Prim Auto Align Script wanted.

Marlon Wulluf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for is a full perm script or several scripts than can take an object and align another to it on the X, Y and Z axis, an example would be tunnels with straight, curved, and intersections.

EG.

Rez straight tunnel, click on one of the entrance faces, this will glow to show selected, then rez the T section, and click on any of the edge faces of the T section, and the entire T section will move and rotate to align itself with the selected face facing the selected tunnel face.

If I was an Einstein, then I would attempt to create the script(s) myself, but I'm not and hence the request.

Edited by Marlon Wulluf

I already know about this tool in Firestorm, but it's only use to when building, but what if I'm building a modular system, that instead of someone rezzing each piece and manually aligning them up, a script would do that, not just for prims but also for linksets too

EG.

I'm using completely separate linksets,,, 1 set is a tunnel with 2 hollowed prims, 1 at each end of the tunnel, the tunnel itself is root and the end prims are children, the other objects (T section and curved tunnel), not linked to the tunnel, but as separate objects, have the same hollowed prim at the ends of the objects,,, EG, the T section would have 3 hollowed prims 1 at each end, as children to the root prim which would be one of the center prims of the T section, the idea would be to touch the outer face of one of those child prims and it would glow to show selected,,,, then on another completely separate object linkset, I would touch the outside face of another child prim and the 2nd object would move into alignment with the first object that has the face glowing, but there's a difference, if I touched the outer face of any point of the T section then it becomes stationary and when I touch the outer face of the tunnel, then the tunnel not the T section would move into alignment, but if I touched the outer face of the tunnel first, then touched the outer face of one of the T section entrances, then the tunnel would be stationary and the T section would move into alignment, this way I can create modular builds that would auto align when one face is clicked then another face etc etc.

Much like this short video,,,, the parts are from a space station I purchased, but the scripts are no mod, and each part has only 1 script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt52u67yjpf1v3n/Auto-Align.avi?dl=0

Edited by Marlon Wulluf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.