite in their love life.

My concern would be that they type of Partner attracted to this might be a "taker" type and that always ends badly.

I'm not Dear Abby and I'm no expert - but SL is home to any number of unusual romantic arrangements. Mine is unusual, so I can't really toss rocks at anyone else's :-)

giphy.gif

I've been partnered to the same person for over 4 years. I consider my partner to be the one person I want to be with in SL more than anyone else. I would assume my partner feels the same way. If my partner came to me one day and said "oh I'm an owned sub now, I need to be with them over you when they are online", I would wish them all the best and move on.

Similarly  I wouldn't invest an ounce of effort or time or emotion in developing a relationship with someone that was already owned.

Edited by Phorumities
fixed stuff

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

I've been partnered to the same person for over 4 years. I consider my partner to be the one person I want to be with in SL more than anyone else. I would assume my partner feels the same way. If my partner came to me one day and said "oh I'm an owned sub now, I need to be with them over you when they are online", I would wish them all the best and move on.

Similarly  I wouldn't invest an ounce of effort or time or emotion in developing a relationship with someone that was already owned.

There are many who agree with you :-)   Not every living-arrangement is suitable for *everyone*, like anything else its a matter of taste.

• Like 2

Another "I want" thread, with no incentive for anyone.

As a matter of fact, instead of incentive, negatives are offered. What weird backwards world do we live in now?

I on't know why no one has mentioned this, but OP, you state your dominant is your Dad?! So you're into incest and hoping to get a partner who is okay with that? I don't even know why your post is still allowed on this forum.

1 hour ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I on't know why no one has mentioned this, but OP, you state your dominant is your Dad?! So you're into incest and hoping to get a partner who is okay with that? I don't even know why your post is still allowed on this forum.

I'm pretty sure laws against incest between consenting adults were struck down along with all the other moral codes.

And for the record, I personally believe any two people should be permitted to marry, even a parent and child, as long as the child is over 18 .

Except,  I don't think the government should be in the marrying business at all. All "Marriage Licenses" should be renamed "Civil Contract Licences" issued to any two people that wish to enter into a relationship of mutual support.

Edited by Phorumities
wrong word form, duplicate words

Her post stays on this forum, because it does not violate the forum rules.

You are assuming every D/s relationship is sexual?

you have big risk ti meet hysterical person who calls herself/himself emotional. I met one emotional dude, who cried about anything,lol

On 7/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

A substantial chunk of the BDSM community is non-sexual and does not even engage in the use of fetishistic clothing, equipment or practices.

There are folks who crave structure and to temporarily cede “control” to a trusted dominant. But...this control is limited by the boundaries of what satisfies the Submissive partner’s specific needs.

For some, “Benevolent Control” conflates with “Protected and Loved”. I see this a lot amongst people in the Community who grew up with inattentive RL parents who let TV, the Internet and Childcare Experts raise them with minimal attention from mom and dad. They crave the Dominants attention - and don’t want sexual engagement with that parental-figure.

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 4

On 7/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, AmandaKeen said:

I just wanted to comment on the bolded....it completely and utterly negates what the OP is looking for. OP says she wants an *emotional* partner, and someone to connect with *emotionally*. Keeping that low would be, well, the exact opposite  ;)

My online dad [aka my dad] encouraged me to try and seek one but this isnt going so well so ima see if a mod will lock this..

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

I just wanted to comment on the bolded....it completely and utterly negates what the OP is looking for. OP says she wants an *emotional* partner, and someone to connect with *emotionally*. Keeping that low would be, well, the exact opposite  ;)

Please don't think I'm a bad person - but my thoughts on that may sound cynical :-)

"Connection" is actually entirely subjective.  Lacking mental telepathy, the sense of "connection" is entirely one-sided and is implied by the other feelings the person has for the other individual they feel connected to.....admiration, respect...coupled with presumed common interests.

Maybe a better statement would be "someone who makes someone feel connected to them".  Inspirational leaders and salesmen can both manage this, at both ends of the moral spectrum.

So...if she were to find a Dominant with a good social skillset, who evoked feelings of connection and she found that subjectively comforting........then it works :-)

Edited by AmandaKeen

4 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

Please don't think I'm a bad person - but my thoughts on that may sound cynical :-)

"Connection" is actually entirely subjective.  Lacking mental telepathy, the sense of "connection" is entirely one-sided and is implied by the other feelings the person has for the other individual they feel connected to.....admiration, respect...coupled with presumed common interests.

Maybe a better statement would be "someone who makes someone feel connected to them".  Inspirational leaders and salesmen can both manage this, at both ends of the moral spectrum.

So...if she were to find a Dominant with a good social skillset, who evoked feelings of connection and she found that subjectively comforting........then it works :-)

I don't think you're a bad person or cynical, lol. I think perhaps the OP doesn't really know what she wants-it's a lil cryptic, perhaps even maybe a bit confused on what she has (I mean, come on, most people are confused at points in their life, it's perfectly normal). Maybe a friendship is a better route, and then see where it goes from there. O course that's usually what I recommend for most people looking to connect with another person, or persons.  Though I don't think poorly of, or wish any ill will on OP, or most people, either, I do hope she finds what she's looking for, whatever that may be :D 

10 hours ago, Lirriea said:

My online dad [aka my dad] encouraged me to try and seek one but this isnt going so well so ima see if a mod will lock this..

It won't get locked until the thread drifts hopelessly off topic, accompanied by two or more of the posters starting to attack each other.

I doub't I would make a good emotional support person, but I could be a so so friend if you are interested.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

She could be in a DDLG relationship...which is a kink in the BDSM lifestyle ..which is not incest :) Google is your friend lol..

4 minutes ago, MissV82 said:

She could be in a DDLG relationship...which is a kink in the BDSM lifestyle ..which is not incest :) Google is your friend lol..

Though I'm not sure if that is the case. Correct me if I am wrong OP. :)

On 7/4/2018 at 3:59 PM, Phorumities said:

On 7/9/2018 at 8:33 AM, Talligurl said:

I doub't I would make a good emotional support person, but I could be a so so friend if you are interested.

Im message you :3 id love too be friends

On 7/9/2018 at 10:26 AM, MissV82 said:

You got it right :3

12 minutes ago, Lirriea said:

Im message you :3 id love too be friends

You got it right :3

I am also a little :) I love  meeting others that are in the ddlg lifestyle so hello :)

On 7/10/2018 at 11:08 AM, MissV82 said:

I am also a little :) I love  meeting others that are in the ddlg lifestyle so hello :)

Hello :D X3