New Land Prices and GF or buydown sims ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Valisha Beaumont said:

Fantastic, so getting gouged for a reduced tier rate is now about 50% of the value it used to be , and it costs more to buy linden .

That 'gouge' paid for itself long ago. It only took six months to make up the price to do the buy down. You're still paying less per month than regular region owners do.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Valisha Beaumont said:

the point is the product i bought got devalued and i also get the joy of the increased linden prices .

You didn't buy a "product".

You paid a one off fee of $600 to reduce your yearly land fee from $3600 to $2400, a couple of years back. so you have already saved what, best part of  two grand off your land costs, even after taking the $600 into account.

Even now, you are paying $195 a month instead of $249, so your yearly saving is STILL $600 off the regular price.

You haven't been gouged, swindled, devalued, or robbed.

You HAVE saved a large amount of money, and are STILL saving $600 a year, and unless you are buying a very very large amount of linden every year in thousands of very very small purchases, I somehow doubt that that an extra 49 cents per transaction is going to exceed that $600 a year land fee reduction.

I don't even need to check your profile do I?

Rez date between late 2006 and early 2009...

2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome rides again...

Point blank for you: You own a Sim. You. Own. A. Sim.

Congrats for being able to afford that cost at all.

You nabbed the buy down? Good for you. As others have noted, you're still saving money.

Oh hey and you can afford to have a Sim, congrats.

Nothing has been devalued - full stop there.

All that out of the way ...

I'm with bigmoe on the above: That crap has to stop. The attitude being complained about is not relegated to any particular grouping or "wave" of users. Period. Hard time starting out? Lovely!

Get over it.

Everyone has their own horror stories.

Edited by Solar Legion

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The attitude being complained about is not relegated to any particular grouping or "wave" of users.

If you noticed that 80% of people causing themselves severe injuries by lighting fireworks and shoving them up their bottoms, were teenage blonds from Latveria, you'd probably refer to the trend as "Blond Teenage Latverian Arse Exploding Syndrome".

Check the rez dates on most of the posts /threads where this kind of attitude occurs, see how many joined SL in the period mentioned.

THEN come back and complain about the name.

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Hard time starting out? Lovely!

Get over it.

Everyone has their own horror stories.

Congratulations on another "Amateur Psychology-101 Failure".

I didn't have a 'hard time' starting out, I've just noticed that the attitude in question is predominately found in people with rez dates between late 2006 and early 2009, the SL Gold-Rush years. That you haven't noticed is due to you not reading the same posts/threads and not checking rez dates to establish a trend.

Get over it...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Even now, you are paying $195 a month instead of $249, so your yearly saving is STILL $600 off the regular price.

This is the part that gets me. They still get to take advantage of a deal that the rest of us can't get anymore. They got that deal when there was absolutely no assurance that the offer would end with them having this exclusive advantage over everybody who came later. And yet they feel entitled to b!tch about how they're able to screw everybody else by only half as much as the windfall they got when the offer was withdrawn.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Valisha Beaumont said:

SO a couple years ago i took advantage of the buydown and essentially got my tier to 195 . Does this price change affect me at all ? I can't seem to find any information on sims like mine.

Owning a full estate sim that you bought from LL is NOT the same as owning a full sim parcel on mainland. On mainland you get no more rights of ownership with your "full sim ownership" than if you owned a 512. Even owning the full sim, you get no estate manager rights, including but not limited to setting the maturity rating, editing terraform limits, changing ground textures, or managing the estate ban list.

Consider that extra $20 US a month you pay as the cost of truly owning the sim. If you aren't happy, sell it and buy a full-sim mainland parcel.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

This is the part that gets me. They still get to take advantage of a deal that the rest of us can't get anymore. They got that deal when there was absolutely no assurance that the offer would end with them having this exclusive advantage over everybody who came later. And yet they feel entitled to b!tch about how they're able to screw everybody else by only half as much as the windfall they got when the offer was withdrawn.

There are grandfathered regions for sale now and then (though not mine, it's taken).  The transfer fee is the same as the buy-down fee was - $600.  So you can still get the benefit if you keep your eye on notices here or in the group For Sale by Owner.  (There is another group but I can't remember the name).  Purchase prices on resale of grandfathered regions have gone down following LL's announcement though I have no idea whether they'll swing back up next month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.