Lindens! Better premium discount offer please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2.7.2018 at 9:21 PM, Yasuhiroi said:

Its SLB15 and the best they can offer on premium is half price for a single solitary month. Surely they could do it on the three month package to at least make it seem tempting. This offer really doesn't prompt me to want to take out premium. Reason being is for the sake of one month at half price I would just be taking out premium at its standard normal price for the rest of the year. At least by discounting the three month package again (which I haven't seen them do in quite a while now) it would make it worth it in the sense of it being a birthday celebration. Or even go crazy and do half price on the years membership, that never happens. 

"Or even go crazy and do half price on the years membership"

I would jump on that "half price on the years membership" instantly. :D (if it happened right after my payday)

The only reason to go premium would be if want to buy land/sim to build on and since buying land is so expensive and the tier costs are so high, i will never do that, unless i win millions on lottery. RL is still more important money waste.

It's kind of crazy when you first pay for premium and then if you want to buy land, you pay for tiers and all like crazy. The costs for premium members should be lower, because they already pay for premium. Maybe allow all residents to buy land and make the costs much much much cheaper for premium members.

It's still only pixel land and this is only a game.

If want only the rich people to be able to fully play/use this game, should make a starting payment and make it so high, that no one else would come.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2018 at 8:10 PM, Alyona Su said:

You *DO* know those figures were an intentional joke, right? ~Snorts~

The point is that all prices of anything are fair when the perceived value matches. In other words: the word "fair" is a single-word oxymoron. What's "fair" to me, may not be to you.

See this is what I'm talking about. Your trying so so hard to be seen as the witty funny one and yet succeed at it about as much as a vicar would trying to baptise a cat.

Lets look at what you ACTUALLY said "Hey, the regular price is an annual premium subscription is $144" now reading that first time and interpreting the obvious mistake reads as "Hey, the regular price OF an annual premium subscription is $144". There for you are stating this number to be a FACT, not a joke. There is no sarcasm here, no joke, no hee hee or haw haw....just you stating something to be completely true. Then you go on to FACTUALLY claim there is a 50% discount on this and state that it is "deeply discounted, too!" with an exclamation mark really trying to hammer the point home that you completely know what you are talking about. You never once said anything about those prices being made up or a joke. You just simply stated them as fact and then TRIED to be funny with the "//sarcastic-response" and then appeared to go onto a completely separate disconnected sentence where you start making FACT claims about price matching without ever actually linking it to the so called "sarcastic response" you made in the first place.

Here is the simple truth. You are desperately trying to back peddle in order to not seem like a complete and total moron. Stop trying to be the comedy queen of the forum, take a deep breath, calm yourself, relax and just have a normal conversation and leave the "comedy" to those more able.

2 hours ago, Ansiri said:

"Or even go crazy and do half price on the years membership"

I would jump on that "half price on the years membership" instantly. :D (if it happened right after my payday)

The only reason to go premium would be if want to buy land/sim to build on and since buying land is so expensive and the tier costs are so high, i will never do that, unless i win millions on lottery. RL is still more important money waste.

It's kind of crazy when you first pay for premium and then if you want to buy land, you pay for tiers and all like crazy. The costs for premium members should be lower, because they already pay for premium. Maybe allow all residents to buy land and make the costs much much much cheaper for premium members.

It's still only pixel land and this is only a game.

If want only the rich people to be able to fully play/use this game, should make a starting payment and make it so high, that no one else would come.

I personally consider that about @1.25 US a month for a yearly membership which INCLUDES free tier or a 1024 (351 prims I believe) is a very "fair" payment.

Maybe you haven't been reading the forums all that long but this has been well covered. Not new news.  I suspect that most folks that can log into SL on some sort of computer can afford 1.25 per month US. Somehow I think you have missed out on the current facts about premium membership and land ownership.  IF they made the yearly membership HALF of the current price, they would be paying each person that took that deal rather than making any profit. That's not good business so don't expect it to happen. 

• Like 2

@Yasuhiroi - your angst is obvious, and intellect or lack thereof is amazing. I back-paddle from nothing and stand by every single word I've ever written in these forums and neither do I so easily resort to name-calling or petty accusations.

Linden Lab gave everyone great discounts on land-use fees only a month or so ago and you want more. The simple fact is that you present the purview of an entitlement-minded little snowflake. Your reply is the kettle calling the pot black, and if it looks and smells like dog feces, it must be dog feces.

PRO TIP: Life isn't fair. No one, including Linden Lab, owes you anything. As they say: "pay-up or shut-up."

You have my permission to take the last word on it against me (because you will, as you cannot resist it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just looked up mine and what it cost me a year for membership..

I pay one time 72.00 a year.

I get 400 lindens per week..I looked up what it would cost me to buy lindens..it's 1.60 for 400 lindens

That's 6.40 they give me back a month in stripen

So I pay 72.00 a year.

