Question

Hello! I have this situation with the physics of the mesh.
I upload the building, do the analysis, set it to prim - all successfully. But when I try to walk on it, I stand a little in the air.When I rez a prim, it appears where it should be. But if you turn it into a physical it pops up a bit. And it does not even touch a physics highlighted blue and hangs over it. Why is this happening?

(You can see a small doorstep, I did for it a separate cube in the physics, I tried even the model completely without the doorstep but the situation repeated.)

Please help!

THANK YOU!

Snapshot_002.jpg

Edited by MIVIMEX

2 answers to this question

I even conducted such a wild experiment and made a model without floor and ceiling, subsequently replacing them with mesh cubes. and all to no avail. I come to the conclusion that the matter is in the physics of the game and we all walk a little in the air ...

When you set a prim to Physical, this is normal behavior.  They repel each other slightly, due to the interaction of their collision envelopes.  If you need to make an object Physical, wait until the prims are all linked.  Linking is the "glue" that holds them together.  You can get some nice "exploding object" effects by turning a linkset Physical and then unlinking it.

• Thanks 1