Holy Crap! I made it to Vacation....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

no “finding last-minute, desperate solutions to problems created by misguidedly ambitious people.....”

The biggest problems I've faced have been of my own making. I never thought of myself as being terribly ambitious or willing to take big risks, but there were problems to solve and I tackled them, often creating panic along the way.

When I retired, I expected life to improve, but I seem able to extract panic from the simplest of things, with very little effort. I've endured my fair share of misguidedly ambitious people, but I'm not sure that's the primary mechanism by which things go to hell for me.

I hope you have a restful and happy vacation, Amanda!

We're Vacation buddies!! \o/

I have 10 days off,which started Friday.. It still doesn't feel like my vacation started yet..

Once we get to the boat and the bikini is on and I'm laying on the deck hearing other boats and that water..Life will be good again..

For a little while at least..:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was lucky enough that when we switched from 8 hour shifts to 12 hour, we were given the opportunity to make our own schedules. Twice a schedule I get 8 glorious days off! It totally makes a difference in how I feel about my job, lol!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I was lucky enough that when we switched from 8 hour shifts to 12 hour, we were given the opportunity to make our own schedules. Twice a schedule I get 8 glorious days off! It totally makes a difference in how I feel about my job, lol!

That’s wonderful !

Part of my “deal” when the headhunter convinced me to put off early-retirement was that I would work 80% “flexible hours”. Literally, as long as I worked 80 hours every 2 weeks and attended all the mandatory meetings I could pretty much only keep office hours on my own schedule (the theory was that most of my employee contact outside of training sessions would be via electronic media).

Reality was much different :-) 

1 hour ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Another vacation buddy here, too! 2 wonderful weeks of school holidays...of course now it means I'll spend most of those 10 hours a day working in my SL store instead...9_9

And, yes, I currently have a G&T in my hand. Cheers!

My weakness is for margaritas while being unreachable on my deck with a good book :-)

I started with a Song of Fire and Ice this year and will probably end up on something trashier :-)

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.