How can I add to my current land holdings Premium Member

GingerPiper Throgmorton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

If you have already reached the L.I. limit for that parcel, you have to look elsewhere.  You may abandon your Linden Home (after you pick up all your stuff -- one at a time -- and put it back in your inventory) by standing in the home, opening World >>> About Land >>> General, and clicking Abandon Land.  Then you can look for a larger parcel to buy.  As long as the total land area is less than 1024 sq m, your Premium land fee waiver will still cover the monthly fees.  Please remember not to buy new land until after you have abandoned the current parcel, or you will be charged a land fee for the amount over 1024 sq m.

As an aside, if you are truly rezzing only low-L.I. items, it should be fairly hard to hit the L.I. limit in a Linden Home unless you are rezzing a lot of stuff.  You may want to consider rezzing only those things that you truly need to have visible at one time or, where possible, converting non-mesh items to convex hull to cut down on their L.I.

The free Linden Homes are all on 512 sq m. parcels, and you can't add to that.  As Rolig says, it should be fairly easy to furnish a Linden Home within the 175 land impact allowance.  However, your Premium membership includes the ability to own up to 1024 sq. m. of Mainland, without any monthly tier fee.  You should do as she suggests...well, first, find yourself a 1024 sq m. parcel you'd like to buy.  Then take up or delete your stuff at your Linden Home and Abandon it.  Then go buy the alternative parcel you found.  Do it in exactly that order...first find your new land, then abandon your old home, THEN buy the new land.  Otherwise, you will exceed your free tier for the month.  You'll then have land with an allowance of 351.  You'll have to buy (or build) a house to put on it, but you should still have more room for furnishings and such.

There are rumors that LL will increase the parcel size of Linden Homes from 512 to 1024, but that hasn't happened yet.  I sort of hope that it doesn't...the current situation provides an incentive for people to give up their starter homes and upgrade.

51 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There are rumors that LL will increase the parcel size of Linden Homes from 512 to 1024, but that hasn't happened yet.

Not rumors, verified by Patch Linden on the Meet The Lindens talks.  (video available).  They apparently are well underway and looking good. No date though. Those will be 1024 parcels so twice as many prims. Hopefully there will be some smaller houses with big yards as well as big houses. Someone said something along the way (don't remember who but think it was Ebbe) that lead me to believe there would be some variety.  So there is always WAITING.  

Even with low prim furniture it is difficult to decorate the larger homes. One thing you can do is only use the downstairs or a part of the house giving you less space to fill. A "minimalist yoga room" is also a good filler design. I have used that often when I was counting prims in a rental :D.

Also if there is a land impact increase in the future (also mentioned in the talks) that would help with decorating -- unless of course that goes along with the new land impact rules coming along. Then items that follow the new rules will be at a premium and likely if those are used you can have more "clutter". 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.