can i use an avatar has a bank?

soysoloyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i need to know if i can use an alter account has a personal bank and if that dosent broke any linden lab rules or something? and if i can do that... is there any lindens transfer limit?

sorry about my english is not my first lenguage, and thanks for the people who answer.

14 minutes ago, soysoloyo said:

Hello, i need to know if i can use an alter account has a personal bank and if that dosent broke any linden lab rules or something? and if i can do that... is there any lindens transfer limit?

sorry about my english is not my first lenguage, and thanks for the people who answer.

Nope, as far as I know there is no rules against it - a lot of people do for security. But don't forget the password ;)

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, soysoloyo said:

Fionalein, thanks for your answer, do you know if there is any transfer limit or something? i don´t want to have any problems with it and again ty

Done it between accounts for years - there's no issues assuming it's not passing some huge amount that'd be suspicious to LL.

1 minute ago, soysoloyo said:

Zoxin thanks for your answer how thinking in a number huge amoung could be?   200,000  lindens? more or less?  

Well typically it's just when they don't know the reason behind it - just saying be prepared to explain yourself if they feel it requires investigation... really I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to use another avatar as a bank. If you need to watch your spending then you may want to sort out a budget sheet or the likes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoxin said:

Well typically it's just when they don't know the reason behind it - just saying be prepared to explain yourself if they feel it requires investigation... really I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to use another avatar as a bank. If you need to watch your spending then you may want to sort out a budget sheet or the likes. 

Well as a dj in sl there are people who dosent like you, and sometimes there are poeple who see you as an enemy, so i dont know is there are any way to stole my account i heard some stories about it, i just want to keep my money safe.

9 minutes ago, soysoloyo said:

Well as a dj in sl there are people who dosent like you, and sometimes there are poeple who see you as an enemy, so i dont know is there are any way to stole my account i heard some stories about it, i just want to keep my money safe.

If they can get into your account, they can just as easily access your transaction history.

If you're truly concerned about that kind of activity:

- Review the official TOS to be sure what you're doing is entirely within the rules.

- Make sure you have a very secure password, unique to this account (do this for any account for anything, regardless).

- Use a completely different password and email address for your other account if you choose to use one.

- Don't lie to LL if they do ask about it.

- And finally:

30 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

don't forget the password ;)

And whilst stories can be true, it's typically about those who shared too much or made it too easy for those trying.

I've got almost 13 years without getting a single hacking issue in SL - I'm sure the system in place is entirely able to protect your account if correctly utilised.

Edited by Zoxin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just don't click on any links that you don't know or log in to anything that doesn't look legit. Fake sites may look like the real thing but they can't have the correct domain so look at that. Also don't grant debit permissions to anything that you don't expect to ask you. Other then that you should be fine. I use an alt as a bank myself but I have never moved more then 60k from her and that's more like once every couple or months maybe a year. I also don't tell anyone who my alts are or what they're being used for or any other information that would interfere with the security of my account.

As everyone has said - yes you can use an alt as your bank. Many do so.

As for transferring suspicious amounts of L's - you say you are a DJ? - I doubt you would even get close to any threshold for transferring large amounts of money.

As with any online account - Use a strong password, don't share it, and all the other usual advice on account security.

Always enjoy your SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.