Lindens! Better premium discount offer please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its SLB15 and the best they can offer on premium is half price for a single solitary month. Surely they could do it on the three month package to at least make it seem tempting. This offer really doesn't prompt me to want to take out premium. Reason being is for the sake of one month at half price I would just be taking out premium at its standard normal price for the rest of the year. At least by discounting the three month package again (which I haven't seen them do in quite a while now) it would make it worth it in the sense of it being a birthday celebration. Or even go crazy and do half price on the years membership, that never happens. 

You can switch your method at any time. 

Best deal is ALWAYS paying for a year.  This is not NEW NEWS. 

Memeberships will be changing in the not too distant future. That is all we know. They apparently (from official comments) NOT be getting cheaper. There will however be some choices :D. 

I don't see why it would need to be discounted even more?  Annually is $6 USD a month, which if you break it down:

• L$300 a week(About L$1,300 a month, a $5.20 value)
  • Linden home (provided you don't use more than 512 sqm of the other land) ($4.00 value)
  • 512 sqm of extra land to use(1024 sqm if you don't use the linden home) ($4.00 value)
  • Voice morphing ($8.00 value)

Those only being the things that can easily be estimated, LL technically looses $15.20 if you were able to and were to buy these individually. This doesn't include live support(who probably puts up with a bunch of cranky people daily, god bless them. <3), the L$1,000 sign up bonus, region entry priority, group limit bonus, premium regions, etc.

Personally, I feel LL is charging too little for premium. If I a job I would gladly pay more than $6 USD for what premium offers.

Just compare that to other services like world of warcraft who charge $15 USD a month, or runescape who charges $8 USD a month(Granted, these are not the same exact type of service provided by LL, but SL premium membership is quite cheap in my opinion). This being on top LL probably pays a lot more to keep servers up because SL is a user generated content platform, meaning they have to deliver tons of dynamic content to users.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You get a pretty good deal already with premium, I think.

What I'm saying is they could offer something a little better in honour of SL birthday than just a single month half price which in terms of what it usually would cost isn't really an offer overall compared to say when they offer 50% off the quarterly price

1 hour ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I don't see why it would need to be discounted even more? 

You can never get enough free candy.

I think Chic got right to the point: the Premium subscription is about to become some unknown set of offers for as yet unspecified features. Meanwhile somebody in Marketing must have decided the Birthday was publicity on which to piggyback a little promotion (above and beyond recent substantive improvements in Mainland ownership).

Sure, that promotion could have been on quarterly instead of monthly plan, but Marketing moves in mysterious ways -- maybe they're aiming for lowest first-time buy-in price to lure the ones who've never tried Premium at all.

2 hours ago, Yasuhiroi said:

when they offer 50% off the quarterly price

I haven't seen that deal since early last year.  They probably figured out how much they were losing by doing that.  The L$300 for 12 weeks plus the L$1000 signup bonus was roughly $18.50 in US $, whereas the quarterly promo only cost $11.25.

Well, since everyone might want something ...
I think LL could call back anyone who has already been Premium once and is no longer these days, so yes, offering a slightly better proposal. It's an idea, of course, that's for me ... :-)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kathyparnes1 said:

Well, thanks but no thank you.

Due to exhange rate ( not being in the U.S ) and gst and bank transfer fees, it really isnt worth it.

That again depends on were you are from and what your own conditions are.

For example: I'm also not from the US, but the Euro has a decent exchange rate to the US$. I use Paypal together with my normal bank account and haven't really noticed any significant fees (not sure what gst stands for).

18 hours ago, Yasuhiroi said:

Its SLB15 and the best they can offer on premium is half price for a single solitary month. Surely they could do it on the three month package to at least make it seem tempting. This offer really doesn't prompt me to want to take out premium. Reason being is for the sake of one month at half price I would just be taking out premium at its standard normal price for the rest of the year. At least by discounting the three month package again (which I haven't seen them do in quite a while now) it would make it worth it in the sense of it being a birthday celebration. Or even go crazy and do half price on the years membership, that never happens. 

Hey, the regular price is an annual premium subscription is $144, but they discount it 50%! For the three month subscription, it's usually $124 and it's deeply discounted, too! So what are you asking about, again?

//sarcastic-response

FACT: They could just proclaim any price and state that the existing price is a discount. Price does not matter. What matters is your perceived value of the service for the asking price. Apparently, for you (OP) it's not there, yet. Though they are saying they are intended to add additional value to premium subscriptions. We'll just have to wait and see.

27 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Hey, the regular price is an annual premium subscription is $144, but they discount it 50%! For the three month subscription, it's usually $124 and it's deeply discounted, too! So what are you asking about, again?

//sarcastic-response

FACT: They could just proclaim any price and state that the existing price is a discount. Price does not matter. What matters is your perceived value of the service for the asking price. Apparently, for you (OP) it's not there, yet. Though they are saying they are intended to add additional value to premium subscriptions. We'll just have to wait and see.

Where are you getting your figures from.

Regular monthly price is $9.50 x 12 = $114 a year and with one month half price is then $109.25 per year

Three monthly is $22.50  x 4 = $90 per year and then with one quarter half price is $79.75 per year

For the entire year is $72.00

I wasn't saying that they definitely SHOULD reduce the year one as its already reduced and the cheapest option. I was saying it in terms of it being SL birthday that if they wanted to do something neat then perhaps as a one off they could reduce it. Not everyone has $72 available in one go to pay for a straight year of premium. I wasn't suggesting 50% off that price or anything. Also, you don't seem to understand just exactly what sarcasm is.

14 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

Well, since everyone might want something ...
I think LL could call back anyone who has already been Premium once and is no longer these days, so yes, offering a slightly better proposal. It's an idea, of course, that's for me ... :-)

I think this is indeed an excellent suggestion. Lots of folks have dropped Premium over the years, for whom LL has contact information (some of which will still be accurate). With the new improved terms of land ownership they might well be lured back.

Probably wise to wait until the new multi-tiered Premium subscription is available, though. That way it won't be bait-and-switch, and there may even be membership levels of specific interest to a returning subscriber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Yasuhiroi said:

What I'm saying is they could offer something a little better in honour of SL birthday than just a single month

It's not actually a bad deal go on the Lindex instant buy L$ to as close to $4.75 total (inc 0.99 fee) as possible get approx L$950 spend that $4.75 going premium for a month get L$1200 everything else you get from premium is a bonus

5 hours ago, Yasuhiroi said:

Where are you getting your figures from.

You *DO* know those figures were an intentional joke, right? ~Snorts~

The point is that all prices of anything are fair when the perceived value matches. In other words: the word "fair" is a single-word oxymoron. What's "fair" to me, may not be to you.

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

You *DO* know those figures were an intentional joke, right? ~Snorts~

The point is that all prices of anything are fair when the perceived value matches. In other words: the word "fair" is a single-word oxymoron. What's "fair" to me, may not be to you.

That sounds fair.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I read this as a shortening of the Japanese “Bishonen”..meaning “beautiful young man”. So, thanks!

Itashi mash-ite!

(Sorry for the hyphen, these forums dunnaknow Nihongo, so it flags that middle part. Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.