6.40 x 12 =76.80

I'm making 4.80 a year

I'm not saying I don't spend a lot of money on lindens and go shopping a lot,because I do..But my membership is profit..:D

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I get 400 lindens per week..I looked up what it would cost me to buy lindens..it's 1.60 for 400 lindens

So I pay 72.00 a year.

6.40 x 12 =76.80

I'm making 4.80 a year

I'm not saying I don't spend a lot of money on lindens and go shopping a lot,because I do..But my membership is profit..:D

THIS.

:D

But currently (and for a long while) it is 300 stipend which is what most of us use to calculate since that is what anyone wanting to become premium NOW will be getting. 

Some old timers make more than that. Longevity is good for a few things. 

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

But currently (and for a long while) it is 300 stipend which is what most of us use to calculate since that is what anyone wanting to become premium NOW will be getting. 

actually ... it depends on when your account is made, and been premium before or not.

If you'r old, and never been premium, you will get the high stipend. If you ever downgraded it will be only the current level available.

Account created within Basic Premium
(unknown) - 2006-05-28 L$50 (*) L$500
2006-05-29 - 2006-07-20 L$0 L$500
2006-07-21 - 2006-10-31 L$0 L$400
2006-11-01 - current L$0 L$300

11 minutes ago, Bernard Rhiano said:

If you'r old, and never been premium, you will get the high stipend. If you ever downgraded it will be only the current level available.

There have been threads on this in the past and it isn't exactly clear if that 500 would be given to those early adopters NOW. Certainly there are folks that have been getting 500 a month since that offer was made but not all that many (I only know one).  And if you quit premium and then go premium again you get the CURRENT 300. That we know is correct and it is stated clearly in the documentation. 

If you can put the source (or the page it was on) of that 500 if you were born before 5-28-06 and you upgrade NOW into this thread, that would be helpful. 

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There have been threads on this in the past and it isn't exactly clear if that 500 would be given to those early adopters NOW. Certainly there are folks that have been getting 500 a month since that offer was made but not all that many (I only know one).  And if you quit premium and then go premium again you get the CURRENT 300. That we know is correct and it is stated clearly in the documentation. 

If you can put the source (or the page it was on) of that 500 if you were born before 5-28-06 and you upgrade NOW into this thread, that would be helpful. 

When I joined it was July 30,2006..Going premium right away locked in my 400 stripend for good.. Each time I have downgraded and then came back to premium,I still receive my 400..

The same goes for those that went premium before july 21,2006 getting the 500 per week stripend..

You had to create a premium account back in those time periods and not just make an account back then to get those amounts today..

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/premium-membership-r346/#Section__3_2

Stipends for old accounts

The stipend amount for older accounts depends on what type of account you have and its age.

Premium accounts created or upgraded from basic:

• On or after November 1, 2006 receive L$300 per week.
  • Between July 21, 2006 and November 1, 2006 receive L$400 per week.
  • Before July 21, 2006 receive L$500 per week.

Certain old basic accounts get a stipend; basic accounts created

• Before June 6, 2006 receive a stipend of L$50 per week, if they log in that week.
  • After June 6, 2006 do not receive a weekly stipend.

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was just figuring out what my cost per year really was at 400 stripend per week..

I hadn't looked it up in a long time and was curious..I think the last time I looked,it was actually costing me something..I think like .30 or something like that..It's been years since I checked..I just thought it was funny that I was actually making something at all..hehehe

Right now,If someone were to do the yearly 72.00 and were getting 300 in stripend per week..Their cost would end up being around 1.20 per month ,which is currently what 300 lindens cost..:)

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I joined it was July 30,2006..Going premium right away locked in my 400 stripend for good.. Each time I have downgraded and then came back to premium,I still receive my 400..

OK. Perhaps the DATE that you quit and then later became premium again is the deciding factor. I know of two friends that quit their premium memberships (one was 400 premium - one was 500 premium) and BOTH are now getting 300. They had both been premium for MANY years with the higher stipends before they stopped.  

That's all I know. We have asked to have this clarified by a Linden but so far that hasn't happened.  I think Patch said he was going to look into it, but I never saw a reply. I understand what the knowledge base states but as many of us know the knowledge base  is not always correct info (I agree that it SHOULD Be :D). 

There aren't all that many people old enough to get the larger stipend so that really has very little to do with this thread. 

ALSO, as I said, when you downgrade from premium to a basic account a BIG BOLD NOTE comes up (or at least used to) saying that should you go premium at a later date you will ONLY get the amount of the current stipend, not any that you had previously. 

Not arguing; it seems like the "rules" are not consistent -- based on reports from users. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. Perhaps the DATE that you quit and then later became premium again is the deciding factor. I know of two friends that quit their premium memberships (one was 400 premium - one was 500 premium) and BOTH are now getting 300. They had both been premium for MANY years with the higher stipends before they stopped.  

That's all I know. We have asked to have this clarified by a Linden but so far that hasn't happened.  I think Patch said he was going to look into it, but I never saw a reply. I understand what the knowledge base states but as many of us know the knowledge base  is not always correct info (I agree that it SHOULD Be :D). 

