The shop of Little Britain Store , a lost of money lost no only my, look the group,all people

TaeKyung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The owner never answr ims or notecard, marcketplace of the shop didnt work, more than 10.000 lindens lost  , more than 100 people lost a lot of money, no service in that shop, look the shop chat in group , everyone is asking for help and no answer , i dont know what to do , my friend asier resident , only want his 900L$ BACK , becouse now we hate that shop

Please Linden lab, i know you have a good service and no like that shop.

9 answers to this question

I feel your pain. Unfortunately there is little you can do aside from keep trying to contact them & hope for the best. I really dislike that for the Second Life consumers it is a gamble what you get for service & support. It must be a big turn off to many shoppers. I hate it because for each bad merchant existing, it gives ALL the good hard-working Second Life merchants a bad name!

I'd like to see Linden Lab do something aggressive to seperate the genuine merchants who provide support and are serious about running a proper business, and just cull off all the jerks and play merchants out of the game. In real life stores can't operate so horribly with complete impunity and keep their doors open.

Something simple like a one time payment of $25 USD (or yearly fee) to open business in Second Life as a merchant would put an end to a lot of this.

Hello there

I do understand how you feel, but i want to say something not as a customer but as a merchant. I sell close to 70 product online and inworld and with succes may i add. So i think i can share some of my expierences (i rarely buy) 

If it is any comfort to you, the genuine merchants are victim aswell by ppl like you mention in your post ( i need to be carefull it is not nice burning someone's business i have no expierence with) The thing is most customers i get are so far very pleased with the way i handle things like this morning i read there were some technical diffculitiies with marketplace.

I wokeup and found tons of notecards (28 to be prevcise) of customers that bought something last night and never got it. I took care of it at once and gave the customers what is there rightfull property. 

I just want to give you a few tips here for the nextime, because LL will NOT intervene with your grief. The simple reason is the would needs tons of ppl to anwser ALL those complaints. Plus it is a open market so you buy always at your OWN RISK.

Mind you tho that merchants have risk TOO, the times that ppl tried to convince me the never got there product is countless. While the did get it (TIP MERCHANTS GET A EMAILER SCRIPT I PROVIDE THEM FOR FREE) ideal!  the rezz it you know it.

Anyway, the only tip i can give you, try to contact the merchant or its staff in a POLITE and NORMAL fashion way. Often customers go totally crazy over a 50cent product the never got, be polite, calm , controlled. This eases the problem to a swift solution. Bumping heads with a store is never good mojo the simply ignore you.

If that has no results, write a 1 star review! And clearly write down what happend and why you rate it so low. This useually helps to get the merchants attention. Nexttime properly best tip i can give you when you buy something get some information of friends or even check the marketplace. See how its producline holdsup (reviews and ratings) not that it is all saying beware of that.

Reviews can be easly cheated, by alts or friends of that particular person so keep a open mind. That is all i can say aobut it, it is ashame tho that such merchants make it a way harder job for guys like me too. I had customers before when i fixed there non delivered item that the go " wow never had that good service"  and thats suprising! Because  it sohuld be like that. Customer is king afterall you make sure i can keep on going as i keep on going for you all to make a near cheap product.

But thats just me..

I hope oyu get your cash back, but i would not count on it to much :C 

• Like 1

How would a "one time payment of $25 USD (or yearly fee) to open business in Second Life as a merchant" help customers if, having paid the fee and been in business for some time -- possibly years -- a bona fide merchant then took an extended break from SL for whatever reason and his or her vendors started to malfunction during his or her absence?

Hello Tae. Here is the official answer of LL taking from Knowledge Base:

What do I do if I am unhappy with a purchase or transaction with another Resident?

We recommend that you directly contact the other Resident with whom you have the complaint to try to resolve your issue. We suggest this approach for any complaints that you have about inworld transactions with another Resident, including rental agreements. In our experience, most vendors are willing to cooperate to try to resolve complaints if they are contacted in a reasonable, timely manner. Linden Lab does not generally get involved in private deals between Residents; so you should use caution when making your purchases. We cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain or agreement made between Second Life Residents.

Hi TaeKyung,

I am  sorry that you have a shopping issue. As it was written in other answers you can talk only directly to the shop owner. I can advice taking lesson from this experience. Next time if you plan to spend more money contact with the seller or with person responsible for contact with clients (a person is ussualy pointed in seller's profile). Remember that is not nice to ask about shop issues seller's partner if she/he is not mentioned as customer service in profile.

You can ask a question about the product or you can simply ask if seller is not on holidays. In this way before you spent a huge amount of money you will know before if there is customer service available. Of course there are bigger shops that hire many employees to take care about customers and you don't need to confirm if seller is online but in other cases and in case if it is a huge bargain you may ask. Most Residents in Second Life who sell their creations are willing to help and usually there is no problem to contact with creator. There may happen diffrent accidents out of the blue and you may have to wait longer for the answer in the case that you described and even not get the refund.

I hope this was only one issue and your customer experience will be better.

Greetings

Id

Hey Innula! I do believe thats a fringe case of this issue & at least that merchant would be coming back to provide service in some reasonable time frame and they would actually intend to provide service.

We can probably agree that for every good merchant who makes their own products/service there would be 10 people who grab a business in a box and throw it on SLM. No investment in SL, and zero intent to provide quality service. As another example there are "merchants" who mute or ridicule any customers who dare contact them.

I still believe that a one time small fee to begin selling in Second Life would eliminate 90% of these ruffians. If it was reoccuring once yearly, this would also eliminate stale merchandise, unsupported goods. An unpopular idea I know, nobody wants to pay more money... but its a solution I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.