Jump to content

Best way/Ways to take things slow with that special someone❤


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I've recently met someone that I'm really into.  In the past I have been guilty of diving right into things. I would like this time to be different as I feel there's a strong connection between us.  I have proposed a six-week rule for us just getting to know one another, which he has agreed to. Any ideas on how to make this work and things to do would be greatly appreciated. :) What do you and your partner enjoy here together?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MissV82 said:

I've recently met someone that I'm really into.  In the past I have been guilty of diving right into things. I would like this time to be different as I feel there's a strong connection between us.  I have proposed a six-week rule for us just getting to know one another, which he has agreed to. Any ideas on how to make this work and things to do would be greatly appreciated. :) What do you and your partner enjoy here together?

Good idea.  I actually had 3 months of "hanging out" with my partner before we made it official.  9 years later we are still together and I am glad we took it slow.   Things we did (and still do only with alts now to escape business stuff)

Dancing  (in the "hanging out" period we used to put a country in search and try to dance around the world)

Exploring

activity sims  (we are currently staying on a vacation community set of 17 sims with our alts and roller skating, kayaking, boat rides and lots of things)

He likes seeing sl art sims, I am not always keen but go along and often am amazed

we play a game were we put a random word into search and tp to the sims that come up

and we talk, for hours.  In the early days we discovered we were online together 18 hours a day some days.  

I hope it works out  for you.  I am a firm believer in taking it slow and try to advise my friends to do the same  9_9

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Good idea.  I actually had 3 months of "hanging out" with my partner before we made it official.  9 years later we are still together and I am glad we took it slow.   Things we did (and still do only with alts now to escape business stuff)

Dancing  (in the "hanging out" period we used to put a country in search and try to dance around the world)

Exploring

activity sims  (we are currently staying on a vacation community set of 17 sims with our alts and roller skating, kayaking, boat rides and lots of things)

He likes seeing sl art sims, I am not always keen but go along and often am amazed

we play a game were we put a random word into search and tp to the sims that come up

and we talk, for hours.  In the early days we discovered we were online together 18 hours a day some days.  

I hope it works out  for you.  I am a firm believer in taking it slow and try to advise my friends to do the same  9_9

Thank you so much!  You gave me so many good ideas.  Your story makes me smile. While I believe that sometimes rushing in can work out for some people it never has for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i would also plan some time for yourself..or himself/herself.. some time for friends( some might never become mutual friends!)

Of course! I am a firm believer in maintaining your friendships and having time for yourself it's essential in any relationship or potential relationship. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MissV82 said:

Of course! I am a firm believer in maintaining your friendships and having time for yourself it's essential in any relationship or potential relationship. :)

 

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i would also plan some time for yourself..or himself/herself.. some time for friends( some might never become mutual friends!)

I agree,  I should have said. I do my DJ thing with friends (he hates most of my music :) )  while he goes off playing in blender (i call it the other woman)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

 

I agree,  I should have said. I do my DJ thing with friends (he hates most of my music :) )  while he goes off playing in blender (i call it the other woman)

Haha niiiice!! The music thing would be a deal-breaker for me I love music :D That's one of my favorite things to do here. I love places with live performers. Hopefully we enjoy some of the same genres.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03 July 2018 at 4:43 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

he goes off playing in blender (i call it the other woman)

Having another woman is one thing... Building your own from scratch in Blender... That's obsessive... :D 
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, MissV82 said:

In the past I have been guilty of diving right into things

That is very typical sometimes in SL because there are so many romantic places to explore and it seems like time speeds the relationship process up.  Another bit of advice is to hold off partnering as well.  Partnering is a whole other dimension of relationship here and it brings its own set of expectations and responsibilities:D  Partner up when both are good and ready!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But since you guys taking it slow Just be upfront both ways courtship take it slow. But being a stepford Just have to dress up keep up appearance be the little wife why the head of house hold goes out to work have the house done all cleaned up dinner on the table when he gets home. But he can reward you take you out to dinner.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dreamerra said:

But since you guys taking it slow Just be upfront both ways courtship take it slow. But being a stepford Just have to dress up keep up appearance be the little wife why the head of house hold goes out to work have the house done all cleaned up dinner on the table when he gets home. But he can reward you take you out to dinner.

Lol that  would be fun roleplay but I was referring to building your own woman in blender comment :D Up there.  Sometimes I wonder if courtship in SL exists. lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

That is very typical sometimes in SL because there are so many romantic places to explore and it seems like time speeds the relationship process up.  Another bit of advice is to hold off partnering as well.  Partnering is a whole other dimension of relationship here and it brings its own set of expectations and responsibilities:D  Partner up when both are good and ready!

Thank you! I could not agree more.

Edited by MissV82
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, MissV82 said:

I've recently met someone that I'm really into.  In the past I have been guilty of diving right into things. I would like this time to be different as I feel there's a strong connection between us.  I have proposed a six-week rule for us just getting to know one another, which he has agreed to. Any ideas on how to make this work and things to do would be greatly appreciated. :) What do you and your partner enjoy here together?

Sadly our times  didn't match up well. Either way I made a new friend :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...