There aren't all that many people old enough to get the larger stipend so that really has very little to do with this thread. 

ALSO, as I said, when you downgrade from premium to a basic account a BIG BOLD NOTE comes up (or at least used to) saying that should you go premium at a later date you will ONLY get the amount of the current stipend, not any that you had previously. 

Not arguing; it seems like the "rules" are not consistent -- based on reports from users. 

image.png

I'm curious,Did they stay on the same character or did they make an alt and go premium?

I'm sure you are probably right and it's inconsistent..I can only say really what's happened with my account..I have been on and off premium a few times and even told back when I first was going to downgrade,which was when the first version of the forums was still around, that I would lose my current stripend if I left and came back..But it never happened..

Even this last time when I came back,I was still wondering if I would lose it.. I just hope I'm not drawing too much attention to myself and get knocked down to 300 ..hehehehe

On 7/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, Yasuhiroi said:

Here is the simple truth. You are desperately trying to back peddle in order to not seem like a complete and total moron. Stop trying to be the comedy queen of the forum, take a deep breath, calm yourself, relax and just have a normal conversation and leave the "comedy" to those more able.

23 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

@Yasuhiroi - your angst is obvious, and intellect or lack thereof is amazing. I back-paddle from nothing and stand by every single word I've ever written in these forums and neither do I so easily resort to name-calling or petty accusations.

back-pedal

[bak-ped-l]

verb (used without object), back-ped·aled, back-ped·al·ing or (especially British) back-ped·alled, back-ped·al·ling.
  1. to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
  2. to retreat from or reverse one's previous stand on any matter; shift ground: to back-pedal after severe criticism.
  3. Boxing. to retreat from an opponent, especially by stepping rapidly backward.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/back-pedal

10 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

back-pedal

[bak-ped-l]

verb (used without object), back-ped·aled, back-ped·al·ing or (especially British) back-ped·alled, back-ped·al·ling.
  1. to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
  2. to retreat from or reverse one's previous stand on any matter; shift ground: to back-pedal after severe criticism.
  3. Boxing. to retreat from an opponent, especially by stepping rapidly backward.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/back-pedal

Bicycles with the simplest brakes STOP when you attempt to back-pedal!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Bicycles with the simplest brakes STOP when you attempt to back-pedal!

But if you're going fast down a hill with coaster brakes it's the only way to slow down. Back-pedaling a bike with a freewheel in the same situation will only bring about a sort of panicked confusion that generally ends right after you hit the dumpster at full speed. Also, before about 1900 bikes had "fixed gears" like a track bike instead of having a freewheel.

Although you can back-paddle a boat I wouldn't recommend you doing it to try to stop a moving boat unless you were making a slapstick comedy film.

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So I pay 72.00 a year.

6.40 x 12 =76.80

I'm making 4.80 a year

You're right, i didn't remember about that stipend. It is pretty good deal like that. And if you managed to save it for the whole year, you could pay almost your next year premium with it.

Also i didn't remember they changed the 512 to 1024 which is way better. So it would be nice starting land. But the costs for bigger land is still way too high for some.

Actually it would be really nice if the premium price would be same for all, not depending when and how much you pay at once. 72 payed every month, would be 6 per month.

Knowing there is that cheapest payment when you pay the whole year, prevents paying any other way, and like Yasuhiroi wrote " Not everyone has $72 available in one go to pay for a straight year of premium".

Some people might buy more Lindens without premium, spend more money on this pixel world, so all should get similar support anyway.

These payments, premiums stuffs seem a bit unfair to me.

Oh boy ..... another "debate" over how Premium Stipend is handled ....

Here's what it boils down to: Either the system goes by Account Creation Date or it doesn't. If it does, the information they present is poorly worded and those finding themselves with a Stipend level that does not match are the exception - not the rule. If it doesn't then that is a recent development and older Account holders ought to think carefully.

That's it.

12 minutes ago, Ansiri said:

You're right, i didn't remember about that stipend. It is pretty good deal like that. And if you managed to save it for the whole year, you could pay almost your next year premium with it.

Also i didn't remember they changed the 512 to 1024 which is way better. So it would be nice starting land. But the costs for bigger land is still way too high for some.

Actually it would be really nice if the premium price would be same for all, not depending when and how much you pay at once. 72 payed every month, would be 6 per month.

Knowing there is that cheapest payment when you pay the whole year, prevents paying any other way, and like Yasuhiroi wrote " Not everyone has $72 available in one go to pay for a straight year of premium".

Some people might buy more Lindens without premium, spend more money on this pixel world, so all should get similar support anyway.

These payments, premiums stuffs seem a bit unfair to me.

It's like most things that you buy in bulk.. The more you get the more you save..

Still,9.95 a month isn't bad..Plus they are giving you almost half of that back in lindens..

The yearly is a nice deal for both parties involved..They have us locked in for a year and we don't have to worry about our membership for a year,plus get the bulk discount..:